MLR has been adopted!

It is very important that you pay attention to this forum.

MLR has been adopted!

Postby Makkon » 26 Apr 2015 16:23

Good news everyone! MLR isn't going to die horribly in a fire!

The site has been adopted by Ponyville FM for hosting and web-management, and by Mixmastacopycat for administration and moderation. Say hello to them, and ask them any questions you might have regarding the adoption and what is to follow.

[edit] changed forum permission so a discussion can actually take place
youtube | deviantart | tumblr

I'm Makkon.
Makkon
Site Admin

Re: MLR has been adopted!

Postby Mushrooshi » 26 Apr 2015 16:25

Howdy guys! I'm the representative for PonyvilleFM involved with the transfer of MLR!

PVFM (http://ponyvillefm.com/) is an electronic music-centric radio station, and we have over 20 hours of live DJ mixes and talk shows a week! We're also on Ponychat (with #bronymusic) as #PonyvilleFM. You may have known us as our old name from 2011-2014 as "BronyRadio". We've been hosting other fandom music projects such as Trotmania (http://trotmania.ponyvillefm.com/) and Toast Beard (http://toastbeard.bronyradio.com/)

We recognize the important role MLR has played in the pony community as a nexus of show acapellas and music remix stems, as well as its archives of music community history. MLR going dark would be an incredible disruption and loss of information for the remix community. We are glad to host MLR and work with MixMasta to keep the site up and breathe new life in it!

As it stands, we'd like to keep as much of MLR intact and barring unforeseen circumstances, we will keep the same type of infrastructure and domain so we can keep links throughout cyberspace preserved and have the immense history this site contains still available to view for all.
Mushrooshi
Site Admin

Postby MixMastaCopyCat » 26 Apr 2015 16:52

HELLO!

Some of you may know me already, most of you probably don't. But for those who do, my name's Joe! I used to go by CopyCat, also MixMastaCopyCat... which I go by on here lol! :D I used to be very much into pony music and the sorts, and I am still and always have been HEAVILY into music production. :ugeek:

I know I've joked around a lot, but in all honesty MLR is pretty damn important to me. If it weren't for this site and all of its associated social media, I wouldn't have... a majority of the internet friends I have today. My Little Remix is an extremely important resource for pony music remixes and knowledge on music production... or anything between the two!

I have no doubt that new management will work out just fine. I have complete confidence in myself, Shroo, the people at Ponyville FM, and all of our staff. I want to see this site stay afloat. I want things to stay orderly and functional. What more could I want?

Blah blah blah blah... so! Ask questions if you do not know things, and I will answer your questions if I know the things that you don't know. :grin:
Talk to me on Discord if you have any questions or concerns.
Discord name - MixMastaCopyCat#2012
MixMastaCopyCat
Site Admin

Primary: Ableton Live 9
Cutie Mark: Sam Koller

Postby senntenial » 26 Apr 2015 16:56

glad to have you onboard joeseph
My website with free music resources
18 year old full stack web dev and designer
senntenial
Global Moderator

Primary: FL Studio
Cutie Mark: ponies are for losers

Postby ExoBassTix » 26 Apr 2015 17:19

Glad to see people quickly responded to the forum's need for money and motivation for effort!

Just to get it right from the beginning, how do you guys plan on moderating/owning the forum?
Collecting dust...

Dieselminded drifter dodging delirium in daunting dreamscapes.
ExoBassTix

Primary: FL Studio 20
Cutie Mark: a crystal waterphone

Postby Mushrooshi » 26 Apr 2015 17:30

This is something we're figuring out at the moment; I'd love to see new life breathed into this and for the place to be as active as it was during its heyday, but at the very, very least, the site shall remain hosted and preserved so that the years of history and remix resources aren't lost. I think we're going to go on a more conservative approach for now though I'm thinking some changes will need to be made to bring some life back in. No "destructive" changes will occur, however.

PVFM would also like to feature more of the MLR community's music on our station. We have a good size listener base that would be great for premiering albums and compilations and hosting community events, and we're excited to include MLR in our community now!

For now, moving hosting to one that isn't set to expire in 55 days is the top priority.
Mushrooshi
Site Admin

Postby Mushrooshi » 26 Apr 2015 17:52

Crossposting from the other thread

ExoBassTix:
I still think it'd be a good idea to create a MyLittleRemix community Facebook group. What're your thoughts on this guys (looking especially at you, new site owners)?

Speaking as myself, I'm not too keen on splitting the community between too many methods of communication, and Facebook is hard to search for old threads and its closed nature also prevents it from being as valuable of a community resource as the MLR forum does. I see the primary value of MLR being its open community access for remixing resources.

A Facebook page that lets us announce any major projects and releases, on the other hand, I think would be a good idea, but I feel that the forum should be the primary platform for collaboration
Mushrooshi
Site Admin

Postby Aussie » 26 Apr 2015 17:54

i was gonna just say "cool" but it says that i need to type at least 25 characters i can't believe how strict this website is i HATE it i hope this website burns to the ground
Aussie

Postby CommandSpry » 26 Apr 2015 17:55

Wow I'm so glad this site has been adopted! I can't wait for the new management! Good luck Joe! I'm sure you can make this website great, if you put enough effort into it (and I know you will)! (:
Hey. Listen. I don't Care anymore. You hear me you Son of a Bitch? I'm old now. I have all the resources.
Hey. Listen. I don't Care anymore. You hear me you Son of a Bitch? I'm old now. I have all the resources.

hello I'm spry wobbler lol I'm
CommandSpry

Primary: Not yet specified.
Cutie Mark: wobbler

Postby MixMastaCopyCat » 26 Apr 2015 17:56

Aussie wrote:i was gonna just say "cool" but it says that i need to type at least 25 characters i can't believe how strict this website is i HATE it i hope this website burns to the ground

Aussie... :roll:
MixMastaCopyCat
Site Admin

Postby ExoBassTix » 26 Apr 2015 18:03

Mushrooshi wrote:Crossposting from the other thread

ExoBassTix:
I still think it'd be a good idea to create a MyLittleRemix community Facebook group. What're your thoughts on this guys (looking especially at you, new site owners)?

Speaking as myself, I'm not too keen on splitting the community between too many methods of communication, and Facebook is hard to search for old threads and its closed nature also prevents it from being as valuable of a community resource as the MLR forum does. I see the primary value of MLR being its open community access for remixing resources.

A Facebook page that lets us announce any major projects and releases, on the other hand, I think would be a good idea, but I feel that the forum should be the primary platform for collaboration

First I'd like to say it'd be slightly ridiculous to make it a closed group. Anyone who'd find use for it should be able to join the way I see it.
And secondly, it was exactly my idea that it could serve as a place where MLR going-ons get spread amongst those on Facebook so they're instantly in the know, but also that it could serve as a better place for community banter.

So yeah :P I think it'd be cool to hear some opinions on this.

Aussie wrote:i was gonna just say "cool" but it says that i need to type at least 25 characters i can't believe how strict this website is i HATE it i hope this website burns to the ground

Glad to see an old community member returned xD
Last edited by ExoBassTix on 26 Apr 2015 18:10, edited 1 time in total.
Collecting dust...

Dieselminded drifter dodging delirium in daunting dreamscapes.
ExoBassTix

Primary: FL Studio 20
Cutie Mark: a crystal waterphone

Postby Mushrooshi » 26 Apr 2015 18:08

ExoBassTix wrote:
Mushrooshi wrote:Crossposting from the other thread

ExoBassTix:
[quote=]I still think it'd be a good idea to create a MyLittleRemix community Facebook group. What're your thoughts on this guys (looking especially at you, new site owners)?

First I'd like to say it'd be slightly ridiculous to make it a closed group. Anyone who'd find use for it should be able to join the way I see it.
And secondly, it was exactly my idea that it could serve as a place where MLR going-ons get spread amongst those on Facebook so they're instantly in the know, but also that it could serve as a better place for community banter.

So yeah :P I think it'd be cool to hear some opinions on this.[/quote]

Facebook's permissions are wonky and I think some group features are disabled for general viewers, even if the group is set to "open". While I personally don't have issues with facebook, many are opposed to it for privacy and security reasons, so while it is a valid platform for banter, lets breathe back life into our already existing platforms (and if sillier off-topic subforums need to be made for that, then we shall :lol: )
Mushrooshi
Site Admin

Postby Mushrooshi » 26 Apr 2015 18:20

The first major change y'all will see is "Sharing is Magic" has been unlocked and moved back to the Music Production forum. It seems "Sharing is Magic" was planned to be replaced by a now-long-gone admin with a similar forum to take its place, but that replacement never took place and as such, stems and acapella sharing discussions haven't had a standard place until now.
Mushrooshi
Site Admin

Postby Facade » 26 Apr 2015 20:14

thanks for adopting us! <3
https://facadeofages.bandcamp.com/album ... o-the-dark
Spoiler Quotes:
DerpyGrooves wrote:The secret to a good song has everything to do with the relationship of the verse and the chorus to one another

ONEHOODASSPONY wrote:Image
Facade

Primary: Fl11 + Lsdj
Cutie Mark: None

Postby Fl Brony » 26 Apr 2015 20:48

So since you adopted us, does that mean we get another Christmas? Score!
I rap, make teh electronics, and try to be br00tz.
I also go by JokerCard for non pony stuff
My Youtube
My Soundcloud
I have a Tumblr...
I have a Twitter or something...

Fl Brony

Cutie Mark: Blank Flank

Postby MixMastaCopyCat » 26 Apr 2015 21:08

Fl Brony wrote:So since you adopted us, does that mean we get another Christmas? Score!

I believe you're confusing adoption with divorce. :grin:
MixMastaCopyCat
Site Admin

Postby Makkon » 26 Apr 2015 21:28

youtube | deviantart | tumblr

I'm Makkon.
Makkon
Site Admin

Postby Ocular » 26 Apr 2015 21:41

so this is a thing that happened ok
inactive
Ocular

Postby Lirodon » 26 Apr 2015 22:05

Welcome to the family!

My TrotMania project (that MLP-oriented StepMania pack) was also taken in under PVFM a few months ago, and we're getting ready for our big third release. We all share an underlying enjoyment of electronic music, and I suppose that we could synergize/collaborate on even bigger projects together.

I've always contemplated trying to do a "TrotMania vs. Remix War" somehow... maybe this could finally be a thing?
Lirodon

Postby ph00tbag » 26 Apr 2015 22:30

I, for one, welcome our new copycat overlord.
ph00tbag
Global Moderator

Cutie Mark: Blank flank

Postby ChocolateChicken » 26 Apr 2015 23:43

Hello to our new hosts, administrators, and managers! I think a lot of us here already appreciate the work guys do in addition to the the incredible online entertainment services from PonyvilleFM and Ponyville Live, and now we are also very grateful that you guys are helping to keep MyLittleRemix alive and available to all! Haha I'm so happy to have you guys as our adopted parents. I couldn't have thought of a better choice!
ChocolateChicken

Primary: Logic Pro
Cutie Mark: Blank Flank

Postby Callenby » 27 Apr 2015 17:20

Sweet. Good to hear everything is not going to disintegrate in a fiery implosion.
"Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist." - Pablo Picasso
Free online classes (including music) can be found here. Credit for my avatar goes to Lolo.

Tumblr / YouTube / Soundcloud
Callenby

Primary: Cubase 7.5
Cutie Mark: Double bass clef heart

Postby vaceslav » 28 Apr 2015 03:22

I was gonna say "i was gonna just say "cool" but it says that i need to type at least 25 characters" but someone beat me to it...
Youtube
Soundcloud
vaceslav

Primary: Ableton
Cutie Mark: Safety Pin

Postby GhostXb » 28 Apr 2015 22:49

I don't spend quite as much time here anymore, due to it seeming to slow down, but I hope things do pick up. I'm certainly glad MLR is here to stay.
GhostXb

Postby Facade » 29 Apr 2015 00:18

vaceslav wrote:I was gonna say "i was gonna just say "cool" but it says that i need to type at least 25 characters" but someone beat me to it...

post-ception

yea this 25 character limit is kinda annoying, maybe 15 would work better?
https://facadeofages.bandcamp.com/album ... o-the-dark
Spoiler Quotes:
DerpyGrooves wrote:The secret to a good song has everything to do with the relationship of the verse and the chorus to one another

ONEHOODASSPONY wrote:Image
Facade

Primary: Fl11 + Lsdj
Cutie Mark: None

Next

Return to Announcements