Poni To The People: Rarity's Charity

Current events we're participating in.

Poni To The People: Rarity's Charity

Postby Smartmax » 24 Apr 2014 01:47

Poni To The People (yes the spelling is deliberate) is a brony charity initiative made to spread love and tolerance all over the world (that was cheesy to write). The idea is to compile music into an album, and all proceeds go to a certain charity.

The first album is going to be called Rarity's Charity and all proceeds will go to charity: water.
For those who don't know what charity: water is, This is from their website.

charity: water is a non-profit organization bringing clean, safe drinking water to people in developing
countries. We use 100% of public donations to directly fund sustainable water solutions in areas of
greatest need.
Right now, 800 million people on the planet don’t have access to clean and safe drinking water.
That’s one in nine of us.
Unsafe water and lack of basic sanitation cause 80% of diseases and kill more people every year
than all forms of violence, including war. Children are especially vulnerable, as their bodies aren’t
strong enough to fight diarrhea, dysentery and other illnesses.

Though it is called Rarity's Charity, the submissions don't have to have a Rarity theme, or any theme at all!

When submitting, follow this format:
(attach file to the message)
Name to credit to
Name of the song
Genre
Message to go embedded in the track/lyrics
Anything else we should know

Submissions are open until 12:00 on the 24th (or 25th if you live in the Southern Hemisphere) of October. after that we will take a to judge, compile, and put the icing on the cake with a surprise thing! Then it'll go live for the world to buy.

Submit to [email protected], we accept .wav, .aif or .flac files

Have fun!
Smartmax

Primary: FL Studio 11
Cutie Mark: FIERY VOLCANO AND WAVES

Re: Poni To The People: Rarity's Charity

Postby PrankStar & RoseMary » 24 Apr 2014 06:08

I'll probably pull something together, but shouldn't this go in "Contests Challenges and Events"?
PrankStar & RoseMary

Primary: FL Studio 9
Cutie Mark: Drums Set

Postby GuitarBrony13 » 24 Apr 2014 10:07

is there a due date for the album cus I may do something
GuitarBrony13

Primary: Cockos Reaper
Cutie Mark: Pop punk

Postby Vinyl-Love » 24 Apr 2014 10:48

GuitarBrony13 wrote:is there a due date for the album cus I may do something

The due date is October 24 ( or 25 in Southern Hemisphere).
Vinyl-Love

Primary: FL
Cutie Mark: Blank flank

Postby Freewave » 24 Apr 2014 11:09

I'll be honest this event is a bit lacking in all directions. It's a first time poster, with no musical connections or event planning (?), and with no apparent criteria for the album other than "make good music". It doesn't seem that much thought was put into it and I'm very concerned that it's kind of designed to fail.

Part of being a mod on here is just to poke such efforts to see if they hold up or fall completely apart under any scrutiny (so please do not be offended). It benefits no one to have a thread for something that's doomed to fail. I will say I highly encourage the op to look through this before going any further and they will also need to spend time on mlr to see if there's interest, if there's questions, and to have our continued support. Please do not register, open a thread, leave, and hope that people will build you a successful community album. It doesn't work that way.

I am moving this to the event section but also expect the op to respond to my comments (and my link which will have a lot more questions) so we can see how they plan on running this event successfully.
Links for my music: YouTube, Bandcamp, and Tumblr
Check out the Brony Music Directory and FimMusic. A portal for all pony music
Support the 20+ Musician Maressey Project currently underway.
Freewave

Primary: Fl Studio 10
Cutie Mark: X$X

Postby Smartmax » 24 Apr 2014 14:12

Freewave wrote:I'll be honest this event is a bit lacking in all directions. It's a first time poster, with no musical connections or event planning (?), and with no apparent criteria for the album other than "make good music". It doesn't seem that much thought was put into it and I'm very concerned that it's kind of designed to fail.

Part of being a mod on here is just to poke such efforts to see if they hold up or fall completely apart under any scrutiny (so please do not be offended). It benefits no one to have a thread for something that's doomed to fail. I will say I highly encourage the op to look through this before going any further and they will also need to spend time on mlr to see if there's interest, if there's questions, and to have our continued support. Please do not register, open a thread, leave, and hope that people will build you a successful community album. It doesn't work that way.

I am moving this to the event section but also expect the op to respond to my comments (and my link which will have a lot more questions) so we can see how they plan on running this event successfully.

I am now aware that this is underplanned and needs more work so, would it be possible to delete this thread. At a later date, i'll repost it and see where it goes from there. Sorry for wasting your time.
Smartmax

Primary: FL Studio 11
Cutie Mark: FIERY VOLCANO AND WAVES

Postby ExoBassTix » 24 Apr 2014 15:26

It's not time wasted if you learn something ;)
Collecting dust...

Dieselminded drifter dodging delirium in daunting dreamscapes.
ExoBassTix

Primary: FL Studio 20
Cutie Mark: a crystal waterphone

Re: Poni To The People: Rarity's Charity (postponed)

Postby Freewave » 24 Apr 2014 17:04

ExoBassTix wrote:It's not time wasted if you learn something ;)

Agreed.

Will lock it for meantime and let it drop.
Links for my music: YouTube, Bandcamp, and Tumblr
Check out the Brony Music Directory and FimMusic. A portal for all pony music
Support the 20+ Musician Maressey Project currently underway.
Freewave

Primary: Fl Studio 10
Cutie Mark: X$X

Return to Challenges, Contests, and Events