SEASON 1 POLKA (I want a singer/-s and instruments)

Do you have a project proposal that should involve music? Looking for collaborations? See if the community would like to help you.
Forum rules
Please be respectful towards musicians who are contemplating whether to help you or not.

SEASON 1 POLKA (I want a singer/-s and instruments)

Postby FLAOFEI » 23 Feb 2014 20:24

Season 1 polka is my latest and greatest project... ok maybe not greatest, but it's big.

The idea is a polka medley of every song in MLP:FiM, chronologically ordered.
To make it more manageable I have divided it into seasons, and I have season 1 pretty much done.
Since it's what I'm used to I'm starting with synths just to get a feel for the sound, but the goal is having it fully acoustic. However, if I don't get anyone willing to participate I'll just go with it as it is.

I don't have any exact plans on stuff on what is needed, so depending on who wants to participate stuff can be changed to fit skill level, note range, artistic opinion... But here is the rough outling

Lead singer: Male or female doesn't matter, we can have more than one. Gotta sing happily, other than that, anyone is welcome. Edit: And pretty fast to.
Backup voice/-s: Some deep voice/-s, I could do that myself, but welcome if you have a deep voice.

Instruments wanted at the moment are:
Spoiler Thing stuffs:
Accordion
Tuba (not necessary, but it would be real cool)
Some higher brass instrument, trumpet, french horn, sax, idk much difference honestly
Flute
But if you play another instrument you feel is polka worthy, like banjo, ukulele or something, plz post

Other instruments that are already accounted for are:
Spoiler Stuff things:
Drum kit, played by me
Vibraphone, glockenspiel, marimba, xylophone, played by me
Bass guitar, played by Jokeblue
Mandolin, played by Jokeblue
Silly sounds, jaw harp, that kinda stuff, me (but if you got something fun, plz share :3 )

Requirements on recording quality aren't to high, but I want at least a decent mic.

So, anyone up for a huge project that may or may not ever get finished?

EDIT: and I guess I should put this here: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/bklz30b5cczfctr/Season%201%20medly%20wip.wav?dl
Last edited by FLAOFEI on 25 Feb 2014 22:06, edited 2 times in total.
)>-<)))^*> Sharkpon4srs
https://soundcloud.com/flaofei/brothel-king
Rainbow Dash lives on SOUNDCLOUD; Big Mac posts on Eeyyuptube; Twilight is a BOOKfACE; Octavia went to BandCamp! And Derpy has bad balance, you could say she TUMBLrING
ImageOMG POLKA PLOT!!! BEST ALBUM IN THE HISTORY OF POLKACORE!!!
FLAOFEI

Primary: Fruit Loops 10
Cutie Mark: POLKA PLOT

Re: SEASON 1 POLKA (I want a singer/-s and instruments)

Postby FritzyBeat » 25 Feb 2014 06:52

Polka? POLKA!?!? 8D

DUDE! I would totally be up for providing some vocals for this! =D
I tend to voice act comedy characters a lot, so I can sing pretty crazy happy when I want to XP The only thing I can't do is low voices (unless you want Dr. Claw singing Raise this Barn), I am a smidge higher then a tenor in my vocal range, so I sing pretty high :3

So yeah, let me know if you think my voice would work for the project =) If not, then I wish you luck in finding some people that DO work ;D

Can't wait to see how this turns out!~

~Fritzy
My Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCybhzNv4lLfKc1gQ09Cqx6g
If any of you guys are looking for a singer (or an occasional songwriter) then feel free to hit me up, I'm always happy to join in a collaboration =)
FritzyBeat

Primary: GarageBand
Cutie Mark: Muffins!

Postby FLAOFEI » 25 Feb 2014 22:05

I'm gonna go ahead and say omg! UR VOICE :O I like your voice and think it's awesome, I am not worthy, but I shouldn't tell you that, cause then you might not wanna work with me...

Anyway, your voice is great. One thing that may be a problem though, I notice you don't sing particularly fast, and I did make it pretty fast. Can you sing fast? I could change the fastest parts a bit if it's to much (expecting the cupcakes song is way to fast :I )

So since it's kinda done, here's the instrumental concept:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/bklz30b5cczfctr/Season%201%20medly%20wip.wav?dl
)>-<)))^*> Sharkpon4srs
Rainbow Dash lives on SOUNDCLOUD; Big Mac posts on Eeyyuptube; Twilight is a BOOKfACE; Octavia went to BandCamp! And Derpy has bad balance, you could say she TUMBLrING
FLAOFEI

Postby FritzyBeat » 25 Feb 2014 22:57

FLAOFEI wrote:I'm gonna go ahead and say omg! UR VOICE :O I like your voice and think it's awesome, I am not worthy, but I shouldn't tell you that, cause then you might not wanna work with me...

Anyway, your voice is great. One thing that may be a problem though, I notice you don't sing particularly fast, and I did make it pretty fast. Can you sing fast? I could change the fastest parts a bit if it's to much (expecting the cupcakes song is way to fast :I )

So since it's kinda done, here's the instrumental concept:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/bklz30b5cczfctr/Season%201%20medly%20wip.wav?dl

XDXDXD

Thank you so much for the high praise, I really appreciate it =)

Fast you ask? Well, I can sing decently fast, I guess I haven't really recorded any of that though =P Here is me rapping sorta fast if you want an example:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/173475035/Vinyl%20Scratch!%20FritzyBeat%20cover%20(ft.%20Clavi%20and%20TGSM).mp3

Its not really singing (well, unless rapping counts as singing :3), but I can still sing a bit faster then this without stumbling over my own words XP
I can try and record something next week if you like as an example, but I have never had too much trouble with singing fast :3

I'll listen to that instrumental concept right away :3 And again, thank you so much for the compliments on my voice, they really mean a lot to me X3

EDIT: Just listened through the Instrumental Midi...... and oh, my, gosh.
I think I'm going to cry tears of joy :'D You sir, are gold XP I can't wait to hear it finished!

~Fritzy
If any of you guys are looking for a singer (or an occasional songwriter) then feel free to hit me up, I'm always happy to join in a collaboration =)
FritzyBeat

Postby Kenny Tweek » 02 Mar 2014 11:44

I'm so in!
I was wanting to do a polka song a long time ago! xD
So, well, I sing, play guitar (don't know if it's needed, but I have electric and acoustic) and I guess I can learn how to play flute this month. :3
You can check my Soundcloud for some vocal exemples and stuff, 'cause my Youtube only have one song, which i'm remastering and re-recording...
Oh, and I can sing fast. :v
Last edited by Kenny Tweek on 03 Mar 2014 22:02, edited 1 time in total.
Tell me, what's that thing called "talent"? Do you really think you born with it? Or do you think you learn it with time and dedication?

So yeah, me around the internet.

Youtube (Brony)
Facebook
Soundcloud
Kenny Tweek

Primary: FL Studio
Cutie Mark: Guitar and Vocals

Postby FLAOFEI » 03 Mar 2014 17:48

@Kenny, thanx, but no thanx. Partially for recording quality, partially because I don't think your voice is the best for the project, which in turn is partially because of your skill level, and partially because of your accent. I might send you a message later though if there is need of some chants or something like that. As for guitar, I don't think it is needed :/
Thanx for the enthusiasm though.
)>-<)))^*> Sharkpon4srs
FLAOFEI

Postby Kenny Tweek » 03 Mar 2014 21:53

I actually can do a lot of voices and record them better, but that's ok. Who would like to collab with someone who's learning, anyway? I'll start to handle my own projects before throwing myself in other people projects...
Thanks for answer and honesty btw, that's something most people seems to forget.
Tell me, what's that thing called "talent"? Do you really think you born with it? Or do you think you learn it with time and dedication?

So yeah, me around the internet.

Youtube (Brony)
Facebook
Soundcloud
Kenny Tweek

Primary: FL Studio
Cutie Mark: Guitar and Vocals

Postby Viricide Filly » 07 Mar 2014 05:11

I HAVE A BANJO THAT I CAN SORT OF PLAY BUT NOT REALLY :3
I can also fart into the microphone and resynthesise it but I don't think this is the time for that.
We breakfast is e

House. Glitch Hop. IDM. Breakbeat. Chillout. Footwork. Lo-fi. Vaporwave. Noise. These are some of the genres I like to completely ruin.
Viricide Filly

Primary: Hula Hoops
Cutie Mark: electric!1!11!

Postby AyaneFukumi » 18 Mar 2014 10:13

I have an accordion. I can't play it tho QAQ I'll try to learn
https://soundcloud.com/ayane-fukumi/santisima-virgen-maria-hardtek-for-dummies-ayane-fukumis-sick-as-balls-remix

Hey doctor I think I might be a homosexual
How can you tell?
RRAAIINBOOWS

Suiseiseki is best desu
AyaneFukumi

Primary: FL 10/11
Cutie Mark: Blank flank

Postby FritzyBeat » 16 Apr 2014 03:21

*bump*

Just wondering how this project has been coming along :3 Having any luck finding some more instrumentalists to help you out Flaofei?
FritzyBeat

Postby FLAOFEI » 16 Apr 2014 17:50

I: not much luck, no... Concidering keeping it all digital... I'll give it some more time though.

Anyway, I figure we should get a bit of a move on so I'll send you the lyrics and stuff I had in mind, and the audio so far.
)>-<)))^*> Sharkpon4srs
FLAOFEI

Postby Evdog » 17 Apr 2014 08:24

I'm up to do vocals. I can try to sound like Weird Al if you like.
[YOUTUBE], [SOUNDCLOUD], [FACEBOOK], [EVDOGMUSIC.COM]
Multigenre singer, Multigenre songwriter, Multigenre producer & Multi-instrumentalist
Evdog

Primary: Presonus Studio One
Cutie Mark: (is a Diamond Dog)

Postby FritzyBeat » 17 Apr 2014 21:22

FLAOFEI wrote:I: not much luck, no... Concidering keeping it all digital... I'll give it some more time though.

Anyway, I figure we should get a bit of a move on so I'll send you the lyrics and stuff I had in mind, and the audio so far.

Alrighty, I'll look forward to getting those :3

Also, if it comes down to it, I could always ask a few musician friends to try and help out with the instruments. Who knows, maybe one or two of them are into polka! 8D *shot*
FritzyBeat

Return to Pony Fan Project Recruitment