My Little Karaoke - Reviving a call for help

Do you have a project proposal that should involve music? Looking for collaborations? See if the community would like to help you.
Forum rules
Please be respectful towards musicians who are contemplating whether to help you or not.

My Little Karaoke - Reviving a call for help

Postby Renard » 05 Feb 2014 09:06

Hi there!

Been a while since my old topic. I'm reviving a call for help - we need more songmakers in the MyLittleKaraoke team, due to this fandom being way too productive for us to keep up while trying to hold on the little sanity we still have left.

Anyone wanna help build more song files? It's quite easy, especially if you're familiar with basic midi editing and can get pitches right.
not the guy from lapfox trax.
Renard

Re: My Little Karaoke - Reviving a call for help

Postby Freewave » 05 Feb 2014 09:55

Sorry I'm not familiar with this project and also can't check out that website from work. What is it you're actually doing there? Recreating karaoke cover versions of existing show songs or needing clean instrumentals ripped from the show? It just seems both of those activities are already being covered individually by the community...
Links for my music: YouTube, Bandcamp, and Tumblr
Check out the Brony Music Directory and FimMusic. A portal for all pony music
Support the 20+ Musician Maressey Project currently underway.
Freewave

Primary: Fl Studio 10
Cutie Mark: X$X

Postby Renard » 12 Feb 2014 15:49

It's a rhythm game, similar to Singstar. We're building song packs for a karaoke engine (Ultrastar) the same way people build stepfiles for Stepmania, basically.

Image Image Image

This essentially requires better timing than your regular karaoke, as well as adjusting vocal pitches properly. In essence, lyrics are cut into syllables (or less), which then have to be precisely synchronised to the music track and with their correct pitch in order to be playable and enjoyable. Specific tools to edit the USDX format exist, such as Ultrastar Creator, YASS, or Composer.

As you know, there are a lot of pony tracks out there - hence I'm looking for more contributors, even if that's for only a couple of songs. ;)
not the guy from lapfox trax.
Renard

Postby TheJournalisticBrony » 16 Feb 2014 22:37

I can't export into the track you'd like, but I could help out if needed. I know how to do Winter Wrap Up, if that is a benefit. It all depends on what tracks you need and so forth. There are some songs I can learn by ear, but some songs are so complicated I'd rather not attempt them.
TheJournalisticBrony

Primary: Soundtrack Pro 7, Fl Studio, and soon Cubase
Cutie Mark: Blank flank

Postby MG Music » 27 Apr 2014 09:58

it would be more interesting TBH if u actually used remixes of show songs that are made by the fandom musicians
MG Music

Primary: Synth: FL Studio
Cutie Mark: EDM

Return to Pony Fan Project Recruitment