Anyone Interested in a Collaboration?

Do you have a project proposal that should involve music? Looking for collaborations? See if the community would like to help you.
Forum rules
Please be respectful towards musicians who are contemplating whether to help you or not.

Anyone Interested in a Collaboration?

Postby MG Music » 19 Nov 2013 12:14

Hey if anyone is interested in Collabing on a song or something let me know in kinda bored of just making songs by myself and want to work with some more people
So if your interested
Let me know

Leave a reply

Add me on Skype
mster1864.

Email me
[email protected]

Hope to hear from someone!
MG Music

Primary: Synth: FL Studio
Cutie Mark: EDM

Re: Anyone Interested in a Collaboration?

Postby ClaviSound » 19 Nov 2013 19:22

Well, what do you do? Embed/link some examples of your work, what you specialize in, what's your comfort zone and what you want to branch out into, what you consider your strengths and weaknesses, where you come from, and where you're going. Don't just leave us (read: me) hanging here; collaborations are fun, but at the risk of sounding elitist (I'm trying really hard not to do so), how am I supposed to know what makes you unique?
aka Scott Hopkins aka Swerve Keystyle aka Equestrian Threat: https://www.youtube.com/c/EquestrianThreat

I can't type cursive, so I don't know what's supposed to go in my signature.

Don't quote me.
ClaviSound

Primary: Audacity cuz sweg, Ableton
Cutie Mark: N/A

Postby MG Music » 19 Nov 2013 21:17

Ok
Well here is most recent work that I've accomplished with all the things I've learned these past few months making music

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gA1rYNjv2_k

I really have no clear cut idea what I specialize in but I do prefer the electronic music genre

My comfort zone is mainly sticking to what I know (but that won't get me anywhere) so I am ready to branch out to any opportunity, genre, whatever it is to better myself and show some diversity in my music.

My strengths are fast learning. musically: mostly rhythms and small melodies and transitions my weakness are composing intricate and advanced melodies

Mainly I come from a personally hard life but I wanna make it better for myself
Musically I've been in chorus my whole life picked up a little music theory and that's about it

I want to push my self to the limit musically so I can be the best I can be I don't care about farm or fortune or none of that frap I just wanna do it for the sole purpose of bettering myself for the enjoyment of the fandom

Also if u were wondering a short term goal would be able to play at a convention so I can get the experience to be able to possibly make a carrier out of this like at bowling alleys or skating ranks or stuff like that to help support my family and someday myself for college and stuff like that
MG Music

Postby JSynth » 20 Nov 2013 16:28

Another thing that helps is letting us know what DAW and Plugins you use.
https://soundcloud.com/jasper-synth/back-at-me
Jokeblue wrote:You fool. You've doomed the Spam thread to yet another, inevitable :3 spam.

My Tumblr
My YouTube
My SoundCloud

DAW: Logic Pro 9
Plugins: Sylenth, Sausage Fattener, Komplete 9, NI The Mouth, Ozone 5, Bitspeek
JSynth

Primary: Logic 9
Cutie Mark: yo face

Postby MG Music » 20 Nov 2013 16:51

Ok well I use
FL Studio
And my favorite synths is Harmor and Harmless and Sytrus
3xOSC is a good bass and I prefer Groove Kick 11 I believe for my kicks
Anything else u guys wanna know
MG Music

Postby ClaviSound » 20 Nov 2013 17:18

Not bad for a first effort on the composition tip. Coming from ears untrained and inexperienced in electronic music, I think you need to experiment with stuff that fills the gap between notes (whether that be complementing rhythms by other instruments, or just effects like echo/reverb/what have you) and keep a close eye on your mixing levels, because they are getting a little too loud at points and it is in fact clipping.

MGDerpyHooves wrote:My comfort zone is mainly sticking to what I know (but that won't get me anywhere) so I am ready to branch out to any opportunity, genre, whatever it is to better myself and show some diversity in my music.

Well, when I said comfort zone, I meant more genre/subgenre. You say you're most well-versed in electronic music; what kind of electronic music do you find most fun or easy to compose in? Complextro? House? What subgenres of music have you already made? etc. etc. And by branching out, I meant is there any part of music that you look at and say, "I want to learn how to make music like that"?

Of course, we all want to get better musically (I hope). Art's more fun if we improve, no? So if you want to collaborate, what do you hope to learn by doing so?

As a somewhat related note to a few things you discussed in your previous post, I hope you're clear on the fact that the path of music is not easy. You're going to have to learn from a lot of people, people who aren't necessarily there to teach but teach you something anyway, and while some may be nice and forgiving, others can (and in some cases will) crush you to pebbles. It's up to you whether you're strong enough to pull yourself up for all you're worth when the rope slackens, or let go and fall into the lava when it grows taut.
aka Scott Hopkins aka Swerve Keystyle aka Equestrian Threat: https://www.youtube.com/c/EquestrianThreat

Don't quote me.
ClaviSound

Postby MG Music » 20 Nov 2013 17:36

K well I have experimented with a bunch of different genres and am more acquired to a housey style
but still verge to techno and other electronic style music

Also I look to expand to the type of music that woodentoaster prefers

Also like I said I'm open To any genre cuz it will only better myself

So thats about all I can answer and I guess if u have any more questions I'd be more than happy to answer them

Also if you would like to collab sometime just let me know soon cuz I will be starting work on my next album in the near future and want to try and get some collabs set up so I'm not meaning to be pushy or halt ur approach but I would like to know if you would be jnterested or not as soon as possible if u will
MG Music

Postby ClaviSound » 20 Nov 2013 17:49

Hey, feel free to hit me up on YouTube if you want to collab with me and I'll see if we can't work something out. I write and perform rap with a little bit of singing on the side, and I'm almost always okay with dropping a verse or three if you want, with the caveat of my words and advice being given a little weight during the music process. I do reserve the right to turn down offers, though, and I might be a little harsh on a couple of points on music direction, but as they say, nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Don't quote me.
ClaviSound

Postby MG Music » 20 Nov 2013 17:53

Thanks man I appreciate your criticism any time in the future if u got anything to say let me know criticism good or bad can only make my music better so with that I will try to get in contact with you on YouTube once I find out what I want for this next album
For this next album I wanna take some risks and do some newer genres so having a rapper might just do it so expect a message from me in the near future

Once again I appreciate all the help and advice so I will be sure to take it to heart and apply myself with it
MG Music

Postby TheAngryNephilim » 24 Nov 2013 21:21

Hardstyle Collab? yes? no? maybe so?
http://www.youtube.com/user/TheAngryNephilim
https://soundcloud.com/theangrynephilim
-DAW: FL Studio 11
-Fav VST: reFX Nexus, Twisted Energy, Sytrus, 3xOsc
"When the music is gone let your heart be the drum."
SKype Contact: kailas_hearn
TheAngryNephilim

Primary: Fl Studio
Cutie Mark: Kick Waveform

Postby MG Music » 30 Nov 2013 00:55

TheAngryNephilim wrote:Hardstyle Collab? yes? no? maybe so?

Like I said previously

MGDerpyHooves wrote:I am open to any genre and am always ready to try something new...
MG Music

Postby Kenny Tweek » 05 Feb 2014 04:59

Actually, i'm very, very, VERY interested in a collab... I just have to finish my new (and first) song, so I can work on any song. :3
Tell me, what's that thing called "talent"? Do you really think you born with it? Or do you think you learn it with time and dedication?

So yeah, me around the internet.

Youtube (Brony)
Facebook
Soundcloud
Kenny Tweek

Primary: FL Studio
Cutie Mark: Guitar and Vocals

Return to Pony Fan Project Recruitment