Composer Needed

Do you have a project proposal that should involve music? Looking for collaborations? See if the community would like to help you.
Forum rules
Please be respectful towards musicians who are contemplating whether to help you or not.

Composer Needed

Postby PENG-1 » 01 Feb 2014 16:12

Me and a few friends are entering a short film into a film contest. I volunteered to help find some one to compose music for the entry. Since, I have barely any expierience (just started composing about a month back and none of the music is that good at the moment), I need some one to compose music for the film. Any genre is appreciated although it has to be somewhat atmospheric, so if you want to help please PM me.
Some penguin obsessed idiot with FL Studio.
PENG-1

Primary: Abelton/Fl Studio
Cutie Mark: Blank Flank

Re: Composer Needed

Postby CitricAcid » 01 Feb 2014 16:38

A few questions: What is the film contest? What is the film about? Is the film completed or still in production? How long is it? Are you paying?

I do film scoring, and the answers to the above questions will help me determine if I am interested or not.
Image Image Image
CitricAcid

Primary: Cubase
Cutie Mark: Music scroll

Postby Injustrial » 01 Feb 2014 16:44

I'm usually game for a challenge, but orchestral stuff isn't my thing. If you want a "boss battle" style electronic track, I could try whipping something up, though.

Link to my channel for reference: http://www.youtube.com/user/Afalahs

Also: Repeating the questions from CitricAcid
Injustrial

Primary: FL Studio
Cutie Mark: Sh*t on Fire

Postby PENG-1 » 01 Feb 2014 18:51

What I can tell you at the moment: Very impressed by the two of you.
its a student film festival Film submission date Feb. 28, March 3 is the stretch (we are doing filming tonight).
It's going to be around 7-8 minutes in length. I do have few others that are planning to help (links to the two in the bottom) in the composing process and its nonprofit. If you two are still interested, I will ask my director to send in more information about the film.
PENG-1

Postby CitricAcid » 01 Feb 2014 19:29

That's a pretty tight schedule. Editing a 7-8 minute film is likely to take several weeks, which won't leave much time for post production, i.e. music. If you're going to ask a composer to crank out a 7-minute score in a week--which is my rough estimate of the amount of time you'll have left after editing--you should expect to compensate them for their time. By the sound of things, though, it looks like you are wrangling several composers to write music for different parts of the movie. How do you plan to manage their collaboration to generate a cohesive score?
Image Image Image
CitricAcid

Primary: Cubase
Cutie Mark: Music scroll

Postby Injustrial » 01 Feb 2014 21:34

I am not going to be able to make much in that timeframe, i'm afraid. At least not much I would be proud of. I do have some unfinished projects I could reopen and see what's usable. But I'm going to need as much info as possible, as quickly as possible
Injustrial

Primary: FL Studio
Cutie Mark: Sh*t on Fire

Postby CaptainFluffatun » 01 Feb 2014 21:48

Yo, I'd be down. Here's a sample, though I would probably be scaling down for the film (something less "epic"): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uyiaDsnyu0g

If you're interested in having me, please send me more information on the film.
CaptainFluffatun

Primary: Cubase 5
Cutie Mark: Orchestral

Postby PENG-1 » 02 Feb 2014 15:39

Found a couple composers through friends, thanks for your help, but I am going to do it with a couple of friends. I am honestly not ready for this big of a collaboration and I feel that I need some more time for my music to develop before I approach any of you again. Thanks again and goodbye.
PENG-1

Return to Pony Fan Project Recruitment