Want to make Video Game Music?

Current events we're participating in.

Want to make Video Game Music?

Postby AppleJared » 19 Nov 2013 22:35

First of all, I'm not 100% that this is in the right sub-forum. If it's not, admins: feel free to move it where necessary.

Now that that's over with, let me introduce myself. I'm AppleJared (or AJ) and I'm in charge of music for a brand new indie gaming company called SharkBird Studios. I am the head composer and producer. I've been a brony for some time now and I know how good some of you guys are at music so I wanted to open this up here before I went somewhere else. I'd like to help a brony or two get their music in our video game. :grin:

Proof of who I am: https://soundcloud.com/jared-savage-day

Now to clear one thing up: this isn't an MLP game due to several facts that are not limited to copyright issues and limited audience. I can't say much about the game right now but I can say that it's going to be awesome and I am also working with the guys on a story line right now.

Anyways...

In short, I'm offering an assistant position to no more than 2 composers/producers from here. I'm looking for all-rounders who can work with basically any kind of genre but specialize is dubstep and film-type composition. I'm stressing the fact that most of what we will do for Feel free to leave some of your best work as well as a brief description of yourself and your specialties.

This project will require a good bit of time and devotion on your side and I'll need to be sure you can put several hours a week into this. I prefer you to have FL Studio but if you can work around the difference in DAW, you're still very much welcome to audition.

I already have a small music team of 2 producers under me right now, I just want to add a bit more flavor to the team right now. We usually communicate through Skype and we use DropBox for transfers. If you make the team, I can promise we will have a great time doing this. Deadlines are kept to a minimum to stress quality over quantity, and you'll never hear me screaming or raging because you couldn't finish a song. We're here to make great music and have fun.

As for money, there is a 100% chance you won't be paid anytime soon. However, depending on how well you contribute and how well our first game sells, you might get a small lump sum in the future. But I must warn you that THERE IS NO PROMISE FOR MONEY. That being said, if we make a couple bucks, you might see some of that as well. What I CAN promise, however, is that you will see your name in the credits and we will provide a link to your work in the game.

If any of this interests you, feel free to contact me by putting your audition information here and then giving me an email at ([email protected]). Once again, if you are interested, list your:
DAW
Playable Instruments
Recording Equipment
Years of experience
and at least one (or more) example of your work.

I can't stress the fact that while this is a bunch of fun, this is also a very serious endeavor. If you make it on here, you will be making legitimate video game music. Good Luck! :wink:
AppleJared

Primary: FL Studio 11 Producers Ed.

Re: Want to make Video Game Music?

Postby penguindf12 » 20 Nov 2013 01:02

Howdy, I'm interested.

My DAWs are Reason, Famitracker, Finale, ProTools, and Reaper. I've used FL Studio many times before though and could easily re-install it.
I can play bass guitar (Rickenbacker 2003), guitar (Stratocaster), drum set, keyboards (including an Alesis Micron), and sing (including harmonies). I own all these instruments.
I have three microphones (2 SM-57s and an AKG Perception 220) and a ProTools inbox.
I have been recording and producing for 9 years. I have a degree in Music Composition from the University of Oklahoma with an emphasis in Music Technology, and I've presented works in Europe before (electroacoustic music).

Here's a few samples of my work.

A film soundtrack-ish short piece I wrote, performed by the OU orchestra:
http://soundcloud.com/themosteverco/40-measures

This remix war entry is probably the closest I ever got to dubstep, but I'm familiar with the genre:

Lastly a piece I wrote for a different video game project (one that sadly never came to fruition):
http://soundcloud.com/themosteverco/level-one-1

Probably the main "soft spot" in my resume is that I don't do much dubstep, but I'd love to try my hand at it. Thanks for your time!
penguindf12

Postby the4thImpulse » 20 Nov 2013 11:08

DAW: Ableton

Playable Instruments: Moog Little Phatty, Korg MS2000. I'm a synth guy, I do most of my sequencing through midi but that's the hardware I could 'play'.

Recording Equipment: Focusrite Scarlett 18i6, Yamaha MSP5 studio monitors, A pair of old name 4-ways from the 80's (I refoamed the woofer, re-soldered many of the connections)

Years of experience: ~5, I'm a certified and practicing audio engineer. I often make house types of music but I do have a couple of good songs that would be well suited for video games.

Here is an example of a more video gamey sound, if you like it you can have it.
https://soundcloud.com/the4thimpulse/super8

If you don't mind what sort of video game is this? What are the themes? Who's the target audience?

This is my studio, if you care to see what I'm working with
the4thImpulse

Primary: Ableton Live 8
Cutie Mark: Blank flank

Postby MG Music » 20 Nov 2013 14:56

DAW: FL Studio

Playable instruments is mainly the keyboard I can come up with pretty decent melodies

Recording equipment I have two microphones 1 is a Konami USB microphone and the second is a Sentry headset microphone

I have only been composing music for seven months now almost a year but I'm very able to learn new techniques and am very able to do whatever it takes to better myself I am an insanely hardworking person.

Here is my best work to date:
Https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gA1rYNjv2_k
If you must know there is some slight digital clipping but I've learned how to prevent that since it was discovered in this song

I also had a song that many people have said sounded like an old school 8bit battle theme so I uploaded it to my second channel here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lohCETUhD5U

Other than that I may not have the years of experience but I believe I have the talent and the knoweledge of my past mistakes to be very helpful in this project as for Dubstep I understand the genre but am not quite comfortable with bass drops with the crazy breakdowns dubstep has that would be my main weakness but I am ready to learn anything to learn something new to better myself and expand my horizons

Other than that I hope for the opprotunity for this position if not hope the project goes well!

Whoops I forgot to add this

If you need to contact me you can on

Email: [email protected]
Last edited by MG Music on 21 Nov 2013 11:00, edited 4 times in total.
MG Music

Primary: Synth: FL Studio
Cutie Mark: EDM

Postby JSynth » 20 Nov 2013 20:47

If any of this interests you, feel free to contact me by putting your audition information here and then giving me an email at ([email protected]). Once again, if you are interested, list your:

DAW: Logic Pro 9

Playable Instruments: Guitar and Bass are probably my best. I can do a little piano and a tiny amount of ukulele

Recording Equipment: Currently I have a M-Audio Mobile Pre and a Blue Spark condenser mic.

Years of experience: I have been working in production for a year now and I first started composing three years before that.

Composition wise, this is probably one of my best. The production isn't great because I made it a few years ago.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cK5l7s855H8

Here is something more recent that I did (video quality isn't the greatest):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8VjOWbAWRKc

email: [email protected]

I am releasing an album on Saturday, so maybe I will update my post here and include a track or two from that.
https://soundcloud.com/jasper-synth/back-at-me
Jokeblue wrote:You fool. You've doomed the Spam thread to yet another, inevitable :3 spam.

My Tumblr
My YouTube
My SoundCloud

Plugins: Sylenth, Sausage Fattener, Komplete 9, NI The Mouth, Ozone 5, Bitspeek
JSynth

Primary: Logic 9
Cutie Mark: yo face

Postby Mr. Bigglesworth » 21 Nov 2013 03:02

DAW: FL Studio 11
Playable Instruments: None, but I'm in close contact with 2 people with strong performance music and recording backgrounds such as Bass Guitar, lead Guitar and drums. I could easily call in a favor if need be.
Recording Equipment: Personal - Mbox 2, and I have access to a recording studio.
Years of experience: 2 and a bit

I'm gonna try demonstrate a bit of a range here, so forgive me if I link a little much.
A private track on soundcloud.
A recent Dance remix I did
me trying to be deep
Me trying to be deep part 2
A dubstep.

I can be contacted through my Skype (which is in my signature) or via my Email which is
[email protected]
I'm not here anymore, but if you want you can still just call me Mr. BigBagelBoggle!

Sound
Face
You
Mr. Bigglesworth

Primary: FL Studio
Cutie Mark: My own ass

Postby AppleJared » 24 Nov 2013 15:06

I'd like to thank everyone who posted here already for your time and effort given, as well as your patience. If you have not received an email from me, I'm afraid I won't be needing your services for this next project. I wish I could have all of us work together but sadly there's only so many spots open right now. In the future I will remember who posted here and will ask you again if any spots open up. Thank you again.

--AJ
AppleJared

Postby JSynth » 25 Nov 2013 19:26

It's real nice to see an opportunity like this show up here. Even if I didn't make it.
https://soundcloud.com/jasper-synth/back-at-me
Jokeblue wrote:You fool. You've doomed the Spam thread to yet another, inevitable :3 spam.

My Tumblr
My YouTube
My SoundCloud

Plugins: Sylenth, Sausage Fattener, Komplete 9, NI The Mouth, Ozone 5, Bitspeek
JSynth

Primary: Logic 9
Cutie Mark: yo face

Postby Conduit » 25 Nov 2013 21:03

DAW: Logic
Playable Instruments: Cello, Guitar, Piano, Software synths
Years of experience: ~2. I plan on have a career working either as a composer or a audio engineer.
Software:
Kontakt w/ many professional libraries
Massive
FM8
Absynth
Guitar Rig
Melodyne
Maschine

Pictures of my studio:
I also have a ART M-Two condenser mic that is not pictured.

Demos:
Orchestral / Emotional:
https://soundcloud.com/flatflish/a-warm-past
Hybrid Orchestral / Dubstep WIP:
https://dl-web.dropbox.com/get/Public/Trailer%20Build%20Up.mp3?w=AAD0nYJEdGYMaNWIbYI4iw0M24k4J8BGd4MerAF7oOpQ0A
https://soundcloud.com/flatflish/a-warm-past

DAW: Logic 9
Vst's: Absynth, Battery, FM8, Guitar Rig, Kontakt, Massive, Maschine
Real Instruments: Acoustic/Electric Guitar, Cello, Piano

YoutubeSoundcloudTutors ThreadSkype: FlatflishImage
Conduit

Primary: Logic Pro 9
Cutie Mark: Strings

Postby MG Music » 26 Nov 2013 12:50

Really any opportunity is nice just to get out theree and let people know
" hey im interested, I'm a hard worker, I'm ready for anything the world throws at me." So at least we have a contact in doing this through you applejared thanks
MG Music

New Offer

Postby AppleJared » 26 Nov 2013 15:57

For those still around, I'd like to offer one more thing for you guys. I have some higher-up friends that might need some music done for different media projects. There is also the rare occasion that I get a request to do music and I just don't have the time to do it. With those, I'd like to have a couple guys I can send their way instead of just turning them down. If you would like to be one of those people, go ahead and add me to your friend's list and I'll contact you if such an occasion ever arises. I'll do what I can to help a couple of bronies get their music out.

--AJ
AppleJared

Postby AppleJared » 26 Nov 2013 15:58

MGDerpyHooves wrote:Really any opportunity is nice just to get out theree and let people know
" hey im interested, I'm a hard worker, I'm ready for anything the world throws at me." So at least we have a contact in doing this through you applejared thanks

No problem man. See my above post and add me if you want.
AppleJared

Postby MG Music » 30 Nov 2013 01:38

All right man I'm cool with that thanks again for the opprotunity
MG Music

Postby MG Music » 30 Nov 2013 01:39

All right man I'm cool with that thanks again for the opprotunity
MG Music