Pinkie's Party

Let's hear what you've got, Brony. Feedback is encouraged. Please embed EQBeats, Youtube or Soundcloud.

Pinkie's Party

Postby Whitetail » 04 Jul 2011 23:43

Pepperbrony suggested I try some happy hardcore, so I figured why not.
Whether or not I hit the genre mark I'm not sure, but here's the result:

http://www.box.net/shared/24jndfy3qspsssta6h7j

Whitetail

Re: Pinkie's Party

Postby Versilaryan » 05 Jul 2011 13:30

I liked the groove. It was peppy, and the double-time drums and the constant leaps in the melody gave it that over-the-top feeling that Pinkie always exudes. I'd say you did a really good job capturing the essence of Pinkie!

I do have an aversion to that chord progression, though. It's so overused, it's really difficult to use it and make it stand out from the crowd. Maybe you could've had an inner voice (like that sustained guitar I hear the second half of it) play with the voicing and disguise it a little by playing a countermelody or even just notes other than the root.
Versilaryan

Postby Interrobang Pie » 05 Jul 2011 16:00

It's not bad but it never changes. Occasionally it will change pace but essentially it is a 4 second loop.

It is peppy though - I'll give you that.
A great man wrote:Circuitfry: fries circuits of this whole topic, one at a time (I know that's not how servers work, but Puns work all the time)
Interrobang Pie

Postby Whitetail » 05 Jul 2011 17:03

Interrobang Pie wrote:It's not bad but it never changes. Occasionally it will change pace but essentially it is a 4 second loop.

It is peppy though - I'll give you that.

Yeah, it's definitely not the best thing I composed and was made really quickly, I just really wanted a short idea to roll with and I liked the outcome, even if it is a bit repetitive.

I do have an aversion to that chord progression, though. It's so overused, it's really difficult to use it and make it stand out from the crowd. Maybe you could've had an inner voice (like that sustained guitar I hear the second half of it) play with the voicing and disguise it a little by playing a countermelody or even just notes other than the root.

I'm not touching this version anymore, but I am doing another one for the Fighting is Magic soundtrack since the guys liked how this one turned out, I'll keep that in mind when I'm making that. Thanks for the input!
Whitetail

Postby Stars In Autumn » 06 Jul 2011 01:00

One suggestion is maybe make the snare louder when you're using speeding it up before a drop.
-Stars In Autumn aka Jeffthestrider
Stars In Autumn
Site Admin

Primary: FL
Cutie Mark: Myself

Return to General Music Feedback and Advice