Gone Full Derp

Let's hear what you've got, Brony. Feedback is encouraged. Please embed EQBeats, Youtube or Soundcloud.

Gone Full Derp

Postby Senator Myth » 04 Jul 2011 13:59

http://soundcloud.com/senator-myth/gfd4demo

I took a break from the festivities (Happy 4th of July to my fellow American bronies) to finish this track. It's basically done, except for me listening to it every once in a while for a week and making little changes here and there, and I haven't done any mastering yet. And I also won't be putting it on YouTube or anything until the Wednesday after next, probably.

But I'm really not entirely certain how I feel about it. I'm not even sure what to call it, so let's just say that it's a Derpy-themed rock song. It's quite a bit different and a lot more challenging than anything else I've ever done (although that's not saying much, since it's only the third song I've completed) , and I could really use some objective ears for this. Any comments at all would be greatly appreciated.
"Without music, life would be a mistake."
-Nietzsche
My music can be found here. Please check it out!
http://www.youtube.com/user/SenatorMyth
Senator Myth

Re: Gone Full Derp

Postby Makkon » 04 Jul 2011 14:15

This song really made me smile!
The instrumentation such as the organ, bass, and drums are perfect! I wouldn't change anything about those. I do think that there are some parts on the lead guitar that could be fixed up at the beginning of the song (could have faster notes). But this is super charming!
youtube | deviantart | tumblr

I'm Makkon.
Makkon
Site Admin

Postby Interrobang Pie » 04 Jul 2011 14:30

Lead guitar is perhaps a little loud for my liking, but yeah, no mastering yet. Overall it's pretty good, can't say it fits Derpy's character like hand in glove though.
A great man wrote:Circuitfry: fries circuits of this whole topic, one at a time (I know that's not how servers work, but Puns work all the time)
Interrobang Pie

Postby Senator Myth » 04 Jul 2011 15:44

Makkon wrote:This song really made me smile!
The instrumentation such as the organ, bass, and drums are perfect!... this is super charming!

Thank you very much! I'm glad you liked it, because I really wasn't sure at all what I thought about it. I'm glad both of you agreed that it wasn't trash, at least. That's kind of what I was afraid of.

Interrobang Pie wrote:Overall it's pretty good, can't say it fits Derpy's character like hand in glove though.

I definitely know what you mean. I was going for a sort of silly classic rock track. Actually I was going for something reminiscent of the New Age Retro Hippie song from Earthbound, if you want to check that out. But somehow that got lost in exchange for something a bit harder, but still sort of off-kilter and silly. I think I'll probably shelve this until I can think of how to make it a bit more like I envisioned at the start.

Interrobang Pie wrote:Lead guitar is perhaps a little loud for my liking,
Makkon wrote:I do think that there are some parts on the lead guitar that could be fixed up at the beginning of the song (could have faster notes).

Actually, the only real complaints I've gotten about this song (I showed it to a few friends in earlier stages) is related to the guitar. So I suppose I'm going to focus all my energy on that aspect of the song. Maybe shift them back in the mix and have them act more rhythmic than lead.

This community is basically awesome. Your input is invaluable. If anyone else has anything they want to say, don't be shy! I really want to hear it.
"Without music, life would be a mistake."
-Nietzsche
My music can be found here. Please check it out!
http://www.youtube.com/user/SenatorMyth
Senator Myth

Postby Overkillius » 05 Jul 2011 13:16

I just feel like it needs more strumming and whatnot... otherwise I like it.
> Music Youtube! <
>>>> Tumblr! <<<<
Overkillius wrote:The bad thing about music... is that it is subjective.
The good thing about music... is that it is subjective!
Overkillius

Primary: Reaper, Famitracker
Cutie Mark: #9 Chords

Postby penguindf12 » 13 Jul 2011 22:59

This is SUPA-GREAT
penguindf12

Return to General Music Feedback and Advice