Slender Mane

Let's hear what you've got, Brony. Feedback is encouraged. Please embed EQBeats, Youtube or Soundcloud.

Slender Mane

Postby Versilaryan » 06 Aug 2011 22:18

http://soundcloud.com/versilaryan/slender-mane

This was my Toast Beard entry. The first time I've written anything like this, first time I've ever used a tracker.

So... Basically, I'm looking for as much creative critique as I can. Anything that I did well, anything I could do better, things that didn't work, etc. I probably won't touch this song again, but I'm sure there are pleny of things I should keep in mind while doing my next one!
Versilaryan

Re: Slender Mane

Postby FoozogzPepperBrony » 07 Aug 2011 00:09

I must say this was the most startling entry(that doesn't mean creepiest, per se). The static was loud, but...eh.
The intro was the best part. The reverse piano at :22 was deliciously creepy. I wish the rest of the track kept as creepy as that part. The beeps seemed unnecessary, they didn't really do anything for me. Drums could be creepified to maintain mood better. Vocal work is nice.
DAW: Ableton
HELLO, OLD FRIENDS~
FoozogzPepperBrony

Postby Dr_Dissonance » 07 Aug 2011 07:21

I enjoyed it, but dear god the static made me jump/feel pain, so maybe not making it that loud...there's a difference between wanting to scare people and wanting to kill people...:P

*edit* also, NO ONE OUT CREEPS ME! Excellent try though!
Tubeyou
You are the hero My Little Remix deserves, not the one it needs.
So we’ll hunt you. Because you can take it. Because you’re not our hero.
You’re a silent guardian of music, a watchful protector of songs.
A doctor of dissonance.
-Phillypu
Dr_Dissonance

Postby Versilaryan » 07 Aug 2011 18:22

@Foozogz: Haha, yeah, you can tell that I started going one direction and then shifted course. Originally, I wanted to do something like The Beatles' "Revolution 9", but then I ran out of ideas, started messing around in MadTracker...

@Dr_Dissonance: I did intend them to be startling, but I guess I keep my headphones at a lower volume than everypony else, or something. >.> Will keep that in mind for the future!
Versilaryan

Return to General Music Feedback and Advice