Prance [Remix of Zorg] - Still in Alpha

Let's hear what you've got, Brony. Feedback is encouraged. Please embed EQBeats, Youtube or Soundcloud.

Prance [Remix of Zorg] - Still in Alpha

Postby PinkieGuy » 15 Jul 2011 04:27

Hey guys,

I'm currently working on a remix of Zorg's entry into the Remix Contest II and would love some feedback.

http://hizzoner.bandcamp.com/track/pran ... ve-mix-v01

The song is still very much in progress, and whole chunks haven't been written layered or automated. More importantly, some of the vocals need to be re-written as they were original vocoded to fit over a different set of chords. Still input is appreciated.

Cheers.
JackleApp wrote:THIS IS A HEINOUS ABUSE OF POWER BUT

YOUR MOD COMMANDS YOU
PinkieGuy

Cutie Mark: Blank flank

Re: Prance [Remix of Zorg] - Still in Alpha

Postby zorg » 20 Jul 2011 21:21

I, of all people, should not comment on it, but i'll try to be constructive only :3

Also, since i suppose you did modify the track already in 6 days, some points could be moot;

My main concern is that the track is missing some "fullness", like a mellower/quieter sound behind the main synth so that it doesn't sound so separated from the drums and the vocals.

The only other thing i'd suggest is giving the hats/cymbals a bit more tail, imho they cut off too fast. Too much reverb could be a problem, but some is not that big a problem (not to mention if you can accomplish this without modifying/adding extra reverb)
^feel free to disregard | genres... what are those? | :3
[collabgeddon] - too much time passed for this
Do feel free to keep in touch through discord: #zorg "eight" "rod" "inverted-E" "four"
zorg

Primary: ILyEAN (v0.0.0.0) [Designing Phase]
Cutie Mark: Usually Invisible

Re: Prance [Remix of Zorg] - Still in Alpha

Postby PinkieGuy » 21 Jul 2011 01:43

Hahaha, I appreciate the feedback Zorg.

I'll see what I can do about filling out that area between the synths and such, possibly a pad (which i always avoid using because i never get them to attack fast enough for my liking.)
JackleApp wrote:THIS IS A HEINOUS ABUSE OF POWER BUT

YOUR MOD COMMANDS YOU
PinkieGuy

Cutie Mark: Blank flank

Return to General Music Feedback and Advice