Ode to Celestia

Let's hear what you've got, Brony. Feedback is encouraged. Please embed EQBeats, Youtube or Soundcloud.

Ode to Celestia

Postby Artemus » 09 Jul 2011 21:36

http://soundcloud.com/travisfrancis92/blessing-of-light

Warning! It's loud, very, very loud.

I'm proud to announce that after a day or two of meandering about this new composition program, that I can now effectively make music that isn't required to be played live. Of course, it's somewhat cheating, but now I can use instruments I otherwise don't know how to play.

This piece is a string quartet supplemented by a Church Organ. I made it to sound somewhat regal, as though to complement the great mare that it is dedicated to.

At the point in which the song changes moods, I wanted to be somewhat tender I guess, as though to enunciate that even though Celestia is the Princess of Equestria, she does well to keep her subjects in close care.

The dynamics are a bit varied, as I have yet to find a way to smoothly transition, but I tried.

Sheet Music

Enjoy!

Note about the music. There's a page or two of just rests. I originally wanted to make a longer piece, but decided that the ending as is good enough. I haven't figured out how to remove them....soooo deal with it :D
~"This piece, needs more Piano. Like two cubic tons of Piano, in a small pile just over there."~

Artemus

Re: Ode to Celestia

Postby Dr_Dissonance » 09 Jul 2011 22:03

Very nice, what program did you end up getting?
Tubeyou
You are the hero My Little Remix deserves, not the one it needs.
So we’ll hunt you. Because you can take it. Because you’re not our hero.
You’re a silent guardian of music, a watchful protector of songs.
A doctor of dissonance.
-Phillypu
Dr_Dissonance

Postby Artemus » 09 Jul 2011 22:04

Dr_Dissonance wrote:Very nice, what program did you end up getting?

It's called MuseScore, which is almost like finale, only more frustrating.
~"This piece, needs more Piano. Like two cubic tons of Piano, in a small pile just over there."~

Artemus

Postby Makkon » 10 Jul 2011 02:34

This is really pretty. I love the organ a lot, has a very classical feel to it.
youtube | deviantart | tumblr

I'm Makkon.
Makkon
Site Admin

Postby Artemus » 10 Jul 2011 18:11

Makkon wrote:This is really pretty. I love the organ a lot, has a very classical feel to it.

Many thanks! I'm an Organ/Piano major, so I'm pretty partial to it.

Also, any excuse to use one is a good one.

Artemus

Postby Bagpipe Brony » 10 Jul 2011 20:09

Gah! Beautiful music! But you have read my mind on instrumentation friend! xD Lol jk, I was gonna go w/ organ and harpsi with some choral stuff. I like your piece very much though, I thought of taking Organ at college (while they still had one) but I had to take 1 year of piano first and the organ would've been gone by then.
~Our resident Bagpipe Playing, too-much-bling wearing, Smirnoff drinking, Coca Cola addicted, rockstar-wannabe, Glam Brony.
-Stuck in the 80's since 1989
Projects lined up:
-CMC Baroque techno remix
-Rarity's Battle theme
O__o lame sig...
Bagpipe Brony

Return to General Music Feedback and Advice