Dark Void

Let's hear what you've got, Brony. Feedback is encouraged. Please embed EQBeats, Youtube or Soundcloud.

Dark Void

Postby SpaceAnomaly » 30 Oct 2011 15:47

I don't think I should play around with Ableton while stressed out on Halloween eve...I don't even know what this is.
http://soundcloud.com/spaceanomaly/dark-void

Not going to lie, Dr D's amazing Maretroid piece put me on the right (rather strange) mood for this. Also heavily inspired by the indie game Limbo.

This is a completed test, not sure whether anyone would actually find this enjoyable (I'm still iffy whether I do) but still putting it out there. Ableton is indeed a great DAW, I think I'm going to stay with it.

Happy almost Halloween!
SpaceAnomaly

Re: Dark Void

Postby Lethaargic » 30 Oct 2011 18:42

nice and heavy

it get so huge at 0:55
art is the quintessential embodiment of telepathy, it is how we show each other the inside of our minds

Previously Spacepsy

SoundCloud
Lethaargic

Postby bartekko » 31 Oct 2011 10:52

It's not music, but it IS something (indeed).
If you were planning on making SOMETHING, you made it the best possible way. Bravo
[00:27:11] <@z0r8> you are voiced, now shut up
bartekko

Postby SpaceAnomaly » 31 Oct 2011 17:06

Yeah, definitely not music more like background noise lol
If you've never played Limbo, this is what was going through my mind when making this

It is a very creepy industrial scenario with buzz saws everywhere, metal clanging, etc. I loved it! It's a very chaotic and dark game, and that part was the most memorable.
SpaceAnomaly

Postby Dr_Dissonance » 31 Oct 2011 18:08

No no, it is DEFINITELY still music, even if it's not what you expect!

This was real nice, it had a very nice build up! I think it should have climaxed to a large mass of sound, rather than just dying away though...

If you were inspired by my Maretroid Prime (which is great! =D ) then maybe find a really deep bass drum to climax with...in MP, I used a modified Bass Drum sample I had to create this low rumbling sound, the sudden low bass would be a nice climax I think!

But great! Keep it up!
Tubeyou
You are the hero My Little Remix deserves, not the one it needs.
So we’ll hunt you. Because you can take it. Because you’re not our hero.
You’re a silent guardian of music, a watchful protector of songs.
A doctor of dissonance.
-Phillypu
Dr_Dissonance

Postby SpaceAnomaly » 31 Oct 2011 18:47

Ooo thank you for the tips! I was thinking about that after I posted it and decided to move things around, but when I tried to revert it back it didn't sound the same and I don't remember exactly what I did in the first place. D:

I definitely want to revisit this and add lots of cool stuff once I get a better hang of Ableton.
SpaceAnomaly

Postby Circuitfry » 31 Oct 2011 21:32

Hey Spacey! That was some fancy engineering you've got going there! I like it!

I think revisiting that is a cool idea. This was very soundtrack-like, I think you can go places with that.
Viricide wrote:Thanks Obama. Or should I say Cirbama.

\
Circuitfry

Primary: LMMS
Cutie Mark: {;}

Return to General Music Feedback and Advice