[OPEN] MINISTRY OF BRONY: MAXIMUM BASS CANNON

Current events we're participating in.

[OPEN] MINISTRY OF BRONY: MAXIMUM BASS CANNON

Postby westjgames » 29 Apr 2014 15:46

Ministry of Brony: Maximum Bass Cannon
Dubstep, Drumstep and Drum n Bass Competition.

SUBMIT YOUR ENTRIES HERE: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/18-hVrh ... k/viewform

What is "Ministry of Brony"?

Ministry of Brony is our fun take on nightclub/record label giant "Ministry of Sound"
Our idea is to create mix/compilation releases in the style of the MOS releases.

This particular release will feature a 80-minute compilation with songs that have been submitted.

Additionally, full-lenth tracks will be posted as "Bonus Content"

Who can enter "Ministry of Brony"?

Anyone who is currently a member of My Little Remix can take part in this competition.

What songs are being accepted?

We are looking for three different main genres, Dubstep, Drumstep and Drum n Bass.

Mash-Ups are OK, as long as you have permission from all parties/artists involved in the tracks mashed.

Remixes of tracks from the show are not allowed due to copyright constraints, however, sound and voice samples from the show are acceptable. Fair use policy applies.

Can I use music I've released previously?

Sure, however, we will be favoring new/unreleased tracks that have been made just for this release.

How many songs are going to be released?

One 80-minute CD. We may release 2 CDs worth depending on the number of submissions we get.

Does it have to be pony related?

NO! You can have your track be about whatever!

Where is the money going?

We will be selling this album to raise proceeds for a charity.
Bronies for Good will receive all funds to go towards "Your Siblings"

How many submissions can I make?

As many as you like! However, let it be said for the billionth time on this forum, it's QUALITY OVER QUANTITY!

How do I submit?

First you need to register yourself here: LINK COMING
Then, you can simply upload your tracks to Dropbox, Mediafire, Box, Mega.NZ etc etc, then fill out the form here: LINK COMING

When is the due date?

Deadline: July 1st 2014
Release: July 15th 2014

Who is Fillydelphia Radio?

Fillydelphia Radio is an online radio station that is dedicated to bringing listeners the very best in brony music. They will be supporting and promoting the event.

All in all, I wish all entrants the best of luck in your submissions! If you need any help, fire me a message here!
Last edited by westjgames on 08 Jun 2014 23:29, edited 1 time in total.
westjgames

Primary: FL Studio
Cutie Mark: Mine is a logo... so uh...

Re: [OPEN] MINISTRY OF BRONY: MAXIMUM BASS CANNON

Postby ExoBassTix » 29 Apr 2014 17:05

I think I could use this as an excuse to finally finish a damn Dubstep track, though I'm doubting if you want Classic Dubstep at all. I think you're going for Modern Dubstep, but I'm not sure. Which sides of Dubstep is/are accepted?
Collecting dust...

Dieselminded drifter dodging delirium in daunting dreamscapes.
ExoBassTix

Primary: FL Studio 20
Cutie Mark: a crystal waterphone

Postby DJ TATCM » 30 Apr 2014 14:55

is trap allowed

i mean it is a bass cannon
CommandSpry wrote:srbija never explore pleasure of sit :(

Vote for my remix here!
Soundcloud
BandCamp
YouTube
our love is stronger than a golden banana
DJ TATCM

Primary: FL Studio 10
Cutie Mark: trent reznor

Postby Navron » 30 Apr 2014 18:20

I'm down. I could always use an excuse to get creative with sound design.
DAW: Cubase 6.5, Ableton Live 8
Preferred Genre: Industrial/Trance
Hardware: Schecter Diamond Series Bass, Yamaha Acoustic Guitar, BP355 Effects Pedal, Keystudio 49K Keyboard, Akai APC40, Korg nanoKEY2 25k Keyboard
Navron
Global Moderator

Primary: Cubase 6.5

Postby westjgames » 30 Apr 2014 18:31

To be honest, considering the amount of abuse I copped last time, I'm being pretty loose with the genres this time.

Trap: Not favourable, but whatever
^
|
v
Electro House: Getting away from the point.
westjgames

Postby simonli2575 » 01 May 2014 03:29

I might finally be able to say I've created Dubstep.
I'm gonna try my hands on this one.
http://soundcloud.com/simonli2575
My YouTube channel
Steam profile
Software: FL Studio, Z3ta+2 & Massive
Hardware: Roland 800-Pro and a computer
Genres: Drum 'n' Bass and occasionally Jungle
Genres I want to try out: Dubstep, Breakcore, Hardstyle and Trap
Alycs made my new avatar. \o/
simonli2575

Cutie Mark: Why are you staring at my ass

Postby Viricide Filly » 01 May 2014 13:11

Tfw still can't even make my main genre for this, nor can I use orchestral, nor can I make glitch hop. I'm out.
Also if you can't mix electro with dubstep why the everfrick are you mixing it with drum & bass? and how the everfrick is drumstep a main genre? And how is ONLY allowing dubstep and drum & bass sub genres being loose with genres?
We breakfast is e

House. Glitch Hop. IDM. Breakbeat. Chillout. Footwork. Lo-fi. Vaporwave. Noise. These are some of the genres I like to completely ruin.
Viricide Filly

Primary: Hula Hoops
Cutie Mark: electric!1!11!

Postby Artless » 01 May 2014 20:24

I've never tried drumstep, but there's a first time for everything. Plus I've been meaning to try it out.
Artless

Cutie Mark: Sorta House

Postby Mr. Bigglesworth » 02 May 2014 19:07

I'm just gonna leave a little advice for future reference. Don't call your album '----- brony' and if you're going to allow non-pony. Because I for one wouldn't wanna attatch my non-pony music to a pony-themed album. It just seems outta place, and a lot of the people you're talking to here who don't write mlp music likely won't wanna put that label to their music through association. I won't stop you from doing a thing (tbh I couldn't if I wanted to), but I think it's something to consider when you're setting up an album here.
I'm not here anymore, but if you want you can still just call me Mr. BigBagelBoggle!

Sound
Face
You
Mr. Bigglesworth

Cutie Mark: My own ass

Postby Astral Nova » 13 May 2014 19:33

I may as well enter something. Also, I agree with 'Mr. Bigglesworth'. If it's not completely 'brony/pony' related, then the term 'brony' should probably be left out of the title.

Regardless, I look forward to the compilation! :grin:
Astral Nova

Primary: FL Studio 11.0.4

Postby VinylDotRawr » 14 May 2014 08:47

Gonna try out for this :3
DAW: FL Studio 11
Genres: EDM in general :I
VSTs: Massive, FM8 and Sylenth1
VinylDotRawr

Postby Freewave » 14 May 2014 11:50

Mr. Bigglesworth wrote:I'm just gonna leave a little advice for future reference. Don't call your album '----- brony' and if you're going to allow non-pony. Because I for one wouldn't wanna attatch my non-pony music to a pony-themed album. It just seems outta place, and a lot of the people you're talking to here who don't write mlp music likely won't wanna put that label to their music through association. I won't stop you from doing a thing (tbh I couldn't if I wanted to), but I think it's something to consider when you're setting up an album here.

I'm just gonna say it's going to get REALLY weird if most of the events on MLR are NOT pony themed. It's ok to give people the flexibility to make music that is not distinctly themed that way, but i would expect the majority of the people who will check this out are bronies and anyone watching EQD when its released and especially cause that's the title. I would expect majority making tracks would be bronies too. If people here want don't want to be affiliated with that type of theme they don't really have to take part as this is a direct sequel to the last one and a Fillydelphia radio event. The minute we start dismantling community events because people "don't want no stinking ponies on it", then we have a problem. :grin:
Links for my music: YouTube, Bandcamp, and Tumblr
Check out the Brony Music Directory and FimMusic. A portal for all pony music
Support the 20+ Musician Maressey Project currently underway.
Freewave

Primary: Fl Studio 10
Cutie Mark: X$X

Postby Ricky Denzel » 15 May 2014 14:24

I have a song I was going to self release, but this seems okay. I'm in!
Never Validating My Bastardizing Remedy
[SC] [BC] [Tw]
Ricky Denzel

Primary: Ableton Live 8
Cutie Mark: Triangle with an eye

Postby Aoshi » 19 May 2014 21:23

*subsonic rumbling intensifies*

ohai
Aoshi

Primary: Ableton Live 9 Suite
Cutie Mark: Glitch

Postby westjgames » 22 May 2014 21:35

Viricide Filly wrote:Also if you can't mix electro with dubstep why the everfrick are you mixing it with drum & bass?

We are not mixing

Viricide Filly wrote:And how is ONLY allowing dubstep and drum & bass sub genres being loose with genres?

Glitch Hop is acceptable. Orchestral is not. This is more of a genre focus, and less of a "do whatever cos it's a distant-cousin-twice-removed-genre and I don't like rules".

Go outside your personal comfort zone!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mr. Bigglesworth wrote:Don't call your album '----- brony' and if you're going to allow non-pony. Because I for one wouldn't wanna attatch my non-pony music to a pony-themed album.

The word "Brony" is to mean "people who like MLP and participate in the community, hence, an album made by bronies.

The word "Pony" is to mean "exclusively about My Little Pony", hence, an album strictly to do with My Little Pony.

I made the difference so you could have more creative freedom.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Artless wrote:I've never tried drumstep, but there's a first time for everything. Plus I've been meaning to try it out.

That's the spirit!
westjgames

Postby Mr. Bigglesworth » 23 May 2014 05:44

Freewave wrote:"don't want no stinking ponies on it"

I don't recall saying that. I mean, yeah I'm talking about the title and everything but only on a categorical level.

westjgames wrote:
Mr. Bigglesworth wrote:Don't call your album '----- brony' and if you're going to allow non-pony. Because I for one wouldn't wanna attatch my non-pony music to a pony-themed album.

The word "Brony" is to mean "people who like MLP and participate in the community, hence, an album made by bronies.

The word "Pony" is to mean "exclusively about My Little Pony", hence, an album strictly to do with My Little Pony.

I made the difference so you could have more creative freedom.

I think you missed my point. I'm saying that most people who would make (or at least me and the people I know) who don't make mlp themed music wouldn't wanna put non-pony on an album with 'brony' plastered all over it. I appreciate that you wanna maintain creative freedom, but no offense, I'd never participate in an album called 'Ministry of Brony' because I'd feel out of place doing non-pony music on it. I guess it's just because I think categorically with these things.

I'll go away now. Good luck with the album!
I'm not here anymore, but if you want you can still just call me Mr. BigBagelBoggle!

Sound
Face
You
Mr. Bigglesworth

Cutie Mark: My own ass

Postby CaptainFluffatun » 23 May 2014 14:03

westjgames wrote:Glitch Hop is acceptable. Orchestral is not. This is more of a genre focus, and less of a "do whatever cos it's a distant-cousin-twice-removed-genre and I don't like rules".

I'm sorry, but this is a VERY mixed message. You act condescendingly about "not liking rules" and then tell people to go outside of their comfort zone. In the OP you say you want dubstep, drumstep and drum n bass - three subgenres in a vast sea of subgenres, which, I might add, is YOUR comfort zone. I feel like your genre list is far too limited to allow the creative freedom you claim to include. The big albums of this site always include like at least ten different subgenres you could try, and even then that's never a strict policy.
CaptainFluffatun

Primary: Cubase 5
Cutie Mark: Orchestral

Postby Viricide Filly » 24 May 2014 09:49

CaptainFluffatun wrote:
westjgames wrote:Glitch Hop is acceptable. Orchestral is not. This is more of a genre focus, and less of a "do whatever cos it's a distant-cousin-twice-removed-genre and I don't like rules".

I'm sorry, but this is a VERY mixed message. You act condescendingly about "not liking rules" and then tell people to go outside of their comfort zone. In the OP you say you want dubstep, drumstep and drum n bass - three subgenres in a vast sea of subgenres, which, I might add, is YOUR comfort zone. I feel like your genre list is far too limited to allow the creative freedom you claim to include. The big albums of this site always include like at least ten different subgenres you could try, and even then that's never a strict policy.

I completely agree with this.
If you're going to say those three genres, then say things like "glitch hop is acceptable", then really, do you know what you're doing? dubstep is at 140 BPM with half-time beats. Drum & bass and drumstep are both much faster and are different sub-genres of an entirely different genre. Glitch hop is different again, following a more swingy funky feel at between say, 90 and 110 BPM.
You constrict people's creative flow by only allowing three small sub-genres, then you confuse people by saying "fuck da roolz" and "go outside your comfort zone". If you're sending the message "go out of your comfort zone" with this album, then DON'T LIST THREE OR FOUR GENRES. Many people in here produce dubstep and/or drum & bass. I produce electro house, house, glitch hop/funk hop and sometimes orchestral, blending the sounds of house and orchestral and doing whatever I want. This album's genre list seemed to be ignoring house music COMPLETELY, even though house and electro are extremely prominent genres which have SERIOUS room to move in, and do well in a mix of EDM. Genres like "drumstep" are genre niches so small there's not even enough room to swing a cat in, so how do you expect us to go outside of our comfort zones?
We breakfast is e

House. Glitch Hop. IDM. Breakbeat. Chillout. Footwork. Lo-fi. Vaporwave. Noise. These are some of the genres I like to completely ruin.
Viricide Filly

Primary: Hula Hoops
Cutie Mark: electric!1!11!

Postby westjgames » 27 May 2014 22:38

I'm sorry.

Submit whatever you want.

I and another judge shall see if it fits on the album.

Just a heads up, orchestral isn't going on the album.

Also, you can't complain if your track doesn't make it. We did state what genres were going on the album.
westjgames

Postby cplbradley » 27 May 2014 22:41

i think they're just mad because they can't make sick wubs
Honorary Member of the Yoy and Whistle Club
https://soundcloud.com/cplbradley/perfectly-natural
cplbradley

Primary: Not yet specified.
Cutie Mark: Distorted Fart Noises

Postby westjgames » 27 May 2014 22:41

Viricide Filly wrote:I completely agree with this.
If you're going to say those three genres, then say things like "glitch hop is acceptable", then really, do you know what you're doing? dubstep is at 140 BPM with half-time beats. Drum & bass and drumstep are both much faster and are different sub-genres of an entirely different genre. Glitch hop is different again, following a more swingy funky feel at between say, 90 and 110 BPM.
You constrict people's creative flow by only allowing three small sub-genres, then you confuse people by saying "fuck da roolz" and "go outside your comfort zone". If you're sending the message "go out of your comfort zone" with this album, then DON'T LIST THREE OR FOUR GENRES. Many people in here produce dubstep and/or drum & bass. I produce electro house, house, glitch hop/funk hop and sometimes orchestral, blending the sounds of house and orchestral and doing whatever I want. This album's genre list seemed to be ignoring house music COMPLETELY, even though house and electro are extremely prominent genres which have SERIOUS room to move in, and do well in a mix of EDM. Genres like "drumstep" are genre niches so small there's not even enough room to swing a cat in, so how do you expect us to go outside of our comfort zones?

westjgames wrote:We are not mixing
westjgames

Postby CaptainFluffatun » 27 May 2014 23:44

cplbradley wrote:i think they're just mad because they can't make sick wubs

I'm not even entering this. As a mod, I'm pointing out the flaws I see in something to help it be better. Nice try though.
CaptainFluffatun

Primary: Cubase 5
Cutie Mark: Orchestral

Postby westjgames » 08 Jun 2014 23:30

westjgames

Postby Navron » 02 Jul 2014 01:14

Had a very busy past 2 months, so I regretfully will have to back out of this one.
DAW: Cubase 6.5, Ableton Live 8
Preferred Genre: Industrial/Trance
Hardware: Schecter Diamond Series Bass, Yamaha Acoustic Guitar, BP355 Effects Pedal, Keystudio 49K Keyboard, Akai APC40, Korg nanoKEY2 25k Keyboard
Navron
Global Moderator

Primary: Cubase 6.5

Return to Challenges, Contests, and Events