Theme tune for the burger pony

Current events we're participating in.

Theme tune for the burger pony

Postby Cheesey Burger » 03 Oct 2012 18:27

Like making music? Want to win something for a piece you make?

Well my little contest is perfect for you!

Don’t worry, there will be a prize of £10 and £30 worth of steam games kindly donated for this contest.

BUT! The amount of prizes could be even more, dependent on how many enter!

Basically, the more you invite, the more the prizes and places, and the more chances you have to win something!

So whats the rules then? Well…

• It can be made with any program, recording equipment, yada yada you get what I mean. Basically, if it makes a tune, thats fine!

• It can be in an MP3, WAV, FLAC or other audio formats. You can also choose to send it directly to me or upload to Youtube, Soundcloud or anything else.

• It can be vocals only, music only, or both! It can also be in any style! Classical? Accepted. Electro? Accepted.

• It can use parts of pre existing songs or be completely original from scratch but really as long as its yours and made just for this contest it will be fine.

• It should last one minute at least and there is no max amount (So if for some strange reason you want to make it an hour, then do so!)

• Musician or not, I’ll accept it! (No really, as long as it is some form of tune then thats fine!)

• MUST BE SFW (Just so I can actually use it on my blog or anything I need to)

• Judging will be done hopefully by vote (So it won’t necessarily be me who will choose the winner)

I will be paying whoever the winner is via Paypal, so you need to get an account on there. It will let me pay you easily no matter which country you are in.

You can send it in either by posting it here either on this thread or in a PM or sending it to my ask blog HERE

Also any questions you may have about this you can post here too!
Cheesey Burger

Re: Theme tune for the burger pony

Postby Nine Volt » 03 Oct 2012 18:40

If I hypothetically win can I give the prizes to the runner up?
Nine Volt

Postby Cheesey Burger » 03 Oct 2012 18:47

Nine Volt wrote:If I hypothetically win can I give the prizes to the runner up?

Errm sure I guess. Give them to anyone you want!
Cheesey Burger

Postby Nine Volt » 03 Oct 2012 18:49

Mkay. I'll try something out.
Nine Volt

Postby ChromaticChaosPony » 03 Oct 2012 18:55

Eureka! I has briliant idea for this!

In the Burger Factory
Where your indulgences in food come true
In the Burer Factory
Where not a single veggie gets through

Ok, no. But I'll try to make something.
ChromaticChaosPony

Primary: Not yet specified.
Cutie Mark: Blank flank

Postby Camsy » 03 Oct 2012 19:11

I got a bit of an idea for something to do, unfortunately my ideas usually end up pretty bad. We'll see...
Support me on Youtube and Facebook.
Camsy

Primary: Logic Pro 9
Cutie Mark: Jack-of-all-trades

Postby Pyro25100 » 03 Oct 2012 21:46

Interesting.
Certainly worth a shot. Even though I'm already attempting to take part in like, two different albums xD
Disregard my username here. I go by Smokescape now.

DAW: FL Studio 10
VST: Sytrus, Harmor, Harmless, Toxic Biohazard
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/OfficialSmokeScape
Pyro25100

Postby Cheesey Burger » 17 Oct 2012 20:22

Hey guys sorry for the lack of activity on here but I thought it best to let you know that right now I have a 15 confirmed people who have said they would make something. Whether this means I get 15 entries handed in is still in question.

Now what does this mean for you, you are thinking. Well what it means is that I can talk fully about this bizarre prize increase I mentioned about. Basically it works like this, the amount of entries I get in at the deadline determines what exactly the prizes are and how many of them.

So right now if all 15 people hand in a piece, first place would get £10 and the £30 of steam games and also a second prize of £5 would be added.

Sounds great eh? Well it gets even better!

At 20, I'll add a third place prize of £3 and increase second place to £7
At 25, I'll increase first place to £15 to go with the £30 worth of steam games

If I receive over 25 entries I'll be creating a catagories style of choices like "Best vocal" and such and the winner of each category would win £5 (cumalative if they win several categories) while the winner of "Best overall" Would win £15 and the £30 of steam games.

(Chances are that best overall would win at least one of the other categories so thats gonna make it at least £20 if not more if your entry wins even more categories)

Also so you yourselves can keep track, I'm also HERE is the google document I've been using to keep track of how many entered and if they have handed in. This way you can keep up to date on how many say they are in and how many have handed in already as I update it. Also if you upload it to a place like soundcloud or youtube, tell me if you want me to link it on the google document as well. I won't do it for direct downloads anyway but letting me know when you submit it would be great!

So basically the more you invite and get to join this, the better the prize you could win!
Again this is based on amount of entries at the end and not on how many say they will make something because I'd imagine a lot of you just grabbing friends saying their in.
Cheesey Burger

Postby Cheesey Burger » 24 Oct 2012 11:11

So guys! We have a week left on the clock till we reach the deadline. Now if you have sent me anything and I haven't replied then please do pm or anything because it might have disappeared into my junk box or something.

So I wish you all the best of luck and I can't wait to see what everyone has done!
Cheesey Burger

Postby Cii » 29 Oct 2012 01:13

How did I not know about this? SO gonna try and do something quick hahaha!
YourTubes: http://www.youtube.com/user/AvantegardeBronyCii
Tweets: @QuokkaCii

I'm on these boards 0.001% of the time, and in the Ponychat IRC 99.999% of the time (check the #bronymusic channel)! (Oh no it's gone D:)
Cii

Primary: FL Studio 10
Cutie Mark: Red Spot

Postby Cheesey Burger » 29 Oct 2012 08:56

Cii wrote:How did I not know about this? SO gonna try and do something quick hahaha!

I wish you the best of luck in making something for this and yeah this thread kinda got swamped over by the other bigger threads.
Cheesey Burger

Postby digitalbrony » 29 Oct 2012 09:36

ERMAGHERD
I wish I could do this so much...
But, alas, I have a lot of stuff going on. Sorry! :(
digitalbrony

Postby XXDarkShadow79XX » 29 Oct 2012 15:45

So when you say 5 Euros worth of Steam games you mean money added to our steam wallet?
XXDarkShadow79XX

Primary: FL

Postby StormSyztem » 30 Oct 2012 03:45

I've got something in the works for this, hopefully I'll be done by the end of the day. First I have to surmount this pile of college work on my desk.
StormSyztem

Postby Cheesey Burger » 30 Oct 2012 19:46

XXDarkShadow79XX wrote:So when you say 5 Euros worth of Steam games you mean money added to our steam wallet?

Well because of the way Steam works in that it cannot transfer money directly (So people can't hack into your account and send the money to another account.)

What we will do is when a winner is chosen I'll be contacting them asking them which games they want from Steam or possibly Origin if it allows gifting of games.
Cheesey Burger

Postby Cheesey Burger » 02 Nov 2012 13:24

Ok guys, the deadline has come and gone! I'm busy downloading all the entries I have been sent now!
If you have made an entry (Or at least the majority of an entry) Then do send me a private message, email, reply on this thread now so I can sort something out with you.

Now about the judging, what I'll be doing is taking all the entries and post them all together along with a poll on my blog. I'll be linking to the post here once its made and then let the voting go on for about a week. When the week is over, I'll tally up the votes and the winner will be the one with the most votes.
Cheesey Burger

Postby BlackElectric » 03 Nov 2012 00:42

I am looking forward to the voting and seeing all the other entries
BlackElectric

Primary: Pro Tools 10
Cutie Mark: Mixing

Postby Cheesey Burger » 05 Nov 2012 12:13

Ok guys the poll is up along with all the entries given in!

http://askcheeseyburger.tumblr.com/post ... me-to-vote

The voting will go on for 2 weeks and I'll collect all the votes and choose a winner from the one with the most votes.

So I wish you all the best of luck and wish I could have given you all prizes for your entries!
Cheesey Burger

Postby Camsy » 06 Nov 2012 00:04

All of these tracks sound great! Good luck everypony!
Support me on Youtube and Facebook.
Camsy

Primary: Logic Pro 9
Cutie Mark: Jack-of-all-trades

Postby Nine Volt » 06 Nov 2012 07:42

I want Camsy to win, so I voted for you :)
Nine Volt

Return to Challenges, Contests, and Events