Mega-MLR BroNYCon Exodus EXPLOSION MICHAEL BAY CLICK HERE

Current events we're participating in.

Mega-MLR BroNYCon Exodus EXPLOSION MICHAEL BAY CLICK HERE

Postby Senator Myth » 13 Jan 2012 16:12

Now that I have your attention, I have a proposal: get as much of the MLR community as possible to the summer BroNYCon. If we're ever going to do something like this, it should be at this next one since Lauren Faust is going to be there.

My proposal, in as simple terms as possible, is this simple plan:

1) Come up with the cost of travel, lodging, food, and other expenses to get as many MLR members from around the world (and their equipment if feasible) to BroNYCon
2) Raise that money through events and albums and such
3) Execute the plan
4) Give whatever's left to charity

Some considerations:

--We would want to get several rooms at a motel so we can all hang out together even when we aren't actually at the con (and to save money)
--Continental Bronies can carpool once we get a complete idea of who all wants to go and who can provide transportation. ROAD TRIP YEAH and this is probably the only way anyone will get any real amount of gear to BroNYCon
--At some point, we're going to have to cut it off. So some people, even if they REALLY want to go, are simply going to be out of luck. Sorry!
--Anyone who can get there without monetary assistance, maybe those who live within a certain radius, won't be given any money from whatever funds we raise. Please do be considerate for those who cannot get there any other way!

Basically this will be setting up, organizing, and synchronizing an entire network or system throughout the WORLD of getting as many Bronies as we can to this summer's BroNYCon. Provided everyone else is willing to cooperate, and you all are willing to trust me, I would be willing to organize this ridiculous endeavor myself. This thread, however, is primarily an interest check: do you think this is possible? Do you want to do it? What would you be willing to do to help make this happen?

Please post this everywhere until EVERYONE in the Brony music community is aware of it. I don't want it to be a matter of "Oh I didn't know this was happening" or "it's only for so-and-so" or whatever. Not everyone will be able to go, but I /do/ want everyone at the very least to be aware of it and to weigh in on it.

Okay GO
"Without music, life would be a mistake."
-Nietzsche
My music can be found here. Please check it out!
http://www.youtube.com/user/SenatorMyth
Senator Myth

Re: Mega-MLR BroNYCon Exodus EXPLOSION MICHAEL BAY CLICK HER

Postby UnderpΩny » 13 Jan 2012 16:18

YES.
Thank you for spamming the link several times so I decided to click on it. <3
I will be watching this thread with an eagle eye.
UnderpΩny

Postby H8_Seed » 13 Jan 2012 16:29

I will do all I can to help raise the money to have people to go. YOU GUYS NEED TO HAVE LOTS OF FUN FOR ME, I'L BE STUCK DOING PUSH UPS UNTIL I PUKE OUT MY LIVER
"The sky isn't falling, it's being thrown at us!!!"
H8_Seed

Postby BlackElectric » 13 Jan 2012 16:31

Well, I'm going, but I'm staying with some of my other friends.
BlackElectric

Primary: Pro Tools 10
Cutie Mark: Mixing

Postby Interrobang Pie » 13 Jan 2012 16:33

Us Brits are all organising a meetup at Heathrow before we all fly over. It's all about shelling out the money, I guess.
A great man wrote:Circuitfry: fries circuits of this whole topic, one at a time (I know that's not how servers work, but Puns work all the time)
Interrobang Pie

Re: Mega-MLR BroNYCon Exodus

Postby TaisiKP » 13 Jan 2012 16:37

I wish I could, but I can't. >.< Thanks for the link, though, Under.
TaisiKP

Postby bartekko » 13 Jan 2012 16:40

I am aware, I want to take part of this, I probably am not going to do so because parents won't let me hang out with a bunch of unknown people

Fucking America with it's visas
Last edited by bartekko on 13 Jan 2012 16:56, edited 1 time in total.
[00:27:11] <@z0r8> you are voiced, now shut up
bartekko

Postby zorg » 13 Jan 2012 16:44

.there always are possibilities, The

though i will see if i can even fathom this endeavor, factoring in my geographical location and the means of getting a passport MOOLTIPASS
^feel free to disregard | genres... what are those? | :3
[collabgeddon] - too much time passed for this
Do feel free to keep in touch through discord: #zorg "eight" "rod" "inverted-E" "four"
zorg

Primary: ILyEAN (v0.0.0.0) [Designing Phase]
Cutie Mark: Usually Invisible

Postby Freewave » 13 Jan 2012 17:04

One thing that could help musicians with a sizeable following is that they produce some cdr's and sign them at the bronycon. i think having a full quality sounding cd vs mp3 quality and limited to 100 and sell them for $5 ($5x100=500) that comes with a "HI" and a signature would pay for most of their expenses and not cost much at all to produce plus it would be a cool event that would be similar to the way many conventions are run. That might not be as great as getting that money upfront ($2-3 album downloads on bandcamp for example) but it would still pay for your expenses.

Please note one of the things i like about Brony music is that 95% of the musicians are putting it out free. I don't want to suddenly see all kinds of artists expect for others to pay for their trips and for it to be about the money. That could be a really bad route to go and Hasbro could step in to that mix as well. Taking unliscenced samples and other's trademarks and making a $$ on it is a very dangerous area. I'd like for people to consider options carefully and look at all possibilities.

I used to attend the San Diego Con back before it became a movie convention so it was common to see artists (including musicians) with tables selling their product, meeting people, and hanging out with their peers, hanging out afterwards.

I'm not sure if key artists like Jackle App or Dj alex S had to pay their way or if they had their ways paid for by the convention organizers itself (as guests). I'm sure they might be the exception and not the rule though so keep in mind to expect to have to pay your way. Splitting rooms is the BEST way to save your money though so take advantage of that.

Is there enough room for additional tables if there is a musicians section? Were their after parties for other musicians to perform or dj or party? There's a lot of info i haven't heard about bronycon (having not attended) and i really haven't heard a lot of the logisitics or how it worked other than it seemed that the panels were one after another and didn't overlap and artists and collectors had tables to sell). That and 700 people attended and it still sold out (can more fit for next year, same location?).

And by all means get some women interested in this scene in the next year!! A 6 to 1 guy ratio for a girl's show is dreadful. i expect much more from you all in getting females interested in this series.
Last edited by Freewave on 13 Jan 2012 17:18, edited 1 time in total.
Links for my music: YouTube, Bandcamp, and Tumblr
Check out the Brony Music Directory and FimMusic. A portal for all pony music
Support the 20+ Musician Maressey Project currently underway.
Freewave

Primary: Fl Studio 10
Cutie Mark: X$X

Postby natsukashi » 13 Jan 2012 17:15

I could dress up as a trap if that would count as being a woman.
ToastbeardERS03:
23:32:35 <natsukashi> I played this for my mom
23:32:48 <J4CKL3-4PP> "now I'm an orphan"
natsukashi

Postby Circuitfry » 13 Jan 2012 17:28

This would be a good place to say "I like the idea"

If you want to HELP WITH THE CAUSE, please go here:

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1389
Viricide wrote:Thanks Obama. Or should I say Cirbama.

\
Circuitfry

Primary: LMMS
Cutie Mark: {;}

Postby ThatSonofaMitch » 13 Jan 2012 17:35

We need D.notive to come to this in his Vinyl Scratch suit.
ThatSonofaMitch

Postby Freewave » 13 Jan 2012 17:42

natsukashi wrote:I could dress up as a trap if that would count as being a woman.

i guess its better than nothing. i'm sure with the male cosplayers there there may have been a few :o :shock: i'm sure. tbh that's my most cringeworthy part of bronycon. (sorry cosplayers)
Last edited by Freewave on 13 Jan 2012 18:02, edited 1 time in total.
Freewave

Postby Interrobang Pie » 13 Jan 2012 17:44

I AM THE 314th PERSON TO RSVP HAR HAR HAR
A great man wrote:Circuitfry: fries circuits of this whole topic, one at a time (I know that's not how servers work, but Puns work all the time)
Interrobang Pie

Postby Navron » 14 Jan 2012 10:09

Assuming I don't have any workups scheduled at the time of bronycon, I'll be driving on my own funds from southeast Virginia, if anybody in that area would like to carpool.
DAW: Cubase 6.5, Ableton Live 8
Preferred Genre: Industrial/Trance
Hardware: Schecter Diamond Series Bass, Yamaha Acoustic Guitar, BP355 Effects Pedal, Keystudio 49K Keyboard, Akai APC40, Korg nanoKEY2 25k Keyboard
Navron
Global Moderator

Primary: Cubase 6.5

Postby ArtAttack » 15 Jan 2012 15:19

If I could convince my parents, I could carpool with D.Notive and Myth, and contribute a decent sum of money.
Name: Sam
DAW: FL Studio 10
Genre: French Electro, Electro House, Complextro, Dubstep
Current Projects:
SECOND ALBUM
BALLOON PARTY: Tourniqakes
Lots of remixes omg
ArtAttack

Primary: Not yet specified.
Cutie Mark: idiot mark

Postby Aussie » 15 Jan 2012 20:14

If this whole thing works out and like 80% of MLR is going to BroNYCon, it's only gonna make me feel WORSE, because there's no way I'll be able to go. ;-;
Aussie

Postby Freewave » 17 Jan 2012 16:20

Aussie wrote:If this whole thing works out and like 80% of MLR is going to BroNYCon, it's only gonna make me feel WORSE, because there's no way I'll be able to go. ;-;

awww, tbh i don't think it will be that close. it would be great to get a lot of people out there but many people are too far away and this is too expensive for most. still if people can start saving now, and its a bigger venus, there's a good chance for more representation and an even better convention this time.
Freewave

Postby Evdog » 19 Jan 2012 07:52

Well, I'm still figuring out how to get myself to the Sydney Bronycon in 2013, let alone everyone to the American one this year. Sorry that I can't really help...

And I know this is a bit off topic, but does anyone know any other Australian Brony musicians? As far as I know, i'm the only one. :(
[YOUTUBE], [SOUNDCLOUD], [FACEBOOK], [EVDOGMUSIC.COM]
Multigenre singer, Multigenre songwriter, Multigenre producer & Multi-instrumentalist
Evdog

Primary: Presonus Studio One
Cutie Mark: (is a Diamond Dog)

Postby Freewave » 19 Jan 2012 14:29

Evdog wrote:And I know this is a bit off topic, but does anyone know any other Australian Brony musicians? As far as I know, i'm the only one. :(

Several actually (including Dr.Dissonance & Stormwolf). You are not alone!
Freewave

Postby Apex » 20 Jan 2012 20:07

natsukashi wrote:I could dress up as a trap if that would count as being a woman.

Me too! I can also bring females, provided a car is obtained.
Apex

Postby F3nning » 02 Feb 2012 20:58

I've already got a plane ticket, and a hotel booked, but I'd love to party it up with you guys once you get down there, and maybe bring some DJ'ing equipment (if I can find any XD).
F3nning

Postby Anorax » 24 Mar 2012 19:06

is their any solid planning for this yet?
DAW: Mixcraft 6
3rd Party VSTs: Alien 303 Bass Synthesizer, Various Angular Momentum Products, Artemis, Combo Organ Models V+F, Daedalus, iloSynth1, Impuse, Messiah, MinimogueVA, oxytocin, P8, various Togu Audio Line products, Synth1, TS-Substance, VB3 Organ
Youtube
Soundcloud
Anorax

Postby Freewave » 25 Mar 2012 06:59

From what I've seen I haven't heard any realistic discussions on any planning on MLR in terms of which hotels, meetups, after parties, for bronycon. Maybe people are doing that individually but i thought that was the whole point of group planning and balloon party.

So all i have to give for you is a video to get you excited.

I really hope that people start communicating out plans better so people who want to go CAN w/o having to do it by themselves as that will be much harder.
Freewave

Postby MiuMiuChuu » 05 Apr 2012 21:29

Personally:
It's in July. I don't have enough time to collect money.
And my parents will like look at me with confusion unless I (probably) make a credible proposal and show it to them. I think it's 18 hours from Jakarta to US if I'm not mistaken.
And accommodation. I have no one there too. My best friend is in the US but she's in DC. I could ask for help but I don't know.
And the visa application will take soooooo looooooong to be approved.

I like the idea, but I don't think we can execute the plan for this BronyCon. Maybe we start now for the next after this one?

But seriously, I wanna go...
It's lonely being a brony here in Singapore, or Indonesia for that matter. *dramatic single tear*
MiuMiuChuu

Primary: Not yet specified.
Cutie Mark: Weird kind

Return to Challenges, Contests, and Events