PINKAMENA PARTY 10: 10 YEARS OF BUCKING SHIT UP (REMIXES!!!)

Current events we're participating in.

PINKAMENA PARTY 10: 10 YEARS OF BUCKING SHIT UP (REMIXES!!!)

Postby Supersaw Hoover » 19 May 2022 20:43

In August 2012, the first Pinkamena Party album was released, accidentally titled LET'S BUCK SHIT UP.

In August 2022, we release the 11th* main PP album and 25th album overall to mark 10 years of crazy music for crazy ponies.
*yeah, remember that whole "3.5" nonsense in 2015? Messed up the numbering in a lovely way!

And we're doing it in a really fun way: THIS IS A REMIXES ALBUM, where every entry is a remix of a song from ANY previous Pinkamena Party album!

So that said REMIXES and STEMS. Let's talk REMIXES first, because that's the main thing here!

REMIXES

We are looking for remixes in the usual spread of Pinkamena Party genres (hardcore, breakcore, speedcore, weird stuff, punk, metal, etc. etc. as long as it's wild music) of anything* that was released on Pinkamena Party before. That means ANYTHING that you can find on the PP Bandcamp currently. If you need a refresher:
https://pinkamenaparty.bandcamp.com/music

There's an asterisk next to "anything" in the previous paragraph for this reason: we have emailed pretty much anyone who has submitted in the past a call for not only remixes but the stems or whatever approaches that for their tracks to be available on request, AND that they say if they definitely don't want anything of theirs remixed. If you did not get the email, and you have a track on a past Pinkamena Party that you either want to supply stems for OR blacklist from remixing, PLEASE contact me either on here (PM) or on Discord, Discord preferable (you can find me through the Pinkamena Party Discord, link at the end of this post). The blacklist, if it even ends up existing, will be a readily-available spreadsheet or pinned post in the Discord (see below for Discord link).

It should go without saying that we will, as always, not condone hateful, bigoted, etc. etc. material in these remixes, which should be pretty easy because you're remixing stuff that was okay in the first place. Also, this is all in good spirits, so please don't uh...hate-remix something. You should be remixing something because you LIKE it!

We will accept both "proper" remixes if stems are provided and also "bootleg" remixes if they are not. But they should be meaningfully remixed! We reserve the right to reject "remixes" that are just the entire original track with an added thing on it or something. That's not a remix, that's an edit!

STEMS

So you want to help out by submitting stems! There's two ways of going about this:

1. Make yourself available to anyone who wants to contact you for particular stems (useful if it isn't a very straightforward thing to do, or you think there is a low likelihood that someone might remix your stuff...you never know!), and get in contact with one of the PP Team (me, Cii, Kakofonous A. Dischord) and say how you would like to be contacted if someone wants to remix your track. We can add it to a spreadsheet or something that we'll have pinned in the Discord and here also eventually once it actually has data.

2. Upload stems and give us the link. This doesn't guarantee your track(s) will be remixed, but at least we'll have them just in case! If you do this, just contact one of the PP Team (see above) and send us the link and what song it is, and we'll add it to that same spreadsheet that doesn't exist yet but will.

DEADLINE AND SUBMISSION

Deadline for remixes is August 22nd.
Please submit a WAV to pinkamenaparty at gmail dot com with the filename in the following format:
Code: Select all
Original Artist - Original Song Title (Your Artist Name Remix).wav

You can get silly with the parenthetical part as long as it includes your artist name in it, and something indicating it is, indeed, a remix.
Also, multiple entries will be accepted!...but we might just pick the best two or three if you end up sending way too many.

The very best way to be fully in the know about this album project as it progresses is being in the Pinkamena Party Discord server! Seriously, it's a good idea to join, especially with the logistics inherent to this one in particular.
https://discord.gg/CZZUcDZEnU

We hope you'll join us in making this a really huge deal! 10 years! That's nuts! More nuts than the squirrel album! Maybe we can make this the biggest Pinkamena Party album yet!...or at least the longest.

-Pinkamena Party Team
Supersaw Hoover

Re: PINKAMENA PARTY 10: 10 YEARS OF BUCKING SHIT UP (REMIXES

Postby KakofonousADischord » 19 May 2022 22:32

how exciting. i look forward to working on this album with y'all! :grin:
my personal website: https://kakofono.us/
follow me on the tweets: http://twitter.com/evol_intheory
i help run Pinkamena Party, the longest continually running MLP fan music compilation.
listen to our albums here:https://pinkamenaparty.bandcamp.com/
KakofonousADischord

Primary: Ableton Live 11 Suite
Cutie Mark: A Broken Record

Postby MixMastaCopyCat » 19 May 2022 23:47

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Talk to me on Discord if you have any questions or concerns.
Discord name - MixMastaCopyCat#2012
MixMastaCopyCat
Site Admin

Primary: Ableton Live 9
Cutie Mark: Sam Koller

Postby ExoBassTix » 20 May 2022 05:56

10 YEARS
will give you such a crick in the neck!
Collecting dust...

Dieselminded drifter dodging delirium in daunting dreamscapes.
ExoBassTix

Primary: FL Studio 20
Cutie Mark: a crystal waterphone

Postby FLAOFEI » 20 May 2022 10:26

Hi. I just wanna say...

HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHeckin heck this is a good comunity to be part of!
Thanks for the past 10 years, and let's BUCK THAT SHIT UP!
)>-<)))^*> Sharkpon4srs
https://soundcloud.com/flaofei/brothel-king
Rainbow Dash lives on SOUNDCLOUD; Big Mac posts on Eeyyuptube; Twilight is a BOOKfACE; Octavia went to BandCamp! And Derpy has bad balance, you could say she TUMBLrING
ImageOMG POLKA PLOT!!! BEST ALBUM IN THE HISTORY OF POLKACORE!!!
FLAOFEI

Primary: Fruit Loops 10
Cutie Mark: POLKA PLOT

Postby Fetlocked » 20 May 2022 13:12

Woooooooooooooooo!!!

Revive MLR plz
Fetlocked

Primary: FL Studio
Cutie Mark: Blank in the Flank

Postby drwasup » 25 May 2022 15:21

Excited for this one, I'll have to break out my old laptop to see if I got any older stems.
drwasup

Primary: FL Studio
Cutie Mark: Distortion

Return to Challenges, Contests, and Events