Equestrian March (March Album)

Current events we're participating in.

Equestrian March (March Album)

Postby dapifubuzu » 29 Sep 2013 15:35

Hello, musicians!

It's came to my attention that we musicians have pretty much covered every genre. Well, almost.

Where's the march music?

That's where you come in. What I want to do is make an album dedicated to march music.

RULES / INFO:
1. If you didn't read, march music is accepted. May it be energetic, mysterious, even happy. Any emotion is accepted.

2. Minimum is two minutes. There is no specified maximum, but make sure your song is at a reasonable length.

3. Solos are greatly appreciated and aren't required to be in the album.

4. Chants, voice samples / recordings and others of the sort are accepted.

5. Your song can be non-pony too!

6. Submit your song to my email ([email protected]) or upload it on SoundCloud or something of the sort. Make sure the download option is OFF.

7. Send in submissions by November 30. That's about a month. (May be pushed to another date if submissions are low.).

8. This album will be FREE on Bandcamp. Release date hasn't been specified yet.

9. Have fun!

If anyone would like to make cover art, please link me to an art page (deviantArt, especially).

Hope to see your submissions!
Last edited by dapifubuzu on 26 Oct 2013 17:28, edited 5 times in total.
dapifubuzu

Primary: Is MuseScore a DAW?
Cutie Mark: VG Controller and a note.

Re: Pony Parade (March Album)

Postby Mr. Bigglesworth » 29 Sep 2013 17:00

I won't participate, but some pointers if you will.

No vocals - plently of marching bands have chants and that makes this redundant.
And
"the only judge is me!"
Mistake. Have at least 5 people or your album will be pretty average qualty.
I'm not here anymore, but if you want you can still just call me Mr. BigBagelBoggle!

Sound
Face
You
Mr. Bigglesworth

Primary: FL Studio
Cutie Mark: My own ass

Postby dapifubuzu » 29 Sep 2013 18:53

Mr. Bigglesworth wrote:I won't participate, but some pointers if you will.

No vocals - plently of marching bands have chants and that makes this redundant.
And
"the only judge is me!"
Mistake. Have at least 5 people or your album will be pretty average qualty.

Thanks. It's always good to get advice or pointers so you can improve or fix things, in case you do it again, which I probably won't. Since this is my first time, I knew this wouldn't have been perfect. Again, thanks. I'll see what I can do to make it better.
dapifubuzu

Postby MilesTiden » 29 Sep 2013 21:19

Aww. It's a shame this is on hiatus. Marches are hella fun, and I have a couple unfinished ones I could top up for this, whenever it returns from hiatus. Also, I love the pit shoutout (seeing as I play pit for my band), but there are many styles of march which are incompatible with pit. Parade marches and field marches rarely use any, and when they it's pretty much purely the marching glockenspiel. You see other things in concert marches, depending on the style, but it tends to be focused on the timpani if anything. About the only marches I know with a very prominent mallet percussion part are Xerxes and The Liberty Bell March. Anyways, I will definitely be keeping an eye on this.
MilesTiden

Primary: Not really
Cutie Mark: Nope

Postby dapifubuzu » 01 Oct 2013 17:51

MilesTiden wrote:Aww. It's a shame this is on hiatus. Marches are hella fun, and I have a couple unfinished ones I could top up for this, whenever it returns from hiatus. Also, I love the pit shoutout (seeing as I play pit for my band), but there are many styles of march which are incompatible with pit. Parade marches and field marches rarely use any, and when they it's pretty much purely the marching glockenspiel. You see other things in concert marches, depending on the style, but it tends to be focused on the timpani if anything. About the only marches I know with a very prominent mallet percussion part are Xerxes and The Liberty Bell March. Anyways, I will definitely be keeping an eye on this.

It's back on!
dapifubuzu

Postby FLAOFEI » 08 Oct 2013 15:34

Ok, a few things.
1. The name. I believe pony parade is the name of a clop comic book. It may have been "PoniParade" but this projects name is a bit close, might wanna change it. Pony March perhaps?
2. I like the idea, I like marching music, and I can play some snare rudiments, so I would love to do this. However, I am mostly an electronic producer, and I am very fond of sampling and glitching stuff... Would you haye me if I use short samples of old vinyls, lets say one with recorded at a concert with the royal swedish armys music division from 82, and other such sources very unlikley to result in law suits, and mixed that in with some new stuff and glitched it up just a bit... Would you hate me? I could try to keep it all sounding realistic, but if it is alowed I would probably add some unrealistic elements. I want to know how free I would be in this aspect.
3. The deadline. I doubt I could finish this in 20 days, so do you have enough submisions to do without me or would you extend the deadline? You don't have to extend if you arent to low on submisions though. My entery would probably just end up being rejected in that case.

Edit: As a note on point 2, I can make 'real' music, not just electronic. So I might still concider contributing even I'm limited to the sounds of real life instruments.
)>-<)))^*> Sharkpon4srs
https://soundcloud.com/flaofei/brothel-king
Rainbow Dash lives on SOUNDCLOUD; Big Mac posts on Eeyyuptube; Twilight is a BOOKfACE; Octavia went to BandCamp! And Derpy has bad balance, you could say she TUMBLrING
ImageOMG POLKA PLOT!!! BEST ALBUM IN THE HISTORY OF POLKACORE!!!
FLAOFEI

Primary: Fruit Loops 10
Cutie Mark: POLKA PLOT

Postby dapifubuzu » 08 Oct 2013 16:30

FLAOFEI wrote:Ok, a few things.
1. The name. I believe pony parade is the name of a clop comic book. It may have been "PoniParade" but this projects name is a bit close, might wanna change it. Pony March perhaps?
2. I like the idea, I like marching music, and I can play some snare rudiments, so I would love to do this. However, I am mostly an electronic producer, and I am very fond of sampling and glitching stuff... Would you haye me if I use short samples of old vinyls, lets say one with recorded at a concert with the royal swedish armys music division from 82, and other such sources very unlikley to result in law suits, and mixed that in with some new stuff and glitched it up just a bit... Would you hate me? I could try to keep it all sounding realistic, but if it is alowed I would probably add some unrealistic elements. I want to know how free I would be in this aspect.
3. The deadline. I doubt I could finish this in 20 days, so do you have enough submisions to do without me or would you extend the deadline? You don't have to extend if you arent to low on submisions though. My entery would probably just end up being rejected in that case.

Edit: As a note on point 2, I can make 'real' music, not just electronic. So I might still concider contributing even I'm limited to the sounds of real life instruments.

1. It is? Wow, I'm changing this right away.

2. I pretty much appreciate all music, so I won't hate u if you some synths. But, I'd appreciate it if you made it and the "old vinyls" concept i can allow you to use. Heck, some marching bands use voice recordings! I don't know if i can accept it if you mix the two (edm + march).

3. I'll definitely extend the date if submissions are low. Probably to the week of Thanksgiving.

Thanks for asking! Hope to see your submission!
dapifubuzu

Return to Challenges, Contests, and Events