video games

This is the place for off-topic game threads and also video game discussions.

Re: video games

Postby Katskratch » 20 Aug 2013 09:32

Full on nostalgia train for WoW here as well, I remember how horrifically bad I used to be at that game when I first started. I think it took me upwards of a year just to get a level 40 character (a Warlock, which probably wasn't the best call in the first place) who was constantly broke despite me being so stingy I'd even refuse to use flight points at times, all this in spite of having all the time in the world to play since I had no life outside of school. In my defense, I was ten at the time.

After that travesty I got through every expansion up to Pandaria, though I think my highest point in terms of progression was an 80 DK (shoot me, I know) trying to get into end game content in WOTLK. I RPed quite a bit as well, though to be honest most RPers in WoW suck ass, and eventually I gave up with Pandaria because I just wasn't feeling it anymore. The RP was bad, the grinding and questing was only marginally interesting (especially since I used the wiki to spoil myself on all the lore coming in), and I didn't have the time to raid even with all the casual friendliness they added to it. My drug of choice now is LoL.
Katskratch

Primary: A DAW
Cutie Mark: Electro House

Postby Nine Volt » 20 Aug 2013 09:38

PYR3LIGHT wrote:Also 9v, I beat Capra Demon first try, what was the problem? '~'

Did you beat him blind? If so then you're either incredibly lucky or are overleveled/using the Drake Sword. If you knew what to do than that's not actually that unusual. I don't find Capra difficult anymore, as I'm both much more skilled now and know the standard strategy.

The thing that generally makes Capra tough in the first fight is the poison dogs in his arena - if they weren't there then Capra would be quite easy. That coupled with the fact that his arena is so small allows them to stunlock you so that Capra can kill you, which renders the fight difficult for some people.

Might just be one of those things where a lot of people find it really difficult but a lot don't, like the Bed of Chaos. I killed it blind in 3 tries, but I've heard horror stories about people dying ten or twenty times on the thing. Or like the Four Kings.

There are actually more Capra Demons later in the game as regular enemies (that respawn), but they are very easy due to how late-game they are and how they're alone (except for a hallway which has 5 Capras). The Taurus Demon enemies are somewhat easy as well.
Nine Volt

Postby S.P.P » 20 Aug 2013 10:41

Yeah I beat him blind. I think I have a little bit of an advantage due to having been raid tank on WoW for years. Taught me basic mechanics, how to handle adds, positioning, etc. anyways, gaping dragon gave me hassle, but only because I was uber tired when attempting him. I died 3 times lastnight, went to bed, then did it first try today. Also, fuck blighttown's framerate ..

We should rename this thread to the DkS / WoW circle jerk. :3
S.P.P

Primary: FL Studio, Ableton, Pro Tools

Postby Nine Volt » 20 Aug 2013 10:48

PYR3LIGHT wrote:Yeah I beat him blind. I think I have a little bit of an advantage due to having been raid tank on WoW for years. Taught me basic mechanics, how to handle adds, positioning, etc. anyways, gaping dragon gave me hassle, but only because I was uber tired when attempting him. I died 3 times lastnight, went to bed, then did it first try today. Also, fuck blighttown's framerate ..

We should rename this thread to the DkS / WoW circle jerk. :3

Gaping Dragon is actually quite an easy fight once you know his moves. But yeah, fuck Blighttown's framerate issues. I absolutely love the level design, but the framerate sucks.

Oh yeah, did you get any NPC invaders yet? If you missed Kirk in the Depths, you can't get her armor as she will not invade you the other two times she is supposed to (and yes, Kirk is female). There's one in Blighttown, so watch out for that and become human if you're not already.
Nine Volt

Postby S.P.P » 20 Aug 2013 10:54

I haven't had any invaders at all. And I'm having trouble getting to Blighttown. The place is a damned maze. :3
S.P.P

Postby Nine Volt » 20 Aug 2013 11:15

PYR3LIGHT wrote:I haven't had any invaders at all. And I'm having trouble getting to Blighttown. The place is a damned maze. :3

You can only be invaded (by both NPCs and other people) while you're human, and NPC invaders give both a decent amount of humanity as well as unique items (and once you kill some of them their armor sets will appear on a corpse too), so I think it's worth it to kill them as much as possible. So once you get down to the Blighttown swamp, go to the bonfire down there and turn human so you can be invaded by the NPC. She's not too tough, but killing her will let you summon her for the boss if you have trouble (Quelaag is a fairly difficult boss especially if you don't have a fire-resistant shield, as the damage will bleed through with each hit. She is also quite fast and aggressive. But at the rate you're going you shouldn't have much trouble :smile: ).

Then again, I'm the type of guy who likes to collect every item in the game, especially the unique ones.
Nine Volt

Postby itroitnyah » 20 Aug 2013 12:51

PYR3LIGHT wrote:Oh God, stop! The feels! I remember the feeling of being a noob just wandering around, seeing the level 60's just chillin' being all badass and shit and wanting all their gear. Bad luck starting where you were though, AQ40 was great way back then. The first thing that springs to mind when I think back is Barrens chat. Barrens. Chat. man those were the days ^-^
Word of warning if you are gonna start playing again, everything's changed and stuffs been dumbed down a helluva lot. Something never change though, like unhelpful people and trolling in /2 :T
Yeah, I played all the way through some of Cata, getting a dk to level 85 and then just doing pvp a ton. I eventually twinked out a hunter with full heirloom gear and enchantments. Shit was so cash, I would hit 1,000+ health at level 19. And then I made a whole line of twinks, once my hunter sorta died down at around ~40. I had a pally, rogue, priest... I think a lot of why I want to start playing again is to get to lvl 90 on a main character and then dominate the battlegrounds with twinks. Pvp was so much fun.

But I still know what's going on since my dad still plays, with Jaina Proudmoore or whatever mad as hell at Garrosh (god I can't spell their names for hell) and the only race that is, in the lore, considered "Horde" are the orcs, and so the other races and alliance races are teaming up to bring him down. Which reminds me, I still remember when the trolls shared a starting zone with the orcs :3
Image Image I am no longer an active member. here
My studio: [List of equipment]
itroitnyah

Primary: FL Studio 11
Cutie Mark: Blank flank

Postby S.P.P » 20 Aug 2013 13:29

Itroitnyah wrote:dk

Druid master race.

Edit: Druid is a class so .. NElf master race. Druid is still best class though. :3
Edit2: PvP is awful, PvE raids all the way.
S.P.P

Postby itroitnyah » 20 Aug 2013 22:30

PvP is my life on WoW. I love it so much. PvE can be fun as well, though. Shame that it takes so long to organize raids and get them going. It can be frustrating. Of course, the last time I played was me on my family computer and I had a sorta time limit when I would have to share the computer, and that sorta made doing raids hard. Never got very far. But whatever. Maybe with my own computer and more time on my hands I'll be able to do PvE more.

Btw, downloading WoW right now :D 21.5gb left to go
itroitnyah

Postby itroitnyah » 20 Aug 2013 23:49

Alright, I'm having problems trying to download WoW. I downloaded the client .exe thing required to install the game, opened that up, it ran just fine and started to install WoW. Meanwhile, I decided to browse reddit, and suddenly my internet connection crashed and for some reason my computer wasn't detecting my adapter. I restarted my computer, did some troubleshooting and it detected my adapter, and I tried to install WoW again. It crashed, and so I restarted again, it managed to find the adapter, and now I'm running into this problem, where whenever I try to download WoW, it just gets stuck on this "Checking for Updates" screen thing:

I'm going to try deleting all files relating to WoW that are currently on my computer and then try redownloading the client, hopefully that helps. Anybody know a better solution?
itroitnyah

Postby S.P.P » 21 Aug 2013 04:14

I had that problem. Try deleting any previous temp files and continuing. If that won't work, try running the tool thing (icon looks like a wrench). If it's still not working.. Well you'd have to go buy the disc and give the CDKeys to a friend .. :/
S.P.P

Postby itroitnyah » 21 Aug 2013 07:13

Well I got the download working and it's all downloaded. I got the problem solved last night, but once the download started I didn't want to chance going back on here to edit my post, so I just went to bed. It appears that my internet may be a bit flakey, but I'm hoping it's not a serious problem. If it is, I may decide to just go out and buy a new internet adapter
itroitnyah

Postby Mr. Bigglesworth » 21 Aug 2013 20:23

I actually really dislike MMORPG's like WoW. I've tried them, but they haven't really gotten me interested.

Also paying monthly to play a game is something I'd never do.
I'm not here anymore, but if you want you can still just call me Mr. BigBagelBoggle!

Sound
Face
You
Mr. Bigglesworth

Primary: FL Studio
Cutie Mark: My own ass

Postby itroitnyah » 21 Aug 2013 22:27

Sorta like how I don't often enjoy games like Starcraft, LoL, Diablo... Funny though, because I enjoy Age of Empires and Sid Meyer's Civilization, haha.
itroitnyah

Postby simonli2575 » 22 Aug 2013 12:09

2 new games have been added to Humble Origin Bundle. If you've previously bought one, go to your page and redeem it like you would.
http://soundcloud.com/simonli2575
My YouTube channel
Steam profile
Software: FL Studio, Z3ta+2 & Massive
Hardware: Roland 800-Pro and a computer
Genres: Drum 'n' Bass and occasionally Jungle
Genres I want to try out: Dubstep, Breakcore, Hardstyle and Trap
Alycs made my new avatar. \o/
simonli2575

Cutie Mark: Why are you staring at my ass

Postby Acsii » 26 Aug 2013 17:24

Been playing this recently http://www.verdungame.com
20 something Transgirl that makes sounds called music
Soundcloud | Facebook | Bandcamp | Blog
Placing my tongue on the GR meter to taste the gain reduction I some how improved my skills.
Acsii

Primary: Logic Pro X
Cutie Mark: Old round oscilloscope

Postby itroitnyah » 26 Aug 2013 21:27

That game looks pretty awesome.
itroitnyah

Postby Acsii » 26 Aug 2013 23:35

It is... It's so awesome I've been playing it all day
20 something Transgirl that makes sounds called music
Soundcloud | Facebook | Bandcamp | Blog
Placing my tongue on the GR meter to taste the gain reduction I some how improved my skills.
Acsii

Primary: Logic Pro X
Cutie Mark: Old round oscilloscope

Postby S.P.P » 27 Aug 2013 01:48

New CoD zombies map drops in about an hour or so.

I am excite.
S.P.P

Postby simonli2575 » 27 Aug 2013 02:08

CoD is so repetitive.
http://soundcloud.com/simonli2575
My YouTube channel
Steam profile
Software: FL Studio, Z3ta+2 & Massive
Hardware: Roland 800-Pro and a computer
Genres: Drum 'n' Bass and occasionally Jungle
Genres I want to try out: Dubstep, Breakcore, Hardstyle and Trap
Alycs made my new avatar. \o/
simonli2575

Cutie Mark: Why are you staring at my ass

Postby S.P.P » 27 Aug 2013 02:27

I only really play it now for the zombies.
S.P.P

Postby S.P.P » 27 Aug 2013 15:46

Holt tits this map is awesome! Words cannot even explain!
S.P.P

Postby S.P.P » 02 Sep 2013 17:14

I bought Tomb Raider today (because it was pretty cheap at £20 from Xbox Marketplace), and it's actually damn awesome. It does a nice job of capturing what was great about the original Lara Croft game; which is needed after the flurry of mediocre Lara Croft games that followed. The gameplay is pretty fun, controls work well, it's suspenseful, and it makes you want to go exploring for stuff as it may reward you with things like weapon upgrades. Also, the graphics are seeexxyyyyy.

All in all 9/10 would bang Lara..
S.P.P

Postby PropellerEscape » 02 Sep 2013 19:01

OH MY GOD RAYMAN ORIGINS IS SO GOOD WHY DID I FORGET ABOUT THIS GAME FOR SO LONG?
Seriously, if you want a co-op game, this shit is hilarious.
Oh and the single player's great too :lol:
DAW - FL Studio 11

Main VSTs - Harmor, Harmless, Massive, Sytrus and FM8

My Main SoundCloud
My Experimental Soundcloud

Add me on Skype - PropellerEscapeMusic
PropellerEscape

Primary: Flel Studio 11.
Cutie Mark: Synth of Lel

Postby caprixsnare » 02 Sep 2013 19:17

all these games i want but will never get T^T (i dont like to spend money under any condition )
all of my love!
steam http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198055537208/
my crappy soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/ram-panter
my lastfm:http://www.last.fm/home

Am I the only person dumb enough to make hardcore on reason?
caprixsnare

Primary: reason 6.5
Cutie Mark: a flank with flank

PreviousNext

Return to Games