video games

This is the place for off-topic game threads and also video game discussions.

Re: video games

Postby Facade » 25 Jul 2013 21:52

people add me on xbl plz :c

petfood56
https://facadeofages.bandcamp.com/album ... o-the-dark
Spoiler Quotes:
DerpyGrooves wrote:The secret to a good song has everything to do with the relationship of the verse and the chorus to one another

ONEHOODASSPONY wrote:Image
Facade

Primary: Fl11 + Lsdj
Cutie Mark: None

Postby Mr. Bigglesworth » 27 Jul 2013 05:59

Mr. Bigglesworth wrote:Before I get started - I don't like online multiplayer very much. I'm more into single player games - I tend to play games when I just want some me time, y'know?

Games I loved: 

Oddworld - all of them. They have such great atmosphere. 

Left 4 Dead 2 - Silly zombie killing fun, probably the only game I actively play online. 

Skyrim - it's good for some time filler, I'm still finding new quests to do. 

Super Mario Brother 3 - my childhood in a nutshell! 

Pokemon Blue - Even though I really dislike pokemon as it is nowadays, I used to love it. But to be honest it's just utter shit now. Blue was still a great game though :3

Fable: The lost chapters - I just kinda implicitly love this game.

Fable 2 - it was at least decent. Not a whole lot of replay value like TLC had, but still good.

The Half Life Series - The sountrack, the visuals, the characters, the story, the setting, the creature design. These games have a lot of really good things in my opinion. Sure Half Life 1 hasn't aged so great, but half life 2 and the episodes still stand up very nicely. Plus; GORDON MOTHERFUCKING FREEMAN.

Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas - in my opinion, this was the best in the series. 4 was just boring in my eyes, but I never get tired of San Andreas. 

The Saints Row Series: yeah I don't think I have to say much. They're silly and fun to play. S'all you need to know :3 

Games That I utterly hated.

Bulletstorm - Dick jokes, stereotypical male lead, stereotypical sexy badass female lead, gimmicky gameplay mechanics that you never use unless the game makes you do it. On top of that, nothing interesting happens. Sure they do big ol things that are meant to be cool...but they kinda just..aren't. 

Fable 3 - Boring, predictable 2 way choices, save the kingdom from evil by making thousands of pies (I actually did this). You just finished Fable 3. 

Gears of War - "I AM BIG MAN WITH BIG MAN GUN WHO FIGHT BIG MAN WAR WITH OTHER BIG MEN." Thats what I got from these games. And yes, I played all of them. In Number 3, I had gotten fed up with marcus fenix within the first mission, I found some solace in switching to another character BUT THEN I GOT FED UP WITH THAT ONE.  

Those are my picks. Don't hate my opinions please 3:

I'll add a few more games I like (I don't have any more that I hate :/) 

Red Dead Redemtion (+undead nightmare): I names my horse Falconfucker and was a cowboy. Nuff said. 

Civilization Revolution: I kinda play this as a 'nuthin-ta-dew' game, but playing as Mahatma Ghandi who wages war on everyone and has advisors who speak gibberish is entertaining to at least MY sense of humor. 

Call of Duty: Black Ops 1 and 2 (but only for the zombies): I like zombies. Despite that I really hate CoD, some mindless zombie shooting fun with some cool powerups is good. I used to play it quite a lot with my step brother, we got to the point where surviving past level 50 was pretty standard. 

The Jak and Daxter games (minus Jak X and Lost Frontier): I hear a lot of people say Jak 2 ruined the series, but honestly I enjoyed all of the Jak games, the platforming in all of them is solid, the gunplay in 2 and 3 is still pretty gratifying to me and I like the story. 

Sheep Dog 'n' Wolf: one of the old Looney Tunes games. Probably one of my favorite games of all time. When I first got this game, I was 4 years old and didn't know what the fuck to do - so I walked off cliffs because I thought it was hilarious. It's entertaining though. 

Further into the Oddworld Series...

Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee: Lorne Lanning is one of my idols. He has a great way of looking at platform gameplay, in that you're meant to feel responsible for the character you play as. Which holds true for Abe's Oddysee, because this game makes me panic. The creature design is something to behold too, they have a unique look to them. That and the obvious story, gameplay and lore being all around awesome. As a little sidenote; the soundtrack to Munch's Oddysee is really damn cool. Very acidy and ravey. Me like : D

The Dead Rising Series: I mentioned that I like zombies, this shouldn't be surprising. Kinda sucks that DR3 is gonna be an Xbone exclusive seeing as I'm not buying one. 

Spyro: Gateway To Glimmer: another Ps1 game from my childhood. I'm a big pile of jiggly nostalgia. Some of the voice acting was a bit dodgy (Hunter you condescending asshole...), but voiceacting done actively in games was still kinda new, most of the time it was still scrolling text and a looped animation of the speaker moving his/her arms. But yeah, rambling aside it's a good game that you should, like, play or something. 

And to pad this out - some games I really don't get. 

Assassins Creed (all of them): I got bored pretty quick in every one of these I tried. The gameplay is kinda bland and the fights aren't challenging and full of flashy finishing moves. And the gameplay mechanics of hiding by sitting on a bench or getting in a garden are kinda stupid in my opinion. 

Angry Birds: idk, you throw birds? It's really not very exciting. I don't get the hype behind it. 

MMORPG's in general (example: WoW): yeah I'm just gonna make a monthly payment to slog through arbitrary quests to level up, and you have to get ridiculous amounts to level up later on, which I think is just a lazy way of padding things out. Also I'm not big on online multiplayer in general. So a game specifically meant for it is a little dumb to me. 

Mass Effect: I tried both 1 and 2, and to be perfectly honest they both bored me to death. 

Call of Duty: I only ever play the campaigns of these games, and god damn it gets boring being wheeled from set piece to set piece. 
I'm not here anymore, but if you want you can still just call me Mr. BigBagelBoggle!

Sound
Face
You
Mr. Bigglesworth

Primary: FL Studio
Cutie Mark: My own ass

Postby itroitnyah » 27 Jul 2013 12:11

Mr. Bigglesworth wrote:Call of Duty: Black Ops 1 and 2 (but only for the zombies): I like zombies. Despite that I really hate CoD, some mindless zombie shooting fun with some cool powerups is good. I used to play it quite a lot with my step brother, we got to the point where surviving past level 50 was pretty standard.
Wow, I never really thought I'd hear anybody else say that on the internet. The zombie mode is so much fun on black ops. Of course, me and my friend aren't very good, so getting past level 20 is challenging for us. Just get a good weapon or two from the crate and then run around getting the power up drinks.
Image Image I am no longer an active member. here
My studio: [List of equipment]
itroitnyah

Primary: FL Studio 11
Cutie Mark: Blank flank

Postby Nine Volt » 27 Jul 2013 16:17

I was quite good at Black Ops 1 zombies (less so on Black Ops 2, as I took a large break from Zombies to focus on games like Dark Souls and such); on Kino my highest round I remember was 63 (solo).

Regarding Call of Duty, I really don't think they deserve all the hate they get. The recent ones are all legitimately good games, but the fandom (rather, the vocal minority of it) leaves something to be desired. But I still don't think they should get shit on so much. I mean, they wouldn't have become some of the best selling games of all time if they were shit. I can understand not liking them, but hating on them seems a bit ridiculous to say the least.
Nine Volt

Postby Mr. Bigglesworth » 27 Jul 2013 22:14

Eh, I just find them boring. Hence I dislike them.
I'm not here anymore, but if you want you can still just call me Mr. BigBagelBoggle!

Sound
Face
You
Mr. Bigglesworth

Postby Nine Volt » 27 Jul 2013 22:18

I wasn't referring to you in particular, just people on the internet in general.
Nine Volt

Postby Mr. Bigglesworth » 27 Jul 2013 22:24

I know, I just prefer to make my stance on things clear with this kinda thing :3

Sound
Face
You
Mr. Bigglesworth

Postby itroitnyah » 28 Jul 2013 15:34

I really want to get Sid Meier's Civ VI right now, because it's such an awesome game. I used to play V with my dad and brother every sunday.
itroitnyah

Postby Lying Pink » 28 Jul 2013 16:01

LFP wrote:Ya'll are playing the wrong game
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sluI5OnNOv0
Yes it is an actual game..

Also worth a look -- apparently a sequel's in the works, too. Beyond hyped.
Fnord.
Soundcloud | Tumblr | Skype | YouTube | Email
/)__~
</</
Lying Pink

Primary: Reaper
Cutie Mark: Knees

Postby Nine Volt » 28 Jul 2013 16:02

itroitnyah wrote:I really want to get Sid Meier's Civ VI right now, because it's such an awesome game. I used to play V with my dad and brother every sunday.

Civ VI is not out yet. I assume you meant V and that you used to play IV?
Nine Volt

Postby Nine Volt » 28 Jul 2013 16:02

Also holy fuck A Hat In Time looks amazing.
Nine Volt

Postby itroitnyah » 28 Jul 2013 19:24

Nine Volt wrote:Civ VI is not out yet. I assume you meant V and that you used to play IV?
Yes
itroitnyah

Postby itroitnyah » 30 Jul 2013 10:52

You all are looking at the amount of games simonli has, and I'm browsing along users on steam that have upwards of 1750 games.
itroitnyah

Postby simonli2575 » 30 Jul 2013 11:19

itroitnyah wrote:You all are looking at the amount of games simonli has, and I'm browsing along users on steam that have upwards of 1750 games.

Bitch please, I've seen people with 2000 or so games.
http://soundcloud.com/simonli2575
My YouTube channel
Steam profile
Software: FL Studio, Z3ta+2 & Massive
Hardware: Roland 800-Pro and a computer
Genres: Drum 'n' Bass and occasionally Jungle
Genres I want to try out: Dubstep, Breakcore, Hardstyle and Trap
Alycs made my new avatar. \o/
simonli2575

Cutie Mark: Why are you staring at my ass

Postby simonli2575 » 31 Jul 2013 10:32

http://soundcloud.com/simonli2575
My YouTube channel
Steam profile
Software: FL Studio, Z3ta+2 & Massive
Hardware: Roland 800-Pro and a computer
Genres: Drum 'n' Bass and occasionally Jungle
Genres I want to try out: Dubstep, Breakcore, Hardstyle and Trap
Alycs made my new avatar. \o/
simonli2575

Cutie Mark: Why are you staring at my ass

Postby caprixsnare » 31 Jul 2013 12:25

I just found out that there is gonna be a kingdom hearts game for the p.c. my body is so ready.
all of my love!
steam http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198055537208/
my crappy soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/ram-panter
my lastfm:http://www.last.fm/home

Am I the only person dumb enough to make hardcore on reason?
caprixsnare

Primary: reason 6.5
Cutie Mark: a flank with flank

Postby itroitnyah » 17 Aug 2013 10:45

Ok guys, thread revival

inb4 neeecrrroooo

Me and my dad just had a small little argument about steam, in that he thinks it works like a virus and tracks what we're doing online to decide how to market games to us, or rather me since I'm the only one with steam on my computer, but I think that because I only ever have it open when I'm going to play games, it isn't using much internet connection unless it's doing the little popup window alerting me that this friend is playing this game.

I know that when steam is in use it definitely consumes bandwidth, but I'm doubtful that it actually consumes very much, if any bandwidth at all. My dad claims it does because my little sister was getting pretty big lag on my mom's tablet which she was trying to watch a video on. I'm thinking that it's because there are multiple devices connected to the internet at the same time. Just want to know if anybody knows what's going on better than me.
itroitnyah

Postby caprixsnare » 17 Aug 2013 18:51

itroitnyah wrote:Ok guys, thread revival

inb4 neeecrrroooo

Me and my dad just had a small little argument about steam, in that he thinks it works like a virus and tracks what we're doing online to decide how to market games to us, or rather me since I'm the only one with steam on my computer, but I think that because I only ever have it open when I'm going to play games, it isn't using much internet connection unless it's doing the little popup window alerting me that this friend is playing this game.

I know that when steam is in use it definitely consumes bandwidth, but I'm doubtful that it actually consumes very much, if any bandwidth at all. My dad claims it does because my little sister was getting pretty big lag on my mom's tablet which she was trying to watch a video on. I'm thinking that it's because there are multiple devices connected to the internet at the same time. Just want to know if anybody knows what's going on better than me.

steam isn't a virus but its still kind of a pain i understand that feel steam takes up allot of space its a commercial billboard and it updates like everyday. if you want to use it make sure that your on a desktop/ laptop otherwise you are in for allot of cargo. T^T
all of my love!
steam http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198055537208/
my crappy soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/ram-panter
my lastfm:http://www.last.fm/home

Am I the only person dumb enough to make hardcore on reason?
caprixsnare

Primary: reason 6.5
Cutie Mark: a flank with flank

Postby Jokeblue » 17 Aug 2013 19:47

Ah! Seeing as its necro'd...

I'm not sure weather to get fallout new Vegas or not. I'm currently on my fourth play through of fallout 3 and that games starting to get kinda old, but what's new Vegas like? Is it a better game? Similar experience? Is it worth getting?

What do you think, should I get it? Also, do you guys think they'll make a 5th fallout game?
Youtube || Soundcloud || Skype: Thejokingblue

New song! - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n4lFqkuY5Fg
Jokeblue

Primary: Protools SE
Cutie Mark: Failure

Postby itroitnyah » 17 Aug 2013 22:28

I realized that I didn't specify what I meant very well, lol. I was wondering if it consumes much bandwidth when I have it closed?

steam isn't a virus but its still kind of a pain i understand that feel steam takes up allot of space its a commercial billboard and it updates like everyday. if you want to use it make sure that your on a desktop/ laptop otherwise you are in for allot of cargo. T^T
Steam updating every day hasn't bothered me any. Other people complain about it, but I get about 1.4-1.6mb/s download speeds so it doesn't take much time for me (as I understand most people don't reach above 1mb/s). Also, I've seen people complaining about steam updating their games or something, and people would complain about it being a nightmare to run their games from disks because the game would sync with steam or something. Of course, this thread I read was back in 2010...

Anyways, I just wanna say how much I love steam, even if it does use a lot of bandwidth <3
itroitnyah

Postby Mr. Bigglesworth » 17 Aug 2013 22:29

I forgot I'd bought the Dragonborn DLC for Skyrim.

Word from the stupid (IE; me), don't try that DLC on level 5.

Sound
Face
You
Mr. Bigglesworth

Postby Nine Volt » 17 Aug 2013 22:44

Anyone else play Dark Souls?

I do, and I honestly didn't find it that difficult. Because I feel like bragging, here are my death counts for each boss, in the order I fought them in. I white-texted some potentially spoilery bosses.

Spoiler what I just said:
Asylum Demon - 0 deaths

Taurus Demon - 1 death

Capra Demon - 7 deaths (major stopping point for like 3 weeks - this guy's a bastard)

Gaping Dragon - 1 death

Chaos Witch Quelaag - 0 deaths

Moonlight Butterfly - 1 death

Havel the Rock - 3 deaths

Iron Golem - 0 deaths

Stray Demon - 2 deaths (underestimated him)

Pinwheel - 0 deaths

Hydra - 0 deaths

Crossbreed Priscilla - 0 deaths

Ornstein & Smough - 6 deaths (I'm proud to say I solo'd them without Solaire and killed Smough first ^_^)

Great Grey Wolf Sif - 0 deaths (I saved this guy for way too late, he was a breeze)

Four Kings - 0 deaths

Gravelord Nito - 0 deaths

Hellkite Wyvern - 0 deaths

Black Hydra - 0 deaths

Ceaseless Discharge - 0 deaths

Demon Firesage - 1 death

Centipede Demon - 0 deaths

Bed of Chaos - 3 deaths

I have yet to fight Seath the Scaleless, Dark Sun Gwyndolin, or Gwyn and I don't have the DLC, so yeah. If anyone needs any help with Dark Souls I'm always here. Usually.
Nine Volt

Postby S.P.P » 18 Aug 2013 01:46

Is Dark Souls any good? I was looking at it ..
S.P.P

Primary: FL Studio, Ableton, Pro Tools

Postby Mr. Bigglesworth » 18 Aug 2013 01:49

I'm starting to really love the Steam Workshop. It's already added a bunch of extra content to my Skyrim :D

Sound
Face
You
Mr. Bigglesworth

Postby Nine Volt » 18 Aug 2013 06:19

PYR3LIGHT wrote:Is Dark Souls any good? I was looking at it ..

Oh yeah it's good.

It's widely called "the hardest game ever", but it really isn't that hard if you're patient and get good at the combat. Once you get used to the weird control scheme it's a great game to play - just don't get upset if you die or lose a lot of souls/humanity. Dying is an integral part of the game, and the vast majority of the difficulty is fair.

The only actual issue I've had with the game (on the 360) is framerate issues in some specific areas, which is why Blighttown is so infamously difficult (although unlike most people I actually love Blighttown)
Nine Volt

PreviousNext

Return to Games