Mass Collab Project: Brony Cartel

Do you have a project proposal that should involve music? Looking for collaborations? See if the community would like to help you.
Forum rules
Please be respectful towards musicians who are contemplating whether to help you or not.

Mass Collab Project: Brony Cartel

Postby AgentsofDiscord » 23 Aug 2014 21:15

For a long time I have wanted to do a mass collab project. But, until recently, I never had a good way to go about doing it.

After seeing the success of Remix Wars VIII. I got interested in doing some more work. So once I get my part finished for Legacy of Discord, I am going to start a new Massive Collab Project called "Brony Cartel".

here is the concept: Brony Musicians create and submit stems, loops, oneshots, or Midi files for me to craft songs with. This Project Album, which I plan on Releasing in July of 2015, will Roughly contain 20-26 songs.

Anyone can take part in "Brony Cartel". BUT most of the actual arrangement will be done by me. This is to assure constant quality and flow.

Side A of the Album will be original works created from the Loops and oneshots users create/record and submit.

Side B will be remixes and Revamps of Tracks from around the fandom. The hope is to have at least 10 -14 of these.

As far as how to contribute: here are the Rules:

ALL AUDIO MUST BE IN LOSSLESS FORMAT! PREFERABLY WAV!
1: As far as loops and oneshots, I prefer that artists with a subscriber count of less than 2000 submit these. These numbers stem from both youtube and soundcloud combined. This might change later, but for now, all original songs for the album will be based off of the content of less heard artists in the community.

2: For Midi and Stems:

For artists under 2000 Subs(youtube): Feel Free to submit your stems. Make sure to submit your stems with the Tempo and Key signature on either the file name or the zipfolder name. Plus a link to your original would be cool.

For artists with 2k+ subs on youtube: If in the event that a well known artist wants to join this project and offer stems to a track. I ask that you first post a link to your youtube channel. or just state your interest. I will private message you and check your songs out. If I find a particular track I am interested in remixing on the project, I will Private message you here on MLR about it. This is to keep a bit of secrecy and excitement for the album, because once people see the list of names involved, it will cause hype. I also request that all musicians of this level be flexible with songs that they are willing to offer for remixing. This is meant to be a next level project, and if we continue our recycling of old song remixes, this community will stagnate.

Here is an example of what work I can do with stems provided from multiple musicians and producers:

Project Layout:

Current List of Participants:
Agents of Discord
Julian Moon/JB
Andante Skie
ph00tbag
Freewave
PierceStrine

Release Date: July/August of 2015

QUICK RUNDOWN:

1: You guys Provide me the material. I will work said materials into songs.
2. Anyone can contribute. Provided they follow a few rules.
3 ALL CONTENT should be WAV format. AND have the Tempo and Key Signature in the File name.
Example: AgentsofDiscordSubBass001_C#Maj_125BPM.wav
OR for Stems: have said info at least in the title of the Zip folder.

While I cannot guarantee all submitted content will be used, all the creators of said used content will be listed when the album is released in both a text document and on the youtube uploads (with links to channels and what not).

I am out of town as i write this, so i realize that this is a bit... messy, and as such I apologize for that. hopefully its clear enough for people to get interested.
Last edited by AgentsofDiscord on 29 Aug 2014 16:05, edited 4 times in total.
AgentsofDiscord

Primary: FL Studio 11
Cutie Mark: Breakbeat

Re: Mass Collab Project: Brony Cartel

Postby jsburgh » 24 Aug 2014 17:27

sign me up! i love a good smash up
jsburgh

Primary: Logic X
Cutie Mark: PLAY

Postby Andante Skie » 25 Aug 2014 03:03

Locked, stocked, and ready to rock. Count me in. :D
Andante Skie

Primary: Cakewalk/Music Creator
Cutie Mark: Guitar

Postby PierceStrine » 27 Aug 2014 10:56

Last edited by PierceStrine on 29 Mar 2016 15:17, edited 1 time in total.
PierceStrine

Cutie Mark: Hip-Hop

Postby FLAOFEI » 28 Aug 2014 01:07

Edit: Sorry, posted in the wrong thread :I
Last edited by FLAOFEI on 28 Aug 2014 11:42, edited 1 time in total.
)>-<)))^*> Sharkpon4srs
https://soundcloud.com/flaofei/brothel-king
Rainbow Dash lives on SOUNDCLOUD; Big Mac posts on Eeyyuptube; Twilight is a BOOKfACE; Octavia went to BandCamp! And Derpy has bad balance, you could say she TUMBLrING
ImageOMG POLKA PLOT!!! BEST ALBUM IN THE HISTORY OF POLKACORE!!!
FLAOFEI

Primary: Fruit Loops 10
Cutie Mark: POLKA PLOT

Postby Freewave » 28 Aug 2014 08:54

Well i dont know if I'm already taking part on this or not (with our Freevamped project). Guess add my name in there if i am. :wink:
Links for my music: YouTube, Bandcamp, and Tumblr
Check out the Brony Music Directory and FimMusic. A portal for all pony music
Support the 20+ Musician Maressey Project currently underway.
Freewave

Primary: Fl Studio 10
Cutie Mark: X$X

Postby AgentsofDiscord » 29 Aug 2014 16:04

Geez. I forget to check the thread for two days and LOADS of People are interested! Awesome.

For those who don't have me on skype: Agents of Discord is my skype name, add me to that and I will add you to the project groupchat.
AgentsofDiscord

Postby ganondox » 29 Aug 2014 22:57

Do I need time signature and key? I feel like making an atonal loop with an irregular rhythm.
ganondox

Primary: Garage Band :P
Cutie Mark: Σ

Postby AgentsofDiscord » 31 Aug 2014 14:04

The atonal is ok, but i would like 4/4. If all else fails, make what you want and i will splice it to fit. But I want people to realize that if its too much work to include a loop, i am just going to find something else to fill its role.

Soundscapes/Atonal Stems are fine, try to figure out a key, if you can't no big issue.

Bass/Lead/Melodies: 4/4 time plus key signature MUST be PRESENT!

I encourage people to surf youtube, and look for great clips of audio.

AtubeCatcher is a great ripping program that allows you to rip HD videos as Wav Audio.
AgentsofDiscord

Postby ganondox » 02 Sep 2014 19:39

Okay, one last question, are vocal loops okay?
ganondox

Primary: Garage Band :P
Cutie Mark: Σ

Postby AgentsofDiscord » 04 Sep 2014 10:49

absolutely. just try to have a music key (if you can), and the tempo tagged.
AgentsofDiscord

Return to Pony Fan Project Recruitment