Michael Morones song project

Do you have a project proposal that should involve music? Looking for collaborations? See if the community would like to help you.
Forum rules
Please be respectful towards musicians who are contemplating whether to help you or not.

Michael Morones song project

Postby Kenny Tweek » 05 Feb 2014 05:24

So, i'm new here (hi :v) and I was thinking about this thing some days ago.
The idea: Make a big collaboration song to get more funds to Michael (specially if someone can't donate).
Here's a exemple of what i'm talking about: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UaG-JijAr-c
I do not have more infos I can give, it's just a idea for now... But well, we need only three things: Vocals, instrumental and Bronies. I can do both vocal and part of the instrumental (but if someone want this job, i'll give, 'cause the only thing I play is guitar and bass, and digital drums). If someone want to produce it, it will be better too, i'm not so good yet.

Well, that's all for now, say what do you think and tell me if you want make this happen.
My Skype: Kenny Tweek
Or you can add me on Facebook, same name.
Tell me, what's that thing called "talent"? Do you really think you born with it? Or do you think you learn it with time and dedication?

So yeah, me around the internet.

Youtube (Brony)
Facebook
Soundcloud
Kenny Tweek

Primary: FL Studio
Cutie Mark: Guitar and Vocals

Re: Michael Morones song project

Postby Navron » 05 Feb 2014 11:19

I was thinking about doing something like this. Perhaps a fundraising album with the central theme about the damages of bullying?

I can't organize and run it due to my own responsibilities and time constraints, but I'd love to contribute to something like this.
DAW: Cubase 6.5, Ableton Live 8
Preferred Genre: Industrial/Trance
Hardware: Schecter Diamond Series Bass, Yamaha Acoustic Guitar, BP355 Effects Pedal, Keystudio 49K Keyboard, Akai APC40, Korg nanoKEY2 25k Keyboard
Navron
Global Moderator

Primary: Cubase 6.5

Postby Freewave » 05 Feb 2014 13:58

Initially i was asking those interested in a tribute / fund raising album to look into New Sincerity as a place to perhaps get involved with. But that project closes today and while i've tried to make 1 of my 3 tracks be on that subject of Michael it would be nice for more people to get involved if they want to. While a community album event would be a nice thing to do (especially as a part of an anti-bullying, strength in community message) it would be important that it be organized well, quickly, and likely include some well known talent. There was a 24 hr livestream for Michael that happened the other day with prominant musicians that MLR was not involved with that was the kind of immediate response that is needed. I just have a feeling if someone w/o any experience in what it takes to run one of these tries to get it started it could have marginal success if its even published at all in 2 months.

I have way too many things going on to personally volunteer but i hope there might be someone who certainly could take the lead if they know what they are doing. I wil say instead of sitting around and waiting for people to make such an album or song for you the best thing is to make a song NOW yourself,if you have that capability, and work on getting it ready as soon as possible. Or you can wait to form a collective group to make a single collab song. But make people aware that this happened and point to the existing fund raising in place. It's important to make sure that people can rally to stop bullying or that people are aware that you can turn to other bronies when they are depressed, feeling bullied, or are feeling alone. It would be a shame if we're silent about this occurring.
Links for my music: YouTube, Bandcamp, and Tumblr
Check out the Brony Music Directory and FimMusic. A portal for all pony music
Support the 20+ Musician Maressey Project currently underway.
Freewave

Primary: Fl Studio 10
Cutie Mark: X$X

Postby Kenny Tweek » 05 Feb 2014 17:14

Well, I can get take the lead of the project, but since no one know my name, it would be harder to make people know about this... Also, i'm trying to write a song already, just need some time and it will be ready, and then is just record and produce.
The thing we need THE MOST is people to sing. I can contact some good people to help (not sure if they would, tho), but it will be necessary something big. Something that pass the message about his story and the message about bully, and we need something that make people WANT do donate.
That's why I would love help of anyone who can, on writing the song, on singing, producing...
Tell me, what's that thing called "talent"? Do you really think you born with it? Or do you think you learn it with time and dedication?

Youtube (Brony)
Facebook
Soundcloud
Kenny Tweek

Postby Freewave » 05 Feb 2014 18:21

Well feel free to get a song written out (a wip, some lyrics) and drop them in here and see if we cant get people on board. Most important thing is not to wait but just to act and hope that people pop in to particpate.
Freewave

Postby Marshmelon » 06 Feb 2014 11:16

I should also say, while it's really nice you want to do this #ForMichael, the 24-hour stream did raise over $10,000 more than their goal.
Maybe take the time pressure of being relevant off, and just start an anti-bullying campaign, or, staying as a charity-album, donate to an already-existing one. You could name it after M.M., or dedicate it to him, or have some songs specifically written for/dedicated to him-- but you could reach out and maybe help other people, as well.

I'll say again the line I think it most-important here, the one I want to be read:

M.M. has already raised a ton of money, Please Donate to an anti-bullying campaign that will help more people, instead.

((Because honestly, I'm feeling kind of guilty for having donated my money, money I don't truly have, to just one person, after they had already met and exceeded their goal. I know people who keep trying to kill themselves, for christ's sake.))
Marshmelon

Postby Kenny Tweek » 06 Feb 2014 12:52

Marshmelon wrote:I should also say, while it's really nice you want to do this #ForMichael, the 24-hour stream did raise over $10,000 more than their goal.
Maybe take the time pressure of being relevant off, and just start an anti-bullying campaign, or, staying as a charity-album, donate to an already-existing one. You could name it after M.M., or dedicate it to him, or have some songs specifically written for/dedicated to him-- but you could reach out and maybe help other people, as well.

I'll say again the line I think it most-important here, the one I want to be read:

M.M. has already raised a ton of money, Please Donate to an anti-bullying campaign that will help more people, instead.

((Because honestly, I'm feeling kind of guilty for having donated my money, money I don't truly have, to just one person, after they had already met and exceeded their goal. I know people who keep trying to kill themselves, for christ's sake.))

As I said, it's a idea, nothing decided yet. We can write an anti-bullying song and try to raise money with the project to donate for campaings, or we can make one for Michael. As I said before, people who couldn't or can't donate, still can have a chance to help him, and that's the point. And also, I'm pretty Michael's family will do something important with the extra money they receive.

Youtube (Brony)
Facebook
Soundcloud
Kenny Tweek

Postby Freewave » 06 Feb 2014 13:08

Yeah i'm thinking any charities that would be for suicide prevention or anti-bullying would be a good idea to point to. As said they've met their goals and we need to think about the bigger picture too. Definitely important to raise awareness for both of these socially to really stop future incidents then see this as an isolated incident. It never hurts to bring up that people have other people online to reach out to online and in person when either depression or bullying occur.
Freewave

Postby Navron » 06 Feb 2014 17:09

Is InC still around? He's usually the best POC when it comes to finding the right charities and organizing all the things that go into fundraising, such as tax concerns, publicity, etc.
DAW: Cubase 6.5, Ableton Live 8
Preferred Genre: Industrial/Trance
Hardware: Schecter Diamond Series Bass, Yamaha Acoustic Guitar, BP355 Effects Pedal, Keystudio 49K Keyboard, Akai APC40, Korg nanoKEY2 25k Keyboard
Navron
Global Moderator

Primary: Cubase 6.5

Return to Pony Fan Project Recruitment