Fillydelphia Radio Artist Submissions [REVISED]

Do you have a project proposal that should involve music? Looking for collaborations? See if the community would like to help you.
Forum rules
Please be respectful towards musicians who are contemplating whether to help you or not.

Fillydelphia Radio Artist Submissions [REVISED]

Postby westjgames » 09 Dec 2013 07:56

Fillydelphia Radio Artist Submission Form

Hi Guys.

We recently revised the Artist Submission forms to allow artists to get their music indexed faster.

Instead of asking artists to submit their tracks, we have setup the form to now ask the artists about themselves instead.

This means that you only have to let us know you exist, and give us permission to play your music. We'll do all the hard work in getting your material onto the station.

Every artist that completes the form will not only get their music on Fillydelphia Radio, but will also get their own artist profile page on our site when the Request System launches on January 1st.

So don't just sit there looking at the page blankly, submit your forms, and get your music played on Fillydelphia Radio! What have you got to lose?

https://fillydelphiaradio.net/submit-music/

Cheers!
The Team at Fillydelphia Radio
westjgames

Primary: FL Studio
Cutie Mark: Mine is a logo... so uh...

Re: Fillydelphia Radio Artist Submissions [REVISED]

Postby Wisp » 09 Dec 2013 12:07

Awesome. Sent in my info.
Wisp

Primary: Ableton Live 9
Cutie Mark: House, chill, dnb

Postby Freewave » 09 Dec 2013 13:08

Yup sounds good. I would recommend including a link for eqbeats and pony.fm too though. those are missing.
Links for my music: YouTube, Bandcamp, and Tumblr
Check out the Brony Music Directory and FimMusic. A portal for all pony music
Support the 20+ Musician Maressey Project currently underway.
Freewave

Primary: Fl Studio 10
Cutie Mark: X$X

Postby Callenby » 09 Dec 2013 13:24

I might do this. I'll think about it.

Also, Freewave, first a mod and now an admin? DAYUM somebody is moving up the food chain.
"Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist." - Pablo Picasso
Free online classes (including music) can be found here. Credit for my avatar goes to Lolo.

Tumblr / YouTube / Soundcloud
Callenby

Primary: Cubase 7.5
Cutie Mark: Double bass clef heart

Postby trexoid » 09 Dec 2013 23:23

the question is, does a cover artist count, as in if they do orchestral covers of brony/non brony songs that originally where some other gerne?
trexoid

Primary: Fl Studio
Cutie Mark: uhm.... it an invisible image

Postby Freewave » 11 Dec 2013 13:06

trexoid wrote:the question is, does a cover artist count, as in if they do orchestral covers of brony/non brony songs that originally where some other gerne?

orchestral covers of pony songs should count....
Freewave

Postby Injustrial » 13 Dec 2013 15:23

Well, I've submitted. Great to see more places for streaming lots of music, especially since Everfree Network keeps downvoting all my stuff to oblivion XD
Injustrial

Cutie Mark: Sh*t on Fire

Postby Freewave » 13 Dec 2013 15:46

Injustrial wrote:Well, I've submitted. Great to see more places for streaming lots of music, especially since Everfree Network keeps downvoting all my stuff to oblivion XD

Yeah I haven't been very happy with Everfree network track submission and queueing system. In theory it could work great but ive submitted tracks before (only 1 allowed a day) and half the time they dont add them to their system. Their track requests are often full most of the time as well.
Freewave

Postby westjgames » 14 Dec 2013 07:12

Our system does have active moderation. We split songs into Rotation and No-Rotation.

Rotation are songs that are automatically played by our bot. No-Rotation are songs that can only be played if requested. It's used to remove mediocre and old songs from general playback, and make way for new, awesome content, whilst still maintaining our "Variety Brony Music" playback.

To make this fair, songs that may not make rotation are listed in the request system, and will be played on air if requested. If it is highly requested, it will be moved to rotation.

This system isn't to keep artists hidden, but rather, to draw more listeners so we can expose more artists. It's a fine line we have to draw, and we try to feature as many great songs by different artists as possible. If we put all submitted tracks into rotation, many listeners would tune out as they wouldn't hear the songs they want to hear regularly.

So whilst you might not hear all your tracks regularly, you may hear some of your best tracks in rotation. A good way to get heard is to make one really great song, not a lot of mediocre songs. Our system isn't based on artist popularity, rather, it's based on how good each song is.

Overall, the best way to get noticed on FR is to make an awesome EP or Album, which will get you a front-page feature!
westjgames

Postby westjgames » 17 Dec 2013 23:41

A message to artists who are awaiting confirmation:

We will be getting to your submissions soon, however, we are kinda swamped with the creation of each artist's profiles, and we are trying to get that done before the end of the year.

We expect to have all submissions completed in January.
westjgames

Return to Pony Fan Project Recruitment