Building guitar pedals?

Want to know more about cables and adapters? Is DJing the right way to go? Which violins go well with your guitar? It's time to find out!

Building guitar pedals?

Postby DerpyGrooves » 08 Sep 2013 22:54

Here's a pretty great primer.

It's a lot simpler than people think. Have you done it, or would you be interested in learning?
"Had you played some free jazz to ninety five per cent of the people who had made 'Take Five' a smash, they would have run for cover behind the latest release by Pat Boone." - The Timelords
DerpyGrooves

Re: Building guitar pedals?

Postby Acsii » 09 Sep 2013 01:58

omg finally another person that does this
To me the hardest part is either fitting it in the pedal house you've bought or finding one it fits in
20 something Transgirl that makes sounds called music
Soundcloud | Facebook | Bandcamp | Blog
Placing my tongue on the GR meter to taste the gain reduction I some how improved my skills.
Acsii

Primary: Logic Pro X
Cutie Mark: Old round oscilloscope

Postby Conchetupony » 09 Sep 2013 18:14

Acsii wrote:To me the hardest part is either fitting it in the pedal house you've bought or finding one it fits in

My friend skipped that part and put a fuzzbox and a killswitch in his guitar :3

But yeah, knowing basic electronics and following a schematic is enough. I figure actually designing pedals must be another thing altogether - how does one go about that? Decide on a sound and know the theory required to reach it beforehand?
oops I dropped the bass

will you pick it up for me
Conchetupony

Primary: Ardour 3.3.1
Cutie Mark: Mindlessly rocking out

Postby Acsii » 09 Sep 2013 20:18

When I first started doing it I bought DIY kits so I could see how this certain pedal goes together and stuff. Then I guess I started making some really interesting effects that combine normal guitar effects with my knowledge of synthesisers... my favourite is plug the guitar into the cv in for a synth it makes some very interesting effects
20 something Transgirl that makes sounds called music
Soundcloud | Facebook | Bandcamp | Blog
Placing my tongue on the GR meter to taste the gain reduction I some how improved my skills.
Acsii

Primary: Logic Pro X
Cutie Mark: Old round oscilloscope

Return to Hardware/Tracking/Performance Advice