The Shape of Things to Come

It is very important that you pay attention to this forum.

Re: The Shape of Things to Come

Postby Facade » 20 Jan 2014 18:34

all of this happenings reminds me when is mlr supposed to get the face lift?
https://facadeofages.bandcamp.com/album ... o-the-dark
Spoiler Quotes:
DerpyGrooves wrote:The secret to a good song has everything to do with the relationship of the verse and the chorus to one another

ONEHOODASSPONY wrote:Image
Facade

Primary: Fl11 + Lsdj
Cutie Mark: None

Postby topitmunkeydog » 20 Jan 2014 19:18

So let me get this straight, this is what went on to cause all the drama:

Ok wow, a lot happened. I didn't think I had been gone that long! But yeah, I'm really glad that everything is settling down.

Also I'd like to remind everyone of this thread created by Bronies are Cool back when some people thought the spam thread was too cluttered to read coherently. So he created the Official Discussion thread which is basically where people do the talking without posting irrelevant stuff or not posting any content. I think people never caught on because back then there wasn't a purpose but I think now it can rise up to the challenge. If moderator says it is ok I'd like to bring this back so we can continue being talkative denizens of MLR :)
DISCUSSION TOPIC:
viewtopic.php?f=21&t=8781

EDIT: also soooo glad you are back freewave!! I don't really know what you said (nor do i care at this point) but you are an awesome dude to talk to!
topitmunkeydog

Primary: (trying to learn) ableton
Cutie Mark: yes

Postby Mundius » 20 Jan 2014 20:44

I swear to Celestia, sometimes people can be such babies.

The only way I found out about this thing is because of the unusual influx of users on IRC, which became more active than the ancient (and thankfully dead) Megaskypes.
Mundius

Primary: Not yet specified.
Cutie Mark: Blank flank

Postby Facade » 20 Jan 2014 20:58

Facade wrote:all of this happenings reminds me when is mlr supposed to get the face lift?

*cough*
Spoiler Quotes:
DerpyGrooves wrote:The secret to a good song has everything to do with the relationship of the verse and the chorus to one another

Facade

Postby itroitnyah » 20 Jan 2014 21:24

I missed all the drama! :(

So far what I've come to the conclusion of is that the spam thread caused some huge fight and was deleted and freewave got mad or something and then left and I guess MLR went down for a bit and Makkon saved the day (<3 you man) by bringing it back to life. Or something like that. Would somebody mind explaining what exactly happened, since nobody explains it in this thread?

Also, what happened to Captain Fluffy having his mod status removed? It's gotten to the point where the only mod we have now that is really truly active is Nav(or Senn is just a lurker). I suppose that will still work out since we have two active admins, but I'm still pretty curious.
Image Image I am no longer an active member. here
My studio: [List of equipment]
itroitnyah

Primary: FL Studio 11

Postby Gray Ham » 20 Jan 2014 21:32

Feel free to get rid of this post if you don't want it here, mods.
[spoiler]<natsukashi> I've missed all of this, is there a slightly longer version? :v
<Gray_Ham> Freewave, one of the biggest contributors to the music community (imo), was banned from mLR by Circuitfry because he disagreed with DWm
<Gray_Ham> makkon came back, demoted Circuit and reinstated Freewave
<Gray_Ham> so then Circuit threw a tantrum and deleted Balloon Party from Band Camp[/spoiler]

EDIT: wait what happened to spoilers
EDIT 2: So apparently that's not what happened
Last edited by Gray Ham on 20 Jan 2014 23:52, edited 1 time in total.
currently on a hiatus from actively making music due to school

ImageImage
What's soaking wet and clueless?
Gray Ham

Primary: ACID
Cutie Mark: A Trumpet

Postby Mundius » 20 Jan 2014 21:45

Clarification request: Freewave; was he against Princess Molestia or was he against the anti-Princess Molestia movement? (to which I won't state my opinion here as it will result in the topic being derailed faster than a train in Canada)
Mundius

Primary: Not yet specified.

Postby Acsii » 20 Jan 2014 22:08

Gray Ham wrote:Feel free to get rid of this post if you don't want it here, mods.
[spoiler]<natsukashi> I've missed all of this, is there a slightly longer version? :v
<Gray_Ham> Freewave, one of the biggest contributors to the music community (imo), was banned from mLR by Circuitfry because he disagreed with DWm
<Gray_Ham> makkon came back, demoted Circuit and reinstated Freewave
<Gray_Ham> so then Circuit threw a tantrum and deleted Balloon Party from Band Camp[/spoiler]

EDIT: wait what happened to spoilers

Yea that's not what happened
20 something Transgirl that makes sounds called music
Soundcloud | Facebook | Bandcamp | Blog
Placing my tongue on the GR meter to taste the gain reduction I some how improved my skills.
Acsii

Primary: Logic Pro X
Cutie Mark: Old round oscilloscope

Postby itroitnyah » 20 Jan 2014 22:15

Well, uh, since I'm inferring that you do know, Acsii, what happened? Or do you just know that what gray ham said is wrong?
Image Image I am no longer an active member. here
My studio: [List of equipment]
itroitnyah

Primary: FL Studio 11

Postby Facade » 20 Jan 2014 22:21

Gray Ham wrote:EDIT: wait what happened to spoilers

you gotta do [spoiler=insertsomethinghere]like this
Spoiler gg:
gg
Spoiler Quotes:

Facade

Postby Mr. Bigglesworth » 20 Jan 2014 22:27

Well, what Circuitfry is up to right now really shouldn't be our concern. He made a couple very questionable choices, but beyond that, Balloon party was probably barely getting any downloads, same goes for R&R, beyond that I don't think it's our business.
I'm not here anymore, but if you want you can still just call me Mr. BigBagelBoggle!

Sound
Face
You
Mr. Bigglesworth

Primary: FL Studio
Cutie Mark: My own ass

Postby Acsii » 20 Jan 2014 22:27

I don't know exactly what Freewave said or did. But accordingly it was supporting rape culture so circuit removed his privileges and banned him. Then people started flaming at Kyoga because he was the message bearer who carried the message of what happened. Then Kyoga told them it wasn't him who did it, so than people started flaming on Circuit, who due to the threats he got (added with the stuff from his DWM campaign and Consentia campaign) pretty much had a mental breakdown, and spoke with Makkon who has since come back to act as the main site admin. and that's pretty much it. Oh yea Makkon also reinstated Freewave.
20 something Transgirl that makes sounds called music
Soundcloud | Facebook | Bandcamp | Blog
Placing my tongue on the GR meter to taste the gain reduction I some how improved my skills.
Acsii

Primary: Logic Pro X
Cutie Mark: Old round oscilloscope

Postby Gray Ham » 20 Jan 2014 23:55

Oops, sorry. Some people confirmed my version of it on #bronymusic so I thought it was correct.

ImageImage
Gray Ham

Postby ExoBassTix » 21 Jan 2014 01:26

Alycs wrote:
ExoBassTix wrote:It has never been fun to have to scroll through a page for 5 minutes because someone decided to put a movie script there, and others even quote it to add pain to injury. I personally find that highly immature, both from Alycs and the quoters.

But I digress. It happened, and as it seems it won't change.
Casual discussion thread will probably amount to being called Spam Thread 2.0, and the trust that we can behave is severed at the moment.

Again, I'm really sorry for that whole thing. It seemed funny at the time, but was really childish in retrospect.

All by all I find it comparable to the Muzic Whooves flamewar, and the small (thank god) undeveloped flamewar about JacksonMiller. For the participants it seemed like just something fun (and I know some still think it was just that).

Were you drunk, panicked, or angry, Alycs? I can only imagine you did it because of having lost connection with common sense, and these three things seem to do that. The MW flamewar people were angry at MW for being bad, and the undeveloped JacksonMiller flaming was caused by anger as well.
Collecting dust...

Dieselminded drifter dodging delirium in daunting dreamscapes.
ExoBassTix

Primary: FL Studio 20
Cutie Mark: a crystal waterphone

Postby Navron » 21 Jan 2014 01:40

To help quell the rumors being said, here's (hopefully) a pretty close account of what happened:

- Circuitfry feels very passionate about stomping what we've come to know and call, "rape culture." He is also a very passionate supporter of the LGBT community.
    - Freewave said some remarks not necessarily defending APM, but more along the lines that APM wasn't the giant evil Circuit saw in it.
    - Circuit saw this as Freewave being supportive of rape culture, and demoted him, contemplating to ban him.
    - Freewave made a comment how it's tongue in cheek humor, equating it to the same style humor that Seth McFarlane uses in Family Guy.
    - Circuit was appalled that Freewave would support a show that trashes the LGBT community, and he decided to fully ban Freewave.
    - Many of us condemned the knee jerk reaction, and we didn't believe Freewave to be guilty of any crime other than having a differing opinion. Freewave was unbanned but not reinstated as a moderator.
    - Circuit felt he was no longer fit to be the leader of MLR, and no longer deserving of the position. He stepped down but ensured Makkon and Kyoga both had admin privileges before he did.
    - Circuit broke all connections to his involvement with the MLR community, including the Balloon Party and R&R albums.

Let's not spend time pointing fingers and condemning the actions of different people. A lot of folks lost their temper over this whole DWM/APM conflict, and I see a few of you are feeling like their partially at fault. That's just the nature of the internet. We often get riled up and end up doing things they regret. The few times I've lost my temper in any forum or reply chain I've always regretted it.

While the immediate situation has died down, there's still a person who feels the entire community is against him. A person who (in a single night) said goodbye to all his friends and the community that brought them all together.

So let the message of the day be about forgiveness. Circuit may still be heated and not up to accepting apologies, but the worst thing anybody can do is provoke the issue. The most important thing we can do is not provoke him in any way, and perhaps find a way to let him know that we still care for him and value his contributions over the years.

For that reason, I'm going to put out a new rule for the immediate future. If any member of MLR is seen (from this point onward) provoking CircuitFry on his Tumblr, Skype, or any other messaging system, that member will receive a permanent and lifetime ban from MLR.
DAW: Cubase 6.5, Ableton Live 8
Preferred Genre: Industrial/Trance
Hardware: Schecter Diamond Series Bass, Yamaha Acoustic Guitar, BP355 Effects Pedal, Keystudio 49K Keyboard, Akai APC40, Korg nanoKEY2 25k Keyboard
Navron
Global Moderator

Primary: Cubase 6.5

Postby simonli2575 » 21 Jan 2014 01:45

On a side note, can someone tell me what DWM and APM are? I never got the chance to check out that thread.
http://soundcloud.com/simonli2575
My YouTube channel
Steam profile
Software: FL Studio, Z3ta+2 & Massive
Hardware: Roland 800-Pro and a computer
Genres: Drum 'n' Bass and occasionally Jungle
Genres I want to try out: Dubstep, Breakcore, Hardstyle and Trap
Alycs made my new avatar. \o/
simonli2575

Cutie Mark: Why are you staring at my ass

Postby ExoBassTix » 21 Jan 2014 02:04

simonli2575 wrote:On a side note, can someone tell me what DWM and APM are? I never got the chance to check out that thread.

DWN - Down With Molestia
APM - AskPrincessMolestia
Collecting dust...

ExoBassTix

Postby Callenby » 21 Jan 2014 02:19

All of what Navron just said is really important, guys. I know that people often look for a villain in the story but we're all flawed human beings here. You can disagree with someone's actions without turning them into some cartoon bad guy. Doing things like posting Fry's Tumblr so we can presumably all laugh at him "rage" is really petty behavior. If you feel that someone is acting lowly then don't stoop down to their level.
"Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist." - Pablo Picasso
Free online classes (including music) can be found here. Credit for my avatar goes to Lolo.

Tumblr / YouTube / Soundcloud
Callenby

Primary: Cubase 7.5
Cutie Mark: Double bass clef heart

Postby Jokeblue » 21 Jan 2014 04:15

I'm glad that everything seems to be resolving itself so well... Yesterday night everything just seemed to turn rotten so suddenly. I'm glad the decision involving Freewave's ban and demotion was revoked and that he's back. The reasoning behind it was the main thing that got me going yesterday. It really just came across to me as a difference in opinion between two (kinda headstrong) powers, and the one with 'more' used that power to an unfair advantage - and thus, injustice.

The spam thread thing is totally understandable, though I can't not say though that when I logged back on this afternoon and saw "The Official Discussion Thread" at the top of the recent posts list, I mistook it for the spam thread and got a little down/disheartened when I realized it wasn't and remembered what had happened. Doesn't matter. Change happens, it's just a thing to get used to now.

Spoiler And then, after typing coherently for too long, Jokes mind lost it a little:
(Also I kinda had a stupid picture in my head of Circuitfry as Judge Dredd rolling through Megacity MLR, shouting "I AM THE LAW" and firing the ban-grenade at Freewave, followed by Judge Makkon rolling through The Megacity Slums The Spam Thread, determining it's crimes, and ordering it's death - Followed by Judge Kyoga carrying out his orders and incarcerating the thread in the Iso-cubes.

Note that when I had these dumb daydreams they were more an absurd idea of how things went down and I didn't think of any of it as accusational. It was just that weird part of my head taking control again.)
Youtube || Soundcloud || Skype: Thejokingblue

New song! - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n4lFqkuY5Fg
Jokeblue

Primary: Protools SE
Cutie Mark: Failure

Postby CaptainFluffatun » 21 Jan 2014 05:19

itroitnyah wrote:Also, what happened to Captain Fluffy having his mod status removed?

I stepped down as a mod during that time to show my support for Freewave and how I did not condone the actions taken. I'm back and at your service.
CaptainFluffatun

Primary: Cubase 5
Cutie Mark: Orchestral

Postby Freewave » 21 Jan 2014 10:05

Facade wrote:all of this happenings reminds me when is mlr supposed to get the face lift?

Circuitfry was in charge of this and he was showing off several different coloring schemes and different styles that he was working with the forum designer. This didn't come to fruition and I don't know if any of that is still possible to be implemented at this time (or how far along it was). As much as I'd like a new coat of paint on this barn we'd really have to see how that would be possible at this moment as we weren't directly involved with those actions. We have done various new subforums and outside actions (fimmusic, etc) to make subtle changes in the forum and we can and will continue to do that.

Again I urge people not to target Circuitfry anymore (and we will not tolerate that on mlr) as we're personally worried about him and he does not need to feel anymore ganged up upon. Let's move on this discussion to more positive actions and what we can do to get mlr back in order.
Links for my music: YouTube, Bandcamp, and Tumblr
Check out the Brony Music Directory and FimMusic. A portal for all pony music
Support the 20+ Musician Maressey Project currently underway.
Freewave

Primary: Fl Studio 10
Cutie Mark: X$X

Postby Ed Viper » 21 Jan 2014 23:26

Facade wrote:i thought we already had a skype chat?

From what I've heard, it's dead in the water.

It seems like every time I'm not here for an extended period of time, some drama happens. Do I need to turn this car around?

In all seriousness though, I'm glad it's been resolved.
Soundcloud
Tumblr

If you ever need someone to talk to -

That's all I got right now.
Ed Viper

Cutie Mark: Charlie Sheen

Postby Gray Ham » 22 Jan 2014 00:37

The Skype chat is alive and well, look in Announcements.

ImageImage
Gray Ham

Postby Ed Viper » 22 Jan 2014 01:23

Gray Ham wrote:The Skype chat is alive and well, look in Announcements.

You know you've been gone too long when you think "the original skype chat" when someone mentions it.

Ah, jeez. Thanks for pointing that out.
Soundcloud
Tumblr

If you ever need someone to talk to -

That's all I got right now.
Ed Viper

Cutie Mark: Charlie Sheen

Postby ExoBassTix » 22 Jan 2014 03:36

Freewave wrote:

Circuitfry was in charge of this and he was showing off several different coloring schemes and different styles that he was working with the forum designer. This didn't come to fruition and I don't know if any of that is still possible to be implemented at this time (or how far along it was). As much as I'd like a new coat of paint on this barn we'd really have to see how that would be possible at this moment as we weren't directly involved with those actions. We have done various new subforums and outside actions (fimmusic, etc) to make subtle changes in the forum and we can and will continue to do that.

Again I urge people not to target Circuitfry anymore (and we will not tolerate that on mlr) as we're personally worried about him and he does not need to feel anymore ganged up upon. Let's move on this discussion to more positive actions and what we can do to get mlr back in order.

Weren't the Seaponies, like, our themers? Don't they have power over some of this?
Collecting dust...

ExoBassTix

PreviousNext

Return to Announcements