The Shape of Things to Come

It is very important that you pay attention to this forum.

The Shape of Things to Come

Postby Makkon » 20 Jan 2014 14:37

Let's all give this song a listen and breathe for a moment.

Thank you all for your patience and desire to understand, rather than jumping to conclusions on the recent span of events.

I haven't been here for the majority of the events, but I was here for it's end. After speaking with Circuitfry, he has stepped down as admin and has left the forum by his own accord. Freewave has been unbanned and reinstated his former privileges.

At this time I'll be the standing site admin until we figure things out. For now, the staff would all appreciate your further patience and understanding.
youtube | deviantart | tumblr

I'm Makkon.
Makkon
Site Admin

Re: The Shape of Things to Come

Postby Freewave » 20 Jan 2014 14:58

I'd like to thanks those who stayed by me and who hung in here when things were bad on mlr. I know the last 12+ hours were a very dark time for mlr (and offsite here as well) but we're going to make it through this and hopefully have a more solid and unified moderator team and vision. I may have been hurt by what transpired but i'm not going to hold grudges against Circuitfry, and i certainly understand how Kyoga was caught in the middle. He and the other mods care immensely about MLR and its survival and that has not changed. I hope people understand that we need to regroup as moderators and figure out what we want MLR to look like now. I want this place to be fun again but i also think we need to figure out how we don't repeat mistakes, give mlr back its focus on music and communuity, and rebuild.

Thanks for your continued support :)
Links for my music: YouTube, Bandcamp, and Tumblr
Check out the Brony Music Directory and FimMusic. A portal for all pony music
Support the 20+ Musician Maressey Project currently underway.
Freewave

Primary: Fl Studio 10
Cutie Mark: X$X

Postby Injustrial » 20 Jan 2014 15:39

I may be relatively new here, but it didn't take me long to understand that Freewave is pretty much the glue holding this entire forum together. He puts a lot of time and effort into making this forum, and the scene in which it's based on, as good as he possibly can. I'm glad it worked out in the end, but the drama surrounding the episode (which happened while I was asleep) was unnecessary. I hope we can rebuild and make this forum better than it ever were (thought I have no idea how it was before)

Freewave, my hat off to you and a big thanks for what you've done for us. Thank you
Injustrial

Primary: FL Studio
Cutie Mark: Sh*t on Fire

Postby CitricAcid » 20 Jan 2014 15:40

Yay! Calculon-- I mean Freewave is back! I was just about to create an account on MLP Forums and give you an e-hug. Have an e-hug anyways!
Image Image Image
CitricAcid

Primary: Cubase
Cutie Mark: Music scroll

Postby ExoBassTix » 20 Jan 2014 15:42

I am proud to be a part of this forum:
- Our administration-team has put lots of effort into making this place one that we can enjoy. You don't serve your quality, but let your quality serve you. All my respect for that.
- We, as a community, have yet again proven our strength and commitment to staying alive.

From the bottom of my heart, kehn chehveht.
Collecting dust...

Dieselminded drifter dodging delirium in daunting dreamscapes.
ExoBassTix

Primary: FL Studio 20
Cutie Mark: a crystal waterphone

Postby CaptainFluffatun » 20 Jan 2014 15:58

I am deeply sorry for the events that have transpired, and will do my best to enforce a kind, productive community.
CaptainFluffatun

Primary: Cubase 5
Cutie Mark: Orchestral

Postby Callenby » 20 Jan 2014 16:05

Injustrial wrote:I may be relatively new here, but it didn't take me long to understand that Freewave is pretty much the glue holding this entire forum together.

As someone who's not relatively new, I think that's extremely unfair to everyone else who works to keep this forum going. Freewave does a lot, yes, but so do others like Kyoga who for some reason are not given any credit.

In any case, it looks like this whole business is behind us, which is good. It's in our power to make MLR better, so let's do it!
"Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist." - Pablo Picasso
Free online classes (including music) can be found here. Credit for my avatar goes to Lolo.

Tumblr / YouTube / Soundcloud
Callenby

Primary: Cubase 7.5
Cutie Mark: Double bass clef heart

Postby simonli2575 » 20 Jan 2014 16:07

Makkon wrote:Freewave has been unbanned and reinstated his former privileges.

Woah, what happened?
http://soundcloud.com/simonli2575
My YouTube channel
Steam profile
Software: FL Studio, Z3ta+2 & Massive
Hardware: Roland 800-Pro and a computer
Genres: Drum 'n' Bass and occasionally Jungle
Genres I want to try out: Dubstep, Breakcore, Hardstyle and Trap
Alycs made my new avatar. \o/
simonli2575

Cutie Mark: Why are you staring at my ass

Postby Berri » 20 Jan 2014 16:12

does this mean you can unlock the spam thread now?
https://soundcloud.com/theberri
https://www.tumblr.com/blog/notberri
Circuitfry wrote:I'm a certified professional with venturing into butts.

JacksonMiller wrote:Wow ExoBassTix, you really like the D. ;)
Berri

Cutie Mark: ( ͡O ͜ʖ ͡O ) ovi

Postby Injustrial » 20 Jan 2014 16:13

Callenby wrote:
Injustrial wrote:I may be relatively new here, but it didn't take me long to understand that Freewave is pretty much the glue holding this entire forum together.

As someone who's not relatively new, I think that's extremely unfair to everyone else who works to keep this forum going. Freewave does a lot, yes, but so do others like Kyoga who for some reason are not given any credit.

In any case, it looks like this whole business is behind us, which is good. It's in our power to make MLR better, so let's do it!

Perhaps Kyoga is sneaking around in the shadows, righting wrongs without need to be thanked? Like Batman, only on the internet? :0

But yeah, I didn't mean to ignore anyone's effort here. I just got the impression early on that Freewave does so much here. Not that other people don't contribute too, it just seems to be very much Freewave
Injustrial

Cutie Mark: Sh*t on Fire

Postby CaptainFluffatun » 20 Jan 2014 16:19

Berri wrote:does this mean you can unlock the spam thread now?

The spam thread was deleted entirely. If you need a place to talk, try out the IRC channel linked at the top of this website. You can't straight-up spam there, but you can just kinda talk about whatever, which is what a lot of people seemed to miss about the spam thread.
CaptainFluffatun

Primary: Cubase 5
Cutie Mark: Orchestral

Postby Berri » 20 Jan 2014 16:28

CaptainFluffatun wrote:

The spam thread was deleted entirely. If you need a place to talk, try out the IRC channel linked at the top of this website. You can't straight-up spam there, but you can just kinda talk about whatever, which is what a lot of people seemed to miss about the spam thread.

you do realise most of the people on that chat dont visit mlr?
https://soundcloud.com/theberri
https://www.tumblr.com/blog/notberri
Circuitfry wrote:I'm a certified professional with venturing into butts.

JacksonMiller wrote:Wow ExoBassTix, you really like the D. ;)
Berri

Cutie Mark: ( ͡O ͜ʖ ͡O ) ovi

Postby ExoBassTix » 20 Jan 2014 16:33

Berri wrote:
CaptainFluffatun wrote:

you do realise most of the people on that chat dont visit mlr?

Big deal. We don't visit them a lot either, that's why. Why not make ourselves known to them? :P
Collecting dust...

ExoBassTix

Postby Nine Volt » 20 Jan 2014 16:43

The problem I have with the IRC chat is that I don't want to talk to the people who are there. I want to talk to the people here, the people who I know and am friends/frenemies with. I don't want to have to be online at the same time as someone in order to talk to them, I want to just be able to post something and have everyone be able to see it, say, hours or days later. Because of this I probably won't get to talk to, say, LFP or Acsii or Bigglesworth or Jokeblue very much, if they even decide to use the IRC. This might be a complete pipe dream but is there any chance of starting some sort of "casual discussion" thread with more strictly enforced rules like no NSFW discussion and such?

I'm glad the issue with Freewave and Circuitfry has been resolved though. To be perfectly honest I think the forum will be better off without Circuitfry.
Nine Volt

Postby azerty » 20 Jan 2014 17:00

Injustrial wrote:I may be relatively new here, but it didn't take me long to understand that Freewave is pretty much the glue holding this entire forum together. He puts a lot of time and effort into making this forum, and the scene in which it's based on, as good as he possibly can. I'm glad it worked out in the end, but the drama surrounding the episode (which happened while I was asleep) was unnecessary. I hope we can rebuild and make this forum better than it ever were (thought I have no idea how it was before)

Freewave, my hat off to you and a big thanks for what you've done for us. Thank you
I second this wholeheartedly.

I'm glad that we can all move on from some disputes that may have periodically torn us apart. It is truly heartwarming to see the resilience and strength of this community, especially in that our staff is so dedicated to getting everything back on track. Freewave, it's good to have you back; all the other admins and mods, a million thanks to you for your quick resolution of this tiff. Let's hope that "the world will little note nor long remember" what happened here; I have the utmost faith that we, as a community, can move on, thanks to your leadership. Thank you, all of you.

"Think I'll write about how bein' a good family isn't about bein' perfect as much as it is about bein' able to get through the rough patches together. About bein' able to forgive each other for mistakes."

Keep being awesome, guys.
My YouTube (everything except music)
My SoundCloud
My Twitter @azertymusic (...wait, I have a Twitter?)

>>16555555
azerty

Primary: Ableton Live 8
Cutie Mark: The Shogun Audio symbol

Postby ExoBassTix » 20 Jan 2014 17:02

Nine Volt wrote:The problem I have with the IRC chat is that I don't want to talk to the people who are there. I want to talk to the people here, the people who I know and am friends/frenemies with. I don't want to have to be online at the same time as someone in order to talk to them, I want to just be able to post something and have everyone be able to see it, say, hours or days later. Because of this I probably won't get to talk to, say, LFP or Acsii or Bigglesworth or Jokeblue very much, if they even decide to use the IRC. This might be a complete pipe dream but is there any chance of starting some sort of "casual discussion" thread with more strictly enforced rules like no NSFW discussion and such?

I agree on the IRC bit (to keep it short, I use Skype a lot).
About the casual discussion bit, the no-NSFW is a rule applied to the whole forum. It wouldn't really change anything. The Spam Thread got locked down because people couldn't stay out of trouble (in Kyoga's words, constant babysitting was necessary). That's not cool. We've shown to not be able to behave without constant supervision. As I understand from Kyoga (who, as I've led to believe, has done most of the babysitting), that's too much for the mods. So it's gone. It has never been fun to have to scroll through a page for 5 minutes because someone decided to put a movie script there, and others even quote it to add pain to injury. I personally find that highly immature, both from Alycs and the quoters.

But I digress. It happened, and as it seems it won't change.
Casual discussion thread will probably amount to being called Spam Thread 2.0, and the trust that we can behave is severed at the moment.
Collecting dust...

ExoBassTix

Postby Acsii » 20 Jan 2014 17:22

While I would like a place that nine has described, I do see this as a step forward for the forum in becoming once again a music forum.
20 something Transgirl that makes sounds called music
Soundcloud | Facebook | Bandcamp | Blog
Placing my tongue on the GR meter to taste the gain reduction I some how improved my skills.
Acsii

Primary: Logic Pro X
Cutie Mark: Old round oscilloscope

Postby Gray Ham » 20 Jan 2014 17:38

Thanks forum team, and thanks Makkon for coming back and helping straighten things out.

EDIT: And yes, gogo to the IRC.
Last edited by Gray Ham on 20 Jan 2014 17:41, edited 1 time in total.
currently on a hiatus from actively making music due to school

ImageImage
What's soaking wet and clueless?
Gray Ham

Primary: ACID
Cutie Mark: A Trumpet

Postby Alycs » 20 Jan 2014 17:39

ExoBassTix wrote:It has never been fun to have to scroll through a page for 5 minutes because someone decided to put a movie script there, and others even quote it to add pain to injury. I personally find that highly immature, both from Alycs and the quoters.

But I digress. It happened, and as it seems it won't change.
Casual discussion thread will probably amount to being called Spam Thread 2.0, and the trust that we can behave is severed at the moment.

Again, I'm really sorry for that whole thing. It seemed funny at the time, but was really childish in retrospect.

I quite like the IRC, but I also agree with Nine Volt, its not very good for casual discussion.

----

On another note: Thanks Makkon for getting things back to normal and bringing Freewave back.
Soundcloud||Tumblr||Youtube||Graphics||Bandcamp
Freewave wrote:being too critical can make you too critical
Alycs

Cutie Mark: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Postby Navron » 20 Jan 2014 17:44

The spam thread was locked for 2 reasons:

1. Most people would reply at such a frequency that it would make being a moderator for it a full time job. Many people realized the spam thread isn't as closely monitored, and as a result they took advantage of that.

2. A lot of personal attacks, trolling, etc. has taken place in the spam thread. Most often when a member gets banned, the inflammatory remarks originated from there.

I understand that a lot of you just want to have a place to discuss non-music related things with the people they know here, and I understand that you don't want to take that to the IRC chat where many people who don't frequent this site reside. A situation I'm sure neither party wants.

I won't make any promises, but I'll pitch the idea of starting a new megaskype chat.
DAW: Cubase 6.5, Ableton Live 8
Preferred Genre: Industrial/Trance
Hardware: Schecter Diamond Series Bass, Yamaha Acoustic Guitar, BP355 Effects Pedal, Keystudio 49K Keyboard, Akai APC40, Korg nanoKEY2 25k Keyboard
Navron
Global Moderator

Primary: Cubase 6.5

Postby LFP » 20 Jan 2014 17:49

Hooray, Sean is back :D

I understand that fry' took action, especially when it affects you personally, while instantly banning and demoting freewave was a huge overreaction I do feel that some of the whole "Cuircuitfry is banning people because they disagree with him" stuff was uncalled for..

Anyway that's in the past and things are back to normal, well.. Almost normal at least :p
Glad things finally got resolved!
Brony Music Directory
Nine Volt wrote:That feel when 9V will never take you out to dinner 3:
LFP

Cutie Mark: Blank flank4evar

Postby Facade » 20 Jan 2014 17:51

i thought we already had a skype chat?
https://facadeofages.bandcamp.com/album ... o-the-dark
Spoiler Quotes:
DerpyGrooves wrote:The secret to a good song has everything to do with the relationship of the verse and the chorus to one another

ONEHOODASSPONY wrote:Image
Facade

Primary: Fl11 + Lsdj
Cutie Mark: None

Postby Nine Volt » 20 Jan 2014 17:52

Navron wrote:I won't make any promises, but I'll pitch the idea of starting a new megaskype chat.

...that still wouldn't solve the problem of a lot of people not being online at the same time and thus being unable to talk to each other. The problem that the IRC is full of people not from MLR was only half of the issue.
Nine Volt

Postby Mr. Bigglesworth » 20 Jan 2014 17:53

Spam thread or no, I'm glad things got sorted out as quickly as they were. And I do actually kinda agree on why the spam thread was deleted. Me and a few others were kinda being shitty there (take that as an apology from me i guess) and it kinda needed to be wiped off the record. Clean slate, etc. It was a fun thread while it lasted though.

By the way I'm really glad to see Freewave back and that Makkon is still willing to give his time when we need it.

Here's hoping for a bright future for horsemusicforum.com.
I'm not here anymore, but if you want you can still just call me Mr. BigBagelBoggle!

Sound
Face
You
Mr. Bigglesworth

Cutie Mark: My own ass

Postby Freewave » 20 Jan 2014 18:29

Callenby wrote:

I'd just like to say that Kyoga and i were both promoted to admin at the same time and it was because we both fought for the ability to have that added involvement, we were working as a regular team together, and we spent a lot of time on ideas talking on how we wanted to revamp mlr (fimmusic, improved skype chat, new subforums). Please do not overlook how important it has been to have Kyoga as a partner for this site as he's the person who can make this site a musical academy again and is incredibly active in the community as well. If he hadn't been the peacemaker during the last 12 hrs things likely wouldn't have been resolved as quickly as they were and many people wouldn't have necessarily been returning to help heal the wounds. I also thank Makkon for stepping back in the role of headmaster while we get things sorted out and the other mods who've been quick to patch things up.
Links for my music: YouTube, Bandcamp, and Tumblr
Check out the Brony Music Directory and FimMusic. A portal for all pony music
Support the 20+ Musician Maressey Project currently underway.
Freewave

Primary: Fl Studio 10
Cutie Mark: X$X

Next

Return to Announcements