Unplanned Outage And Status Update

It is very important that you pay attention to this forum.

Unplanned Outage And Status Update

Postby pocketjawa » 19 Jan 2016 09:22

Hey there everyone. Hopefully you're all having a good 2016 so far.

I just wanted to keep you up to date on the the outage that happened yesterday. Long story short is that the power supply on the server failed around 9:45 AM EST and was back up around 1 PM EST. For some reason the backend for the site didn't come up with the server and I didn't notice until the evening at which point I started it up and made sure that it would start up properly from now on. So for that extra 9 hours of downtime I would like to sincerely apologize.

So with that said, I think it would be useful to have something external that we can post if there is an outage, issue or upcoming maintenance. Things like upcoming maintenance would still be posted here as a pinned announcement though so that as many people can see it as possible. My first thought would be a Twitter account that could report on status, could be tagged and could be used to retweet community events. Is this something people would be interested in?
pocketjawa
Site Admin

Primary: Ableton Live 9
Cutie Mark: Blank flank

Re: Unplanned Outage And Status Update

Postby AnimatronicPony » 19 Jan 2016 09:32

Well thanks for everything you have done since I was deeply worried so I had to message Makkon on twitter since I was dearly worried about this site going down. I was looking everywhere of how to contact one of the staff members and I didn't want to bother Makkon since he is no longer with this site but I had no choice. So yea having your own facebook page and twitter will work wonders also you can plan events and all of that fun stuff xD. Plus I miss Remix War and I hope it can happen again in the upcoming future.
AnimatronicPony

Primary: GarageBand,FL Studio, MusicMakerJam
Cutie Mark: Trance

Postby pocketjawa » 19 Jan 2016 09:59

Sorry about the worry! Yeah, at the moment everything about the site is stored on the site itself so if it's down it makes it pretty hard to know who to contact, as you mentioned. And as much as I hate downtime, things will happen that are out of my control and there definitely needs to be a plan to keep people up to date. I'll probably get the Twitter account set up later today to at least reserve the name (I actually found you tweet when double checking that it doesn't already exist).
pocketjawa
Site Admin

Primary: Ableton Live 9
Cutie Mark: Blank flank

Postby AnimatronicPony » 19 Jan 2016 11:16

Interesting... Well I am glad you came when you did.
AnimatronicPony

Primary: GarageBand,FL Studio, MusicMakerJam
Cutie Mark: Trance

Postby Acsii » 23 Jan 2016 08:13

I'd be all up for a twitter account to announce outages, maintenance, and community events.
20 something Transgirl that makes sounds called music
Soundcloud | Facebook | Bandcamp | Blog
Placing my tongue on the GR meter to taste the gain reduction I some how improved my skills.
Acsii

Primary: Logic Pro X
Cutie Mark: Old round oscilloscope

Return to Announcements