Mindtunes

Sports, politics, movies, videogames, questionable hobbies, photos from your family vacation, etc. Talk about stuff that isn't ponies or music. But do try to stay on topic and respectful of alternate opinions.

Mindtunes

Postby Motivfs » 01 Jun 2013 00:13

Absolutely amazing... This could big huge in the world of not only music, but technology in general.

Motivfs

Re: Mindtunes

Postby Mr. Bigglesworth » 01 Jun 2013 01:56

I'm in awe.

There are few times when I genuinely feel like I just witnessed what the future could be.

This was one of them.
I'm not here anymore, but if you want you can still just call me Mr. BigBagelBoggle!

Sound
Face
You
Mr. Bigglesworth

Primary: FL Studio
Cutie Mark: My own ass

Postby PropellerEscape » 01 Jun 2013 06:14

Wow, that was amazing. It's awesome to see how music can affect people like this too
DAW - FL Studio 11

Main VSTs - Harmor, Harmless, Massive, Sytrus and FM8

My Main SoundCloud
My Experimental Soundcloud

Add me on Skype - PropellerEscapeMusic
PropellerEscape

Primary: Flel Studio 11.
Cutie Mark: Synth of Lel

Postby itroitnyah » 01 Jun 2013 07:20

Wow, this was so amazing, like Bigglesworth said, this is just like looking into the future in a really amazing way. This will really release a whole new set of talents and tricks to learn and develop, it'll be like music production redone. This has so much potential and unlimited possibility.

Also, this will also unleash a whole new wave of the "im teh futr skillex mi moosic is de best" people, lol.
Image Image I am no longer an active member. here
My studio: [List of equipment]
itroitnyah

Primary: FL Studio 11
Cutie Mark: Blank flank

Postby vladnuke » 01 Jun 2013 16:24

At first I looked at it and thought "well that's a crock of shit, all it can do is read emotions", but then i went on their website and watched the ted documentary, and then I saw that the system is actually rather simple. All you have to do is assign a particular thought, not just an emotion, in your head with a function. It works just as any keyboard or any other input device. Since there is no standard for brain function, there's also no standard in the system, so every action is mapped to a particular brainwave set (how the system detects this idk), but ultimatly you still have to set the thing up, which requires a standard, which is set in facial features (Remember, the system is designed for disabled people). What I'm thinking is a tutorial mode, having the system be its own os, and initially starting you out in a place where you define for it basic commands initiated by facial movements, which the system can read without any difficulty from the start. Basically, you can define as many thoughts as you want, so you can, in a sense, just have a keyboard and type by thinking of the letters, or better yet, defining a vocabulary of words and thinking of those words. It's p cool, but imagine trying to procrastinate, or having your mind wander, or anything else that draws you away. It's cool, but couple it with the oculus rift, and it's a full virtual reality system. Also it can't do two things at once, because it seems to be able to only read one thought at a time. So maybe not Sword Art Online just yet.
vladnuke

Postby JSynth » 02 Jun 2013 06:14

Mr. Bigglesworth wrote:I'm in awe.

There are few times when I genuinely feel like I just witnessed what the future could be.

This was one of them.

this
https://soundcloud.com/jasper-synth/back-at-me
Jokeblue wrote:You fool. You've doomed the Spam thread to yet another, inevitable :3 spam.

My Tumblr
My YouTube
My SoundCloud

DAW: Logic Pro 9
Plugins: Sylenth, Sausage Fattener, Komplete 9, NI The Mouth, Ozone 5, Bitspeek
JSynth

Primary: Logic 9
Cutie Mark: yo face

Postby ExoBassTix » 02 Jun 2013 06:56

Holy shit.

This really broke me up. I love seeing how much disabled people are capable of. Never underestimate them just because they have limited movement capability.
This is so amazing.
Collecting dust...

Dieselminded drifter dodging delirium in daunting dreamscapes.
ExoBassTix

Primary: FL Studio 20
Cutie Mark: a crystal waterphone

Postby ph00tbag » 03 Jun 2013 08:23

That's a damn good tune.
ph00tbag
Global Moderator

Cutie Mark: Blank flank

Postby Sonarch » 03 Jun 2013 12:57

That's really amazing. Oh wow.
My goal is to be capable of making any kind of music that strikes my fancy, and do it well.
Twitter @SonarchMusic
Soundcloud
Tumblr
Sonarch

Return to Off-Topic Discussion