Your Top Five Favorite Brony Songs

Sports, politics, movies, videogames, questionable hobbies, photos from your family vacation, etc. Talk about stuff that isn't ponies or music. But do try to stay on topic and respectful of alternate opinions.

Re: Your Top Five Favorite Brony Songs

Postby Makkon » 22 Sep 2011 13:32

Looks like I'm really not that popular

5. Theme from Fighting is Magic - Applejack's Stage by RainbowCrash88
4. I Love Everything by Jackle App
3. Rainbow Factory by Glaze/WoodenToaster
2. Lower the Moon by Notacleverpony
1. Flutterwonder by PinkiePieSwear
youtube | deviantart | tumblr

I'm Makkon.
Makkon
Site Admin

Postby Aussie » 22 Sep 2011 14:02

Makkon wrote:Looks like I'm really not that popular

At least you're in a list. ;(

5. My Destiny Is A Rock (Voodoopony Remix)
4. Spitfire (Silva Hound VIP)
3. Friendship is Magic (Alex S. Glitch Remix)
2. Forever Asleep
1. Something Broke: The Continuing Tale Of Pinkie Pie & Ponycide (why hasn't this been listed yet?)

Expect this list to change dramatically when the Remix War is over.
Aussie

Postby Interrobang Pie » 22 Sep 2011 14:51

Aussie wrote:At least you're in a list. ;(

ikr
A great man wrote:Circuitfry: fries circuits of this whole topic, one at a time (I know that's not how servers work, but Puns work all the time)
Interrobang Pie

Postby General Mumble » 22 Sep 2011 15:51

This is now where we all gather and cry about how nopony loves us.

Okay, well not all of us. Glaze, if you read this, leave.
Something, something, ponies.
Something, something, friendship.
General Mumble

Primary: Not yet specified.
Cutie Mark: Poo

Postby MichaelA » 22 Sep 2011 16:49

General Mumble wrote:This is now where we all gather and cry about how nopony loves us.

Okay, well not all of us. Glaze, if you read this, leave.

Preach it, brother!
------------------
My Youtube
^^ Go sub, yo!
MichaelA

Postby Triangle Brony » 24 Sep 2011 00:53

Honestly, I have not "Top n favorite", I love all your songs (except I Love Everything by Jackle App) but I have some I especially like:
Interrobang Pie - Clash With Dash

General Mumble - Hydra Pulse (Glitcha-twitch Remix)

Michael Arellano - Luna's Anthem
Triangle Brony

Postby General Mumble » 24 Sep 2011 09:27

Wooooooooooooooooooooooo

Finally I can sleep at night.

Oh hey, and Ipie can too.

You know what that means ~~
Something, something, ponies.
Something, something, friendship.
General Mumble

Cutie Mark: Poo

Postby X-Trav » 29 Sep 2011 06:13

(this was way too hard)

5.DJAlexS-My Little Pony: Friendship Is Magic Intro (Alex S. Glitch Remix)

This is the bounciest, funnest, and just about the most awesome remix I know. The glitch in this is perfect, which I have a very hard time finding, and the beats are unprecedentedly awesome. This is just something you can blast in a room full of non-bronies, and it'd still be awesome.

4.JackleApp-Summer

As Jackle Apps homage to Owl City it's perfect. Like Jackle states in the description "His stuff is pretty damn catchy... it's like a guilty pleasure".

I'm not guilty though, this song is a pleasure. I love, cheesy sad love songs, and Jackle hits the nail on the head. The music is fun, and the synths just pleasant. I find myself singing along way too often. It's just such an innocent song, and its hard to not drift away in it.

3.PinkiePieSwear-Flutterwonder

I'm not sure what to call this. All I know is it gets me cheeky as fuck. This song is pure beauty. I don't know how PPS managed to cut fluttershy's voice so well, but it happened, and I love it. It's impossible to feel bad while listening to this.

2.Dr. Dissonance-Luna's Lament

While this is number #2, this one is the one most special to me on the list. This was the first brony song that caught my attention and led me here. First off it bad me feel really sad for Luna, and led me to think about her story more, which in turn made me a strong brony. Second its a piano solo, my all time favorite musical style. It just captures that celestial feeling perfectly. Listening to this just makes me want to look up at the sky, it's a great piece, and very inspired.

1.EuroBeat Brony-Luna (Dream Mode)|Wooden Toaster-Rainbow Factory

I cant choose, god damn it. I love these two so much.

Luna (dream mode) is awesome, once again, I'm a sucker for love songs, and this is just perfect. it combines LUNA and unrequited love, a double whammy of things I love.

"Luna wont you cry for me
I'm as lonely as i'll ever be"

I just cant stress how great this song is, the production value is about the best I've heard in this community, and EBB's voice matches the style of music, so well. I often loop this song over and over, and maybe let out a little fan girl sequel when I shuffle my iphone and this plays.

Rainbow Factory is the same way, I just love how the voice and the music go together so well, but Rainbow Factory, is the song I blast at 11. It's a downright bad ass song, the synth is so heavy, it's easy to get lost. The strings compliment every last second of the piece.

And the thing that takes the cake in Rainbow factory, is that there was a week deadline for it. THAT is talent people.
Long time pianist and mediocrity extraordinaire.

Current Projects:
Manestream media
    EOE003
Call of The Crusaders
Album
X-Trav

Postby SuperGiantRobot » 29 Sep 2011 12:39

I still think Fluttershy Likes Being Nice is too spastic for the source material.
SuperGiantRobot

Postby Whitetail » 29 Sep 2011 17:56

In no particular order really

Senator Myth Befriends Circuitfry Raining Stars

This piece is just mesmerizingly beautiful. I can't really put my hand on it any specific way but it's so creative and yet at the same time enticing to listen to.

Sci as Supersaw Hoover: Quickdrop

I don't know whether or not to call this acid, death squeee or what but that's some crazy synth work you have going on there.

Derpidety: Final Fall of the Lunar Republic

I'm a sucker for post rock and this is just so chill it's quite amazing, it says so much despite it's simplicity.

Silva Hound: Bon Bon

Freaking catchy, what more do I need to say

Circuitfry and CatMilly: Luna remix

This piece is just amazing in my opinion, it's really stuck with me for a while and even when I come back to it, it sounds just as amazing as the time I first heard it. It brilliantly takes the original song out of context while still being recognizable, that's exactly how I'd define a good remix. I also really like the emotion in the song and the video made for it compliments it perfectly.

I still think Fluttershy Likes Being Nice is too spastic for the source material.

Can't tell if trolling or....
Last edited by Whitetail on 08 Oct 2011 10:45, edited 2 times in total.
Whitetail

Postby SuperGiantRobot » 29 Sep 2011 18:20

I'm not trolling. I think it's too fast and excitable for somepony like Fluttershy.
SuperGiantRobot

Postby FoozogzPepperBrony » 07 Oct 2011 10:11

SuperGiantRobot wrote:I'm not trolling. I think it's too fast and excitable for somepony like Fluttershy.

Not all Fluttershy songs have to be quiet and slow, you know. I tried to capture the feeling many people get when they see Fluttershy act the way she is. An ode to adorable, if you will.
DAW: Ableton
HELLO, OLD FRIENDS~
FoozogzPepperBrony

Postby Circuitfry » 07 Oct 2011 14:42

All of the songs that I have heard are apples to oranges. So let me narrow this down into some categories. All of these songs are favorites of mine, but I'm picking out songs that tried to *really* stand out.

Don't take my opinion seriously or feel left out, okay? <3 My categories are:
  • Arrangement
  • Style
  • Production
  • Uniqueness
  • Love/Magic

ARRANGEMENT: TIE
I-Pie's "Wily Invades Equestria"
This questionably delicious baked good right here gives a clear example of how to make a song with wildly hyperlayered melodies. Chiptunes may sound simple at face value but they can be the most complex pieces you've ever heard in your life. Interrobang Pie pulled practically every trick he had at the time, and it shows. There was even a key change, hot cripes.

Dr. Dissonance's "The Night That Never Ended"
FUCK this was a scary song. Like, I'm running out of steam typing out these paragraphs about how awesome everyone's music is, so forgive me, I'm gonna take a break and come back to this, but I loved your song, man. Also, thanks for helping out with DiffEqs homework hahaha (you too, Fooz~).

STYLE: TIE
PONY SWAG MEGAMIX
OKAY, YEAH, I KNOW, SUPER BIAS, BUT WHATEVER, THIS SHIT WAS LEGIT, MMK? There's even a personal story behind MicTheMicrophoneZero, who is a really awesome man.

SupaSpeedStrut's The Wonderbolts Show
Synth rock to the FUCKING MAXIMUM. This is what I'm talkin' about. I so love this song, man, it's just too hardcore.

PRODUCTION:
Apple Skytree (Aussie Remix)
There is personal bias to this one since I did help advise him in making it. Aussie is not at all the most popular musician on the remix war, by far, but for how hard he works on songs, just watching him slave away at his music for days and days and days, taking each piece of our advice in stride, Aussie holds the production value of his music in very high priority, and for that, he deserves so much more attention than what scrawny bones keep being thrown at him, for real. I cannot compare to Aussie at the all-important production value. Aussie just has that groove like that. Now, about the song, there are many transitions and sections, the chorus is very catchy, it's easily distinguishable from the original, the synths and basses are very unified, and the mixdown (CONFIRMED BY SCI) is 100% maxed out. He went all out. THAT is production.

UNIQUENESS:
Supersaw Hoover's gPrOeWaEtRaFnUdL
The very name strikes fear and joy into many hearts, the anticipation of what is known as the most audacious and awe-inspiring Trixie dedication to the Remix War. It stands out in its own right, amazing in its wild melodic clipping, thrashing in its blazing splendor. When we came and witnessed this event, we weren't neighsayers in the least, because the sheer volume and wildness of the ear rape rocked every boat in the synchtube. It is undoubtedly one of the wildest brony songs we have, and there's nothing... NOTHING... quite like it.

LOVE/MAGIC:
CatMilly's "Trixie Has the Great and Powerful, Anyway"
On top of sci's brilliant implementation of instruments and ChainAlgorithm's uncanny knack for catchy melodies, Cats Billionaire gives a remarkably emotional interpretation of Trixie's internal feelings of inadequacy. Furthermore, she samples a voiceover reading of one of the most personal and emotional stories I ever came across on Ponychan. Apparently, TwilightSpark1e was one of Chain's friends, too, and the sheer coincidence, the simple intentional accident amplified the intrinsic meaning behind the song. I can tell you that I've had my own low feelings of inadequacy, whether that be in my college days or comparing my music to the other amazing and talented musicians in the remix war, from getting sources of inspiration and composition to silly things like subscriber numbers (pfft, what matters is that the ones I have *love* me, ANYWAY). Her song moved me in ways people have never moved me, before, and for that, I can thank her for being so talented, and being one of my best buds. <3 Magic!

If that sounds really biased to y'all (she *did* do a collab with me), then I'm afraid you'll have to deal with it. This is my personal selection. But to satisfy y'all, I *do* have another winner that stands out.

Dethonator + BigMacPony's "Sonic Fireboom"
This was certainly a creative way to collab. It was a mutually competitive composition and the two musicians, each in an ear to the listener, rocked out to the best of their ability, occasionally intertwining in the chorus. It was a brilliant concept, and the application was a very clear display of tenacity.

I'M OUT OF STEAM RIGHT NOW, I'M GONNA EDIT THIS SHIT LATER.
Viricide wrote:Thanks Obama. Or should I say Cirbama.

\
Circuitfry

Primary: LMMS
Cutie Mark: {;}

Postby Stars In Autumn » 07 Oct 2011 16:03

I have no order to these and I have a new favorite about every week or so its not really set in stone.

Flutterwonder by PinkiePieSwear
My favorite of PPS. Obviously very catchy and heartwarming. I like how the sound bites from his songs don't make any sense lyric-wise but still sound really good.

Ballad of Autumn Dreams by TarbyRocks
I heard this one only fairly recently but its a really good acoustic song. Tarby's a pretty good singer. Only took me a few seconds to figure out where the melody was from, and its a pretty good choice. It's really sweet and a bit sad as well.

My Destiny is a Rock (VoodooPony Remix) by VoodooPony
A JackleApp classic. I like what VoodooPony did with it, adding more glitchiness to the song.

Summer (Lyra and Bon-Bon) by JackleApp
This song is a great combination of synths, vocals, and drums. Its mixed very well. I love the synths used and the vocoder used really adds to the vocals I think. Its a nice happy song.

Big Mac 39s Theme (Makkon Remix) by Makkon
I was pretty amazed when I first heard this song during the first remix war. I"m not much into western themed music but hearing this and then hearing the original by Vinyl Scratch is like hearing night and day. The strings in the background while the Spanish guitar is strumming along makes the piece sound really powerful.
-Stars In Autumn aka Jeffthestrider
Stars In Autumn
Site Admin

Primary: FL
Cutie Mark: Myself

Postby Supersaw Hoover » 09 Oct 2011 23:07

This is hard :<

5. WLTZ4_TR.EXE - Interrobang Pie befriends Makkon
The atmosphere of this remix is astounding. If it were like two or three times longer and had better mastering, I would've loved it even more, but really, this snippet of suspense is great.

4. A Typical Magic Show - Foozogz
Hardcore breaks, wonderful mastering, great quality and really good sample usage? Hell yes. Foozogz, don't stop being awesome. I just like all of your shit.

3. Hydra Pulse (Glitch-a-Twitch Remix) - General Mumble befriends Lenich
Mumble makes good shit. I like a greater majority of his tracks. This is just one of my favorites, and also I'm still making a Stepmania simfile for it that isn't done yet because it's so damn technical. Honestly, I feel like it should be mandated that only Mumble can make *step songs. Please. It would solve world hunger or something.

2. Pinkie's Cocain(e) Party - Pinkie Cake befriends InfinityDash
This track was one of the first tracks that made me really have hope for the pony music community. Very well done glitched-out whatevercore going on here, and I love the out-of-control style. It suits best pony very well, I think, and Pinkie Cake is just my kind of eclectic.

1. Something Broke (etc etc) - TarbyRocks
Even though I'm an electronic enthusiast, this track takes the [cup]cake. I do have a weakness for prog rock--and long-ass songs--and this one blew me away with the only telling of Cupcakes so far that I believe makes perfect sense with Pinkie Pie's canon character.

Also, I will note that sci's style swap with me, "Quickdrop", is also high up on this list, but I figured that would be expected and thus I decided to not take up a space with it. I really really like it, though!
Supersaw Hoover

Postby Solarsail » 11 Oct 2011 06:25

1. Vedrim - Upbeat (<3 <3 <3)
http://soundcloud.com/vedrim/vedrim-upbeat-wip
2. Derpy Hooves - Twilight's Sonata
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Or482ar7fi4
3. Rbc88 - Fighting Is Magic Applejack
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=inlhwCRS4fQ
4. Tarby - Roads Paved With Gold (strictly not pony but I commissioned it)
http://soundcloud.com/mistarleadguitar/ ... -with-gold
5. zorg - Vinyl Scratch vs I-pie
http://soundcloud.com/z0r8/vinyl-scratch-vs-i-pie-g

Other I like: Jackle App, Interrobang Pie, Glaze, JPT, WoodenToaster, Foozogz

And just want to say that William Anderson does not get nearly as much love as he should do compared to Daniel Ingram.
Last edited by Solarsail on 11 Oct 2011 09:28, edited 1 time in total.
Solarsail

Postby PiercingSight » 11 Oct 2011 07:43

Notices I'm not on any list.
Philistines...

Anyway... Here are mine in no particular order...
Makkon - Impressions of Celestia Origins
Vox, need I say more?
Flutterwonder
I don't even need to say it.
Alex S. - Party with Pinkie
Best use of show vocals I've heard in a while, along with incredible beat and tune.
Jackle App - Figthing Ballad of PC OR Summer (Lyra and Bon-Bon)
Knows how to hit those tunes just right.
Pogosama - Soarin' through Cloudsdalde (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=STZ_gxnVK58)
Ever listen to Nujabes? Yeah, it's like that.
I don't believe in work. I believe in productive play. - me

Yamaha DGX-620, Garageband '11.
Instruments: Piano (by ear since I was 3), violin (barely), Guitar (novice).

http://soundcloud.com/piercingsight
http://youtube.com/user/danegraphics
PiercingSight

Postby Overkillius » 11 Oct 2011 08:19

Okay, I can't think of any good reasons for why I even like these, but I spent the better part of a week thinking about this.

5. So Many Wonders (EuroSky Mix) - Eurobeat Brony

4. Beyond Her Garden - Wooden Toaster

3. November - Vafrous Coyote

2. Christmas in Ponyville(Snowed-In Mix) - Michael Oregano Arellano

1. Hush Now Quiet Now for Choir - Dr. Dissonance

> Music Youtube! <
>>>> Tumblr! <<<<
Overkillius wrote:The bad thing about music... is that it is subjective.
The good thing about music... is that it is subjective!
Overkillius

Primary: Reaper, Famitracker
Cutie Mark: #9 Chords

Postby MichaelA » 12 Oct 2011 18:23

Overkillius wrote:Okay, I can't think of any good reasons for why I even like these, but I spent the better part of a week thinking about this.

2. Christmas in Ponyville(Snowed-In Mix) - Michael Oregano Arellano

I... Why you call me that?!?
Wait, I gave you permission because you're the only one who can spell my name.

So while I'm here, Might as well add to this. They are in no particular order, by the way. These are just my top 5. I like them all so much, I CAN'T ORDER THEM!

KeepOnRockin' - Spin That Record Vinyl Scrach
I love KoR's work, He seriously got me into hardstyle. That kid has some amazing songs!

Jackle App - Summer
Bonbombing. And, it's a very catchy song!

Eurobeat Brony - Evil Enchantress(Eurospell Mix)
I love eurobeat personally(I listened to some before I got into trance), and Euro's Evil Enchantress is just so catchy!

Foozogz - Pinkie Pie Loves Sugar(Sugar Rush Mix)
Every time I listen to this, it makes me really happy!

Alex S. - Melting Pot of Alcohol
Has the most intense drops.
------------------
My Youtube
^^ Go sub, yo!
MichaelA

Postby ArtAttack » 30 Oct 2011 18:45

Hm, so many, many, many choices.

#5: Foozogz As PinkiePieSwear - Sparkle (Season Rebirth)
I need at least one foozogz song on here, the guy's amazing. This is my personal favorite of his, not only because of how much of a great song it is, but also because it was a style swap with an incredibly difficult person to imitate, PPS. He nailed it. There isn't another word to describe it.

#4 Pinkie Guy: Pony Swag (Good Cheer Mix)
Mixing is a bit off at parts, but everything else is so unique and for lack of a better word, strange (in a good way) that this goes to #4. Perfect sampling, crazy weird wobbles, tasteful use of rap. You kinda have to hear it to know it.

#3: Glaze: Beyond her Garden
This one slipped by me at first, but that instant the supersaws enter still gives me chills EVERY time I here. The flux pavillion bass adds some dubstep flavor while keeping the signature glaze style I know and love. Incredible track.

#2: KeepOnRockin': Spin That Record Vinyl Scratch
This song. I love everything KOR does, but this is just the epitome of what he can do. Incredibly catchy melodies, amazing hardstyle kicks, great mixing, screech patterns that rival Scope DJ and the Noisecontrollers (forgive me KOR if those aren't the best examples ^_^)

#1: Eurobeat Brony vs. Alex S. - Luna
Without a doubt my favorite song this fandom has produced. Not only does it get non-pony people at school dancing their asses off, it's just perfectly mastered and professional. My only complaint about it is that it isn't longer. Seriously. That's the only thing wrong.

Not quite top 5 list:
Coming soon
Name: Sam
DAW: FL Studio 10
Genre: French Electro, Electro House, Complextro, Dubstep
Current Projects:
SECOND ALBUM
BALLOON PARTY: Tourniqakes
Lots of remixes omg
ArtAttack

Cutie Mark: idiot mark

Postby Freewave » 10 Dec 2011 18:10

Well this thread made me go in a download frenzy the other night as I was missing quite a core of it. However I wanted to highlight 5 favorites that i didn't see on here (or as much) which i found in my days prior to joining the site.

5 (Something off of Foozogz - My Mind is Full of Pony
there's just too many great track on here to pick just 1 (although that would likely be Flutter (Baby Dragon Remix) or to not hail it from the mountain tops.

4. SoGreatandPowerful - A Beautiful Heart

I just love SGaP's unique use of Jazz House in their tracks and this is a wonderful piece that just has such great sampling and production all around. Hope we see more in the future.

3. SimGretina -At the Gala (20% Cooler Remix)

Vocal epic trance remixes of the show should somewhat fail by nature but this takes one of the best songs from the show and amps it to such an awesome level and it works amazingly and oh so well.

2. Dj Alex S. - Party With Pinky

Love this guys production and style so have to get him a spot on here and this is a great track for that.

1. PinkiePieSwear - Sunshine and Celery Stalks

Everyone talks about Flutterwonder (which is equally awesome) but I personally love that 1) it's an Apple Jack song and there sure are not many of those, 2) it's similar in the microsampling style as FW but i think i like the fact the words make more ..sense, 3) its that under-rated (it needs to be on the list, which it wasn't).
Links for my music: YouTube, Bandcamp, and Tumblr
Check out the Brony Music Directory and FimMusic. A portal for all pony music
Support the 20+ Musician Maressey Project currently underway.
Freewave

Primary: Fl Studio 10
Cutie Mark: X$X

Next

Return to Off-Topic Discussion