Your Top 5 Favorite Songs

Sports, politics, movies, videogames, questionable hobbies, photos from your family vacation, etc. Talk about stuff that isn't ponies or music. But do try to stay on topic and respectful of alternate opinions.

Your Top 5 Favorite Songs

Postby RocknRollPony » 15 Feb 2012 22:34

What are your top 5 favorite songs? Any genre, any band is fair game. (And if you really feel like it, you can post more than 5.) So I begin in no particular order...

1. A Day in the Life/Strawberry Fields Forever (tie)- The Beatles. Pretty much the greatest songs ever written in my opinion. Great music and lyrics.
2. Echoes- Pink Floyd. Long, mainly instrumental, with experimental middle section. I love the vocals and lyrics on this one. Has a cool underwater feel.
3. Ramble On- Led Zeppelin. Awesome bass guitar and drums, and Lord of The Rings references put this one on my list. The jangly guitar is also great.
4. The End- The Doors. Mysterious eastern sounding guitar and drums dominate this song, along with great keyboard work. The lyrics are great until the screaming creepy part.
5. Xanadu- Rush. Mystical intro makes you feel as if you are scaling mountains in eastern lands unknown, along with superb playing, particularly the percussion. Geddy Lee is an amazing bass player.

So go ahead and share your top 5
RocknRollPony

Re: Your Top 5 Favorite Songs

Postby Freewave » 15 Feb 2012 23:38

Wow very classic rock.

i hate to say it but this thread was done already
viewtopic.php?f=21&t=586
Links for my music: YouTube, Bandcamp, and Tumblr
Check out the Brony Music Directory and FimMusic. A portal for all pony music
Support the 20+ Musician Maressey Project currently underway.
Freewave

Primary: Fl Studio 10
Cutie Mark: X$X

Re: Your Top 5 Favorite Songs

Postby RocknRollPony » 16 Feb 2012 18:48

Damn, how did I not see that. I feel pretty retarded lol.
RocknRollPony

Return to Off-Topic Discussion