The hugging/venting thread

Sports, politics, movies, videogames, questionable hobbies, photos from your family vacation, etc. Talk about stuff that isn't ponies or music. But do try to stay on topic and respectful of alternate opinions.

Re: The hugging/venting thread

Postby Pickslide1992 » 07 Dec 2013 21:59

Facade wrote:id feel like someone wants/likes me for the first time in my life

First time in your life? You mean to tell me you've never had friends to talk to you? Parents who loved you unconditionally because you were born from their seed? A community of musicians who all make tunes about technicolor horses? If I didn't care about you, I wouldn't be typing any of this or attempt to help you, even if I don't know much about you personally. From what I see, you're a great guy who indeed deserves plenty of friends and listeners. I mean everything word that I'm typing, but like I said, you first have to crawl before you walk. If at first you don't succeed, keep trying until you do. Trust me, it'll make success all the more enjoyable.
Hey guys, new YouTube!

http://www.youtube.com/user/PowerChordEPS

Gear:
2003 Gibson SG
Line 6 PodXT
FL Studio

Styles: Rock, metal, pop, new wave
Pickslide1992

Postby JSynth » 08 Dec 2013 14:03

Facade wrote:whats the point? we live just to die? all i hear is this shit about do something for people etc etc why? we all die thats it the point of life is to die am i wrong to want that to happen sooner?

Suicide is the most selfish thing you can do. You may not think so, but it really is. We are all in the battle of life together, and it sucks sometimes. But having challenges in life is a sorry excuse for ending it. You see, ending your life doesn't just affect you, it affects everyone around you. Close friends and family are going to be the ones you hurt the most.

Now I need to get back to a class that I am hopelessly failing. Don't carry on like this, or so help me I will start telling you about the love of Jesus.
https://soundcloud.com/jasper-synth/back-at-me
Jokeblue wrote:You fool. You've doomed the Spam thread to yet another, inevitable :3 spam.

My Tumblr
My YouTube
My SoundCloud

DAW: Logic Pro 9
Plugins: Sylenth, Sausage Fattener, Komplete 9, NI The Mouth, Ozone 5, Bitspeek
JSynth

Primary: Logic 9
Cutie Mark: yo face

Postby Pickslide1992 » 08 Dec 2013 16:07

JSynth wrote:
Facade wrote:whats the point? we live just to die? all i hear is this shit about do something for people etc etc why? we all die thats it the point of life is to die am i wrong to want that to happen sooner?

Suicide is the most selfish thing you can do. You may not think so, but it really is. We are all in the battle of life together, and it sucks sometimes. But having challenges in life is a sorry excuse for ending it. You see, ending your life doesn't just affect you, it affects everyone around you. Close friends and family are going to be the ones you hurt the most.

Now I need to get back to a class that I am hopelessly failing. Don't carry on like this, or so help me I will start telling you about the love of Jesus.

I was going to say this, but suicide isn't so much selfish as it is an escape from pain that's too much to bear. Take it from someone who almost did it himself. I can see why it's seen as selfish, but the people who contemplate suicide are in pain, maybe not physical, but mental and psychological.

Think of it this way: Suicide isn't something you decide to do. It's something that comes from a series of defeats and feelings of not being wanted. Your emotions and mental illness takes control and you can't think straight. Technically it could be considered a selfish act, but again, it's an illness trying to kill you as you try and fight back. You feel as though you have no other choice.
Hey guys, new YouTube!

Gear:
2003 Gibson SG
Line 6 PodXT
FL Studio

Pickslide1992

Postby Nine Volt » 08 Dec 2013 22:28

Ok, so this pales in comparison to the past few problems but it's pissing me off and I need advice.

It's about my scheduling. Now, I have no idea what kind of courses are offered in college, so I don't really know if any of this truly matters, but still (if you're wondering, I'm looking to go to UMASS, not sure if Amherst or not, and I'm 99% certain I'll exceed their requirements by a fair bit).

So there are 2 classes I really want to take: German 1 (2 if I can), and Intro to Business (which would lead into just plain Business; I'm not actually sure there is an Intro to Business though).

So why don't I just switch my foreign language to German? That's because grad requirements are 3 consecutive years of the same foreign language. I think 4 years would look better on an application so I think I'll stick with my current Spanish unless I really can't fit German into it. I want to take German so badly because I really want to learn German, so I figure if I get the basics like pronunciation and basic grammatical constructs down I can learn it at a later date.

I want to take the business courses because I think they'd be useful. I'm pretty certain I'm going to take those as my junior and senior year electives regardless.

There are a few ways I could proceed:

1. We need 6 semesters of gym to graduate. Normally it's 2 in freshman and sophomore, 1 in junior and senior, but if I push those last two into senior year then I can take German in that free space. This won't work if it turns out we have a required health course to take (which would be Health and Body Works if we did). This is the most ideal in my opinion.

2. I take some sort of introductory level German course at college. I don't know what kind of courses are offered though, so this one is not ideal.

3. If possible, I drop one of my academic classes in senior year (some of them we only need 3 years of). It would be either English or Science (though one of those may need 4 years), because I think we need 4 years of Math, I explained foreign language above, and I know what I'm doing for History (skipping Honors and jumping up to AP US History junior year and AP World History senior year).

So those are the possible procedures I can think of. It's pissing me off because they all hinge on things that I don't know. I'm not sure how you could give advice on this situation, but if you can that'd be great.
Nine Volt

Postby ClaviSound » 09 Dec 2013 02:41

Nine Volt wrote:College scheduling can sometimes be a bitch

Don't worry, I know what you're feeling, and I'm pretty sure anyone else who attends college can attest to the grief-inducing maelstrom that is registering for classes.

Honestly, this is something you need to speak with a college advisor about. I'm sure there's some way of contacting them, even if it's by email. A lot of your choices hinge on uncertainty of certain variables, and clearing those up would make the choice a lot easier.

That being said, if you want to learn German, then what's stopping you? I'm sure you can find plenty of resources online to help you, whether it's legitimate online classes, asking for help from bilingual English/German speakers, or just compiling vocabulary and conjugation lists. Unless you specifically want a traditional classroom setting, you always have the option of just doing it yourself, especially if you're passionate about learning it.
aka Scott Hopkins aka Swerve Keystyle aka Equestrian Threat: https://www.youtube.com/c/EquestrianThreat

I can't type cursive, so I don't know what's supposed to go in my signature.

Don't quote me.
ClaviSound

Primary: Audacity cuz sweg, Ableton
Cutie Mark: N/A

Postby Nine Volt » 09 Dec 2013 06:07

ClaviSound wrote:

Don't worry, I know what you're feeling, and I'm pretty sure anyone else who attends college can attest to the grief-inducing maelstrom that is registering for classes.

Honestly, this is something you need to speak with a college advisor about. I'm sure there's some way of contacting them, even if it's by email. A lot of your choices hinge on uncertainty of certain variables, and clearing those up would make the choice a lot easier.

That being said, if you want to learn German, then what's stopping you? I'm sure you can find plenty of resources online to help you, whether it's legitimate online classes, asking for help from bilingual English/German speakers, or just compiling vocabulary and conjugation lists. Unless you specifically want a traditional classroom setting, you always have the option of just doing it yourself, especially if you're passionate about learning it.

I think you may have misread or I miscommunicated; I'm still in high school.

I suppose nothing's really stopping me from learning German, but what I more want is ensuring I'm getting things like pronunciation down, and I learn those better from traditional classroom settings. Plus I don't know any German/English speakers who'd be willing to personally teach me anything. Foreign languages come easy to me though, so I'm just thinking that if I get the basics in a classroom setting I can do most of the rest on my own.
Nine Volt

Postby ClaviSound » 09 Dec 2013 10:08

Nine Volt wrote:
ClaviSound wrote:

I think you may have misread or I miscommunicated; I'm still in high school.

I suppose nothing's really stopping me from learning German, but what I more want is ensuring I'm getting things like pronunciation down, and I learn those better from traditional classroom settings. Plus I don't know any German/English speakers who'd be willing to personally teach me anything. Foreign languages come easy to me though, so I'm just thinking that if I get the basics in a classroom setting I can do most of the rest on my own.

Oh, whoops. I understood you were still in high school, I just thought you were looking forward to college.

Still, a school advisor's going to give you more information than anything else.

Honestly, I don't think taking four consecutive foreign language classes is going to look any worse than taking two different foreign language courses. Unless there's an AP course available that you could consider to get college credit, your status on foreign language classes really doesn't matter. Much more important to colleges are extracurricular activities, Advanced Placement scores, and college prep work, with grades and what classes you've taken to graduate much less critical to being accepted. Of course, also depending on where you live, it might be cool to be able to put "bilingual" on an application, but I myself took four years of Spanish in high school, and I can't say I'm even passively fluent.

Unless there's a clear advantage beyond just taking four years for the sake of consistency, there's nothing to worry about.
aka Scott Hopkins aka Swerve Keystyle aka Equestrian Threat: https://www.youtube.com/c/EquestrianThreat

Don't quote me.
ClaviSound

Postby Nine Volt » 09 Dec 2013 13:57

Alright, cool. It turns out that Intro to Business and Business are actually only one class, so that's what I'm going to take (unless one of the 2 year partnership programs interests me enough). I'm probably going to swap out my Spanish class for German in senior year to get the basics. I wish I just took German from the beginning.
Nine Volt

Postby the4thImpulse » 10 Dec 2013 00:22

If I were to disappear from MLR would anyone miss me? It seems there isn't much for me here at all but I guess I'm just so used to coming here that I can't just slow down or anything. If anyone does find my opinions/knowledge useful I'd really like to know but I get the feeling I'm no linger needed (if I ever was). I am looking for an honest answer, if you all don't need me then I will be leaving and likely never to return.

I miss when there was a lot more 'music discussion' on here, there were many more people offering their experiences and knowledge but now, it seems like a lot more regular hat room conversation stuff (not that there is a problem with that at all, if you enjoy it I would never wish to take it away from you).
the4thImpulse

Primary: Ableton Live 8
Cutie Mark: Blank flank

Postby FLAOFEI » 10 Dec 2013 00:41

Dude... O.O
Ppl here discussing suicide?
My problems pale in comparison... I jest did worse than usual on a maths test... And a slightly bigger problem...
I'm being a bully, but I can't stop :c
He's just way too anoying sometimes... But hes just like I was in my last schools, a socialy incompetent, really smart guy. He just dosn't get socil life! Hes a racist without even knowing it! I take major actions to avoid him! But I feel for the guy... He may be a bit of a idiot, but he means well... An he (at least used to) see menas his ony friend! He even used to ask me how he could become less socially akward :c I try not to get anoyed at him...

So now that I havea girlfriend hes starting to back off a bit... I think hes jelly that she gets my atention. Srsly, ppl have told me he might have a crush on me :c

Anyway, I think I'm being a big meany pants, but I can't help my self! I would tell him the truth, but I know the truth would hurt him... And I'm not sure I'd dare.

I'm rambeling :I

Long story short:
I'm haveing a hard time (love and) tolerateing a socially akward guy in school. I think I am his only friend, and I know dat feel all to well, so I don't want to hurt his feelings... I hate making him feel excluded, but I litterally can't help it! What do? I don't wan't to be the [N-word], as he would say it (he says he has nothing against them, but still he overuses the word that rhymes with bigger!), who ruined this part of his life :c
Plz halp D:

And 4th, if you think you don't get enough out of this site you could go ahead and leav... I for one think you bring smething good to this forum, your advice always seems relevant and helpful. If you are leaving though, thanx for enriching the knowledge of this forum. It's ben helpfull.
)>-<)))^*> Sharkpon4srs
https://soundcloud.com/flaofei/brothel-king
Rainbow Dash lives on SOUNDCLOUD; Big Mac posts on Eeyyuptube; Twilight is a BOOKfACE; Octavia went to BandCamp! And Derpy has bad balance, you could say she TUMBLrING
ImageOMG POLKA PLOT!!! BEST ALBUM IN THE HISTORY OF POLKACORE!!!
FLAOFEI

Primary: Fruit Loops 10
Cutie Mark: POLKA PLOT

Postby Magnitude Zero » 10 Dec 2013 09:13

the4thImpulse wrote:If I were to disappear from MLR would anyone miss me?

Yes.

Your advice is always so great and professional and helpful, and you've certainly helped me out in the past even when I didn't make a post saying so. And I have zero complaints about you as a mod, which is pretty rare on forums in general.

Don't ever think that you're unappreciated around here. To my knowledge there's not a single person here who doesn't respect the hell out of you.
Formerly known as Blind

DAW: FL Studio 10
Style: Chill/Downtempo

Soundcloud | Youtube | Tumblr
Magnitude Zero

Primary: FL Studio 10
Cutie Mark: Horse butt not large enough

Postby Conduit » 10 Dec 2013 09:21

the4thImpulse wrote:If I were to disappear from MLR would anyone miss me? It seems there isn't much for me here at all but I guess I'm just so used to coming here that I can't just slow down or anything. If anyone does find my opinions/knowledge useful I'd really like to know but I get the feeling I'm no longer needed (if I ever was). I am looking for an honest answer, if you all don't need me then I will be leaving and likely never to return.

I miss when there was a lot more 'music discussion' on here, there were many more people offering their experiences and knowledge but now, it seems like a lot more regular hat room conversation stuff (not that there is a problem with that at all, if you enjoy it I would never wish to take it away from you).

Of course we would miss you. I know I definitely would. Your comments are always insightful, and I tend to read anything that you've commented on. Personally you've helped me more then you could ever know. You helped me build up a studio that will last me years, and helped me decide what college would best suit me, a decision I didn't even have the slightest clue how to approach.

I too would like to see more music discussion, as the site has slowed down a bit, but don't think for a second that you aren't appreciated here.
https://soundcloud.com/flatflish/a-warm-past

DAW: Logic 9
Vst's: Absynth, Battery, FM8, Guitar Rig, Kontakt, Massive, Maschine
Real Instruments: Acoustic/Electric Guitar, Cello, Piano

YoutubeSoundcloudTutors ThreadSkype: FlatflishImage
Conduit

Primary: Logic Pro 9
Cutie Mark: Strings

Postby ClaviSound » 11 Dec 2013 14:08

Guess who just lost his college scholarship?

D in calculus. It's literally impossible for me to pull a 3.3 to maintain my National Merit scholarship.

The scariest thing about it is I can't bring myself to feel anything about it. Not sadness, not even indifference really. I hope with all my heart it's just the numbness from finding out.

I'm going to contact the people running the scholarship program along with the calculus instructor about it, but it's probably not going to change much.

Of course, this is going to be solved by getting a job. There's really no other option. And having a D on a transcript isn't going to look pretty for applying for other scholarships.

This is what happens when I try to let my natural propensity for picking things up quickly carry me. It always bites me in the ass.

Don't quote me.
ClaviSound

Postby Conduit » 11 Dec 2013 15:40

ClaviSound wrote:Guess who just lost his college scholarship?

D in calculus. It's literally impossible for me to pull a 3.3 to maintain my National Merit scholarship.

The scariest thing about it is I can't bring myself to feel anything about it. Not sadness, not even indifference really. I hope with all my heart it's just the numbness from finding out.

I'm going to contact the people running the scholarship program along with the calculus instructor about it, but it's probably not going to change much.

Of course, this is going to be solved by getting a job. There's really no other option. And having a D on a transcript isn't going to look pretty for applying for other scholarships.

This is what happens when I try to let my natural propensity for picking things up quickly carry me. It always bites me in the ass.

Do you need calculus? Here at least its not mandatory, so even if you take it and fail you can just exclude it when you send in your transcript. I don't know what you're looking at getting into but as long as it isn't heavily math based you should still be OK.

Conduit

Postby ClaviSound » 11 Dec 2013 17:37

Conduit wrote:

Do you need calculus? Here at least its not mandatory, so even if you take it and fail you can just exclude it when you send in your transcript. I don't know what you're looking at getting into but as long as it isn't heavily math based you should still be OK.

I'm already in college. First semester, going through the school of engineering. Calculus II is mandatory.

However, after talking to the person in charge of it, I can file a scholarship petition to be put on a probation period where if I maintain a 3.3 to the end of the next semester, not hitting it this semester will be overlooked, so it's not as bad as I first thought.

Don't quote me.
ClaviSound

Postby Conduit » 11 Dec 2013 22:04

ClaviSound wrote:
Conduit wrote:

I'm already in college. First semester, going through the school of engineering. Calculus II is mandatory.

However, after talking to the person in charge of it, I can file a scholarship petition to be put on a probation period where if I maintain a 3.3 to the end of the next semester, not hitting it this semester will be overlooked, so it's not as bad as I first thought.

My bad, forgot for a second that you weren't in high school. Anyway, I hope it works out for you.

Conduit

Postby Pickslide1992 » 15 Dec 2013 08:43

Well, I had my first panic attack in a long time, and to be honest, I'm still not feeling okay. Let me put this out there, I would never wish this fate on anyone, not even my worst enemy. I would wish the sweet release of death over having to live a lifetime of anxiety and panic at every turn. It's torture.
Hey guys, new YouTube!

Gear:
2003 Gibson SG
Line 6 PodXT
FL Studio

Pickslide1992

Postby Facade » 17 Dec 2013 21:07

dear family

i don't see why you think you care you don't the only person that's really helped in any way is my sister who i dearly love. maybe if you'd stop alienating your self you wouldn't die alone which you probably will you stuck up pieces of shit. i cant explain my anger to you as you wouldn't understand because every one thinks differently especially you and me... you don't love me you don't even act like it (and if you do you are doing a piss poor job at it). oh and another thing YOU ARE THE REASON PEOPLE HATE CHRISTIANS you are selfish always point fingers and throw stones when you shouldn't if you could just stop failing at killing your self's maybe i wouldn't think about doing it my self.

fuck off
sincerely
a pisses off kid
https://facadeofages.bandcamp.com/album ... o-the-dark
Spoiler Quotes:
DerpyGrooves wrote:The secret to a good song has everything to do with the relationship of the verse and the chorus to one another

ONEHOODASSPONY wrote:Image
Facade

Primary: Fl11 + Lsdj
Cutie Mark: None

Postby Polarlys » 18 Dec 2013 08:05

the4thImpulse wrote:If I were to disappear from MLR would anyone miss me? It seems there isn't much for me here at all but I guess I'm just so used to coming here that I can't just slow down or anything. If anyone does find my opinions/knowledge useful I'd really like to know but I get the feeling I'm no linger needed (if I ever was). I am looking for an honest answer, if you all don't need me then I will be leaving and likely never to return.

2 years ago, I presented a beyond crappy composed piano tune, and you gave me some of the most basic advices of all, and even gave me a few compliments

It pains me to see you leave (and even more that you probably won't see this), and I wish to thank you for sparking my motivation at that time.

I wish you'd stay :sad:
Polarlys

Primary: FL
Cutie Mark: Lag, bananas and nightmares

Postby FLAOFEI » 18 Dec 2013 16:34

Facade wrote:dear family

fuck off
sincerely
a pisses off kid

Wow, feel for ya man.
I can only imagine what you have to put up with...
They probably do love you though, they just don't know how to show it :/
Good luck though, sounds like you need it.
)>-<)))^*> Sharkpon4srs
Rainbow Dash lives on SOUNDCLOUD; Big Mac posts on Eeyyuptube; Twilight is a BOOKfACE; Octavia went to BandCamp! And Derpy has bad balance, you could say she TUMBLrING
FLAOFEI

Postby Facade » 18 Dec 2013 16:41

FLAOFEI wrote:They probably do love you though, they just don't know how to show it :/

oh yea cause moving to the other side of the country reeeallly shows ones love for you
Spoiler Quotes:
DerpyGrooves wrote:The secret to a good song has everything to do with the relationship of the verse and the chorus to one another

Facade

Postby FLAOFEI » 20 Dec 2013 01:42

Facade wrote:
FLAOFEI wrote:They probably do love you though, they just don't know how to show it :/

oh yea cause moving to the other side of the country reeeallly shows ones love for you

FLAOFEI wrote:don't know how to show it :/

It's sad, bit some ppl just don't know how to show they care :/

I don't know them though, and from what you're saying they don't sound like plesant people :(
Sory man... I just don't know what to say... I would usually tell people to look at the bright side... But I don't know you well enough to know where that bright side is hideing :/
You only really need to put up with them a few more years though, then you're 18 and can do whatever you want for the rest of your life. That's gotta be a bright side, right?
Idk... And until then you can make your escape in the digital world :I
Happy thoughts?
)>-<)))^*> Sharkpon4srs
FLAOFEI

Postby Facade » 20 Dec 2013 08:45

im already 19 got kicked out of college though i would of never kept going anyways i hate sitting in front of books doing nothing all day id rather be hands on. :I

i think im going to join the coast guard
Spoiler Quotes:

Facade

Postby Freewave » 20 Dec 2013 16:01

Facade wrote:im already 19 got kicked out of college though i would of never kept going anyways i hate sitting in front of books doing nothing all day id rather be hands on. :I

i think im going to join the coast guard

That is always definitely an out. Go for it.
Links for my music: YouTube, Bandcamp, and Tumblr
Check out the Brony Music Directory and FimMusic. A portal for all pony music
Support the 20+ Musician Maressey Project currently underway.
Freewave

Primary: Fl Studio 10
Cutie Mark: X$X

Postby Facade » 20 Dec 2013 20:07

hopefully they will accept me they accept just about anyone right?
Spoiler Quotes:

Facade

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic Discussion