All I want is some speakers. ;-;

Sports, politics, movies, videogames, questionable hobbies, photos from your family vacation, etc. Talk about stuff that isn't ponies or music. But do try to stay on topic and respectful of alternate opinions.

All I want is some speakers. ;-;

Postby Drayde Wernick » 05 Dec 2011 19:24

Okay, I have a Toshiba 32'' LCD HDTV. Picture quality is as great as promised, but the audio is just horrendous. I don't know how to explain why, but it just is. It's like any bass is inaudible but high pitched sounds are loud enough to make all dogs within a 3 mile radius go deaf. A little bit of an exaggeration.

I intend to try some speakers to resolve this issue, but I am utterly lost. I am naive, and thought it might be as simple as taking some speakers (specifically, these, which are currently being used on my PC and are totally awesome) and plugging them into the TV. Evidently, things didn't exactly pan out like that. I can't seem to figure out how to connect these speakers, if I can. And if not, I just don't understand what kind of speakers CAN be hooked up to this TV.

These are all the ports on the TV (list taken from here):

HDMI Ports: 2 (rear) (Supports 1080p/24/60), HDMI-CEC
Colorstream® HD Inputs: 1 (rear) (Supports up to 1080i)
Composite Video Inputs: 1 (rear)
USB 2.0 Ports: 1 (side) (Photos, Music)
Antenna (RF) Input: 1 (rear)
PC (VGA) Input: 1 (rear) (Audio shared with HDMI 1) (Supports up to WXGA)
Digital Optical Audio: 1 (rear)

I refuse to believe that Toshiba would make a TV with such shitty built-in speakers and not have any way to connect better ones, so I assume that the problem is I just don't know what I'm doing. :p Can you give me any help?
Drayde Wernick

Re: All I want is some speakers. ;-;

Postby Drayde Wernick » 05 Dec 2011 19:28

And please go easy on me, I know nothing about all this cable/port/jack stuff. All I know about hooking up electronics is that I have these cable things, and they're supposed to fit into these hole things, then magic is supposed to happen and everything lights up.
Drayde Wernick

Re: All I want is some speakers. ;-;

Postby Mundius » 05 Dec 2011 20:43

It seems like there's no output port on your TV. So, unless you can output with your HDMI from your TV to a 5.1-channel setup, you're kind of screwed.
Mundius

Primary: Not yet specified.
Cutie Mark: Blank flank

Return to Off-Topic Discussion