--Introduction Thread-- Newbies Please Use This Thread First

Sports, politics, movies, videogames, questionable hobbies, photos from your family vacation, etc. Talk about stuff that isn't ponies or music. But do try to stay on topic and respectful of alternate opinions.

Re: --Introduction Thread-- Newbies Please Use This Thread F

Postby FritzyBeat » 13 Nov 2013 18:48

Hello everyone!

My name is FritzyBeat, and I am a brand new fan of the MLP tv show and an even newer brony musician XD

I first got into the show about 2-3 weeks ago (loving it of course), and after hearing all the amazing music you Bronies have been making about the show on Youtube and Toastbeard and stuff, I decided to try my hand at creating MLP-inspired music too =)

I only have two songs up online at the moment on Youtube, Equestrian Beats, and Soundcloud under the same name "FritzyBeat", but I plan on making lots more in the near future =D
I won't spam you all with links and stuff for now, but if you want you can look my music up anyways =P I might link you all to them in some other thread once I get to know my way around this site a little more.

Anyways, Nice to meet you! I look forward to chatting with all of you, and checking out all your amazing music! X3

~Fritzy
My Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCybhzNv4lLfKc1gQ09Cqx6g
If any of you guys are looking for a singer (or an occasional songwriter) then feel free to hit me up, I'm always happy to join in a collaboration =)
FritzyBeat

Primary: GarageBand
Cutie Mark: Muffins!

Postby Snoopy 20111 » 13 Nov 2013 21:31

FritzyBeat wrote:Hello everyone!

My name is FritzyBeat, and I am a brand new fan of the MLP tv show and an even newer brony musician XD

I first got into the show about 2-3 weeks ago (loving it of course), and after hearing all the amazing music you Bronies have been making about the show on Youtube and Toastbeard and stuff, I decided to try my hand at creating MLP-inspired music too =)

I only have two songs up online at the moment on Youtube, Equestrian Beats, and Soundcloud under the same name "FritzyBeat", but I plan on making lots more in the near future =D
I won't spam you all with links and stuff for now, but if you want you can look my music up anyways =P I might link you all to them in some other thread once I get to know my way around this site a little more.

Anyways, Nice to meet you! I look forward to chatting with all of you, and checking out all your amazing music! X3

~Fritzy

Alright! Welcome to the herd! /)
I really like your voice from both of these songs of yours, too! "Oxygen" is a particularly great song, as the music and your vocals blend really well. Wouldn't mind if I got spammed with links to stuff like this!
Youtube
EQBeats
SoundCloud

I have an approximate knowledge of many things!
Snoopy 20111

Primary: Garageband
Cutie Mark: A stratocaster

Postby FritzyBeat » 14 Nov 2013 04:57

Snoopy 20111 wrote:
FritzyBeat wrote:Hello everyone!

~Fritzy

Alright! Welcome to the herd! /)
I really like your voice from both of these songs of yours, too! "Oxygen" is a particularly great song, as the music and your vocals blend really well. Wouldn't mind if I got spammed with links to stuff like this!

Haha, thank you so much Snoopy! I'm honored you would actually take the time to look up my stuff, and I'm glad to be a part of the herd =)
If any of you guys are looking for a singer (or an occasional songwriter) then feel free to hit me up, I'm always happy to join in a collaboration =)
FritzyBeat

Postby Coloriot » 14 Nov 2013 11:11

I dub thee n00b.

Because I'm mean.
Colorkek that makes computer noises.

What's my main genre? All of them.

[Youtube] [Soundcloud] [EQBeats] [Bandcamp] [Twitter]
Coloriot

Primary: Ableton Live 7
Cutie Mark: Mac Color Wheel of Doom

Postby Snoopy 20111 » 14 Nov 2013 12:36

Coloriot wrote:I dub thee n00b.

Because I'm mean.

And I dub the Diamond Tiara for being mean for no reason. :lol:
Youtube
EQBeats
SoundCloud

Snoopy 20111

Postby Coloriot » 14 Nov 2013 16:32

This could be a forum game.

And so it shall be so.
Colorkek that makes computer noises.

What's my main genre? All of them.

[Youtube] [Soundcloud] [EQBeats] [Bandcamp] [Twitter]
Coloriot

Primary: Ableton Live 7
Cutie Mark: Mac Color Wheel of Doom

Postby ArisingFlame » 14 Nov 2013 20:05

Snoopy 20111 wrote:a sophmore at Belton New Tech High, in Belton,TX.

Belton, eh? Killeen here. No school. Just ex-military. XD
My first (and so far, only) pony track!
https://soundcloud.com/dj-broken-top/my-little-pony-i-have-to

I'm always open to do vocals for peoples! Sing/scream/rap, whatever it may be, I'm open!
My Solo Soundcloud - My Electronic Solo Soundcloud - My EDM Group's Soundcloud
ArisingFlame

Primary: FL Studio 11
Cutie Mark: My Beard

Postby ExoBassTix » 15 Nov 2013 10:53

I just happened to stumble upon this and had to reply:
Injustrial wrote:Age 16 and able to grow a beard?! I'm 26 and can't even manage a shade!

I've just become 15 and look at my face in the FACES thread :3

Anyways, to all new persons, congratz in having successfully joined MyLittleRemix. I am Exo, and I'm going back to work :I
Collecting dust...

Dieselminded drifter dodging delirium in daunting dreamscapes.
ExoBassTix

Primary: FL Studio 20
Cutie Mark: a crystal waterphone

Postby FritzyBeat » 15 Nov 2013 16:23

Coloriot wrote:I dub thee n00b.

Because I'm mean.

And I dub thyself n00b as well.

Because I'm indifferent :3
*shot dead*
FritzyBeat

Postby simonli2575 » 15 Nov 2013 16:55

For all you newbies out there: "n00b" is used to describe newbies negatively, while "newb" is a neutral term.
http://soundcloud.com/simonli2575
My YouTube channel
Steam profile
Software: FL Studio, Z3ta+2 & Massive
Hardware: Roland 800-Pro and a computer
Genres: Drum 'n' Bass and occasionally Jungle
Genres I want to try out: Dubstep, Breakcore, Hardstyle and Trap
Alycs made my new avatar. \o/
simonli2575

Primary: FL Studio
Cutie Mark: Why are you staring at my ass

Postby hunterz263 » 15 Nov 2013 21:13

Uhm... Hello.

I am hunterz263 across the internet and have been in the brony fandom for nearly two years now. I myself have invested a lot of time and passion into nearly every aspect of the fandom when it comes to creative interests including fanficiton writing -- fanfiction writing is still the area I am best at...when I get motivated to write -- and digital arts. I have had so many experiences that I could write a standalone autobiography on it. It has been wonderful to be in this fandom and I believe I shall stay in it for many years to come.

I...am joining this forum to actually try and get a little help. I myself am new to the music side of the fandom. Just under a year ago I picked up my mother's acoustic guitar and starting strumming thanks to the inspiration of http://www.youtube.com/user/ISMBOFepicly and many other guitarist in the fandom. After a year, I am ready to try and compose.

I just hope I can do it just as easily as I have with my fanfictions and vectors...

...if I can ever get past the fact I do not know how to set up a Guitar Rig metalcore tone.

That is another thing. I myself would like to make metalcore music similar to Metalcorepony's works and ISMBOF's compositions. However, I do not know how to make the tones clean or sound "even". I do not even know how to equalize my entire guitar set-up. Hehe... But on the bright side I also wish to explore the more gentle genres (which I am surprisingly good at) as well; pretty much any genre that involves an electric guitar

So, uhm... Yeah.

--hunterz263
Soundcloud: hunterz263
YouTube: gamer263

Audio Interface:
-Fractal Audio Axe-FX II XL

Guitars:
-Fender American Standard Stratocaster (Standard tuning)
-Fender American Standard Telecaster (Eb standard)
-Fender Squire Bullet Strat (Drop C#)
-Gibson Les Paul Standard 2013 (Drop D)
-Ibanez RGIR27FE (Drop A)
-Ibanez RGIR20FE (Drop A#)

Bass:
-Fender American Standard Precision Bass

DAW:
-Logic Pro X
hunterz263

Primary: Logic Pro X
Cutie Mark: Guitar

Postby FritzyBeat » 15 Nov 2013 21:55

From one newbie Brony Musician to another, I welcome you Hunterz!

I hope you enjoy your stay at the forum, and I (as well as many others here of course) look forward to hearing your work =D
FritzyBeat

Postby hunterz263 » 15 Nov 2013 22:07

FritzyBeat wrote:From one newbie Brony Musician to another, I welcome you Hunterz!

I hope you enjoy your stay at the forum, and I (as well as many others here of course) look forward to hearing your work =D

Hehe. Thank you Frizy. But I highly doubt I will be able to get something out at all for the next few months or so. I am really just trying to find my tone at the moment.

Audio Interface:

Guitars:

Bass:

DAW:
-Logic Pro X
hunterz263

Postby FritzyBeat » 16 Nov 2013 01:08

hunterz263 wrote:
FritzyBeat wrote:From one newbie Brony Musician to another, I welcome you Hunterz!

Hehe. Thank you Frizy. But I highly doubt I will be able to get something out at all for the next few months or so. I am really just trying to find my tone at the moment.

Haha, thats quite alright :) I'll just have to look forward to it longer XD

*shot*
FritzyBeat

Postby Acsii » 16 Nov 2013 01:23

simonli2575 wrote:For all you newbies out there: "n00b" is used to describe newbies negatively, while "newb" is a neutral term.

And 'booty call' is positive, right?
20 something Transgirl that makes sounds called music
Soundcloud | Facebook | Bandcamp | Blog
Placing my tongue on the GR meter to taste the gain reduction I some how improved my skills.
Acsii

Cutie Mark: Old round oscilloscope

Postby Berri » 16 Nov 2013 03:17

Acsii wrote:
simonli2575 wrote:For all you newbies out there: "n00b" is used to describe newbies negatively, while "newb" is a neutral term.

And 'booty call' is positive, right?

Booty is always a positive.
https://soundcloud.com/theberri
https://www.tumblr.com/blog/notberri
Circuitfry wrote:I'm a certified professional with venturing into butts.

JacksonMiller wrote:Wow ExoBassTix, you really like the D. ;)
Berri

Cutie Mark: ( ͡O ͜ʖ ͡O ) ovi

Postby Acsii » 16 Nov 2013 03:21

That's why I'm the beacon of positivity around here :3
20 something Transgirl that makes sounds called music
Soundcloud | Facebook | Bandcamp | Blog
Placing my tongue on the GR meter to taste the gain reduction I some how improved my skills.
Acsii

Cutie Mark: Old round oscilloscope

Postby Berri » 16 Nov 2013 09:19

Acsii wrote:That's why I'm the beacon of positivity around here :3

you are the provider of the great and powaful bootay?
why was i not informed of this!
https://soundcloud.com/theberri
https://www.tumblr.com/blog/notberri
Circuitfry wrote:I'm a certified professional with venturing into butts.

JacksonMiller wrote:Wow ExoBassTix, you really like the D. ;)
Berri

Cutie Mark: ( ͡O ͜ʖ ͡O ) ovi

Postby Snoopy 20111 » 16 Nov 2013 14:19

hunterz263 wrote:

I welcome you also, Hunterz!

It seems like you're miles ahead of me for recording purposes, but this is my 2 cents on tone-finding: just play whatever you think sounds good. Making your guitar sound different just for the sake of difference isn't always a good thing, and it's okay to sound like others. For instance, I use heavy strings, tune down to Eb, use Fender equipment, and use a Maxon OD 808 overdrive pedal, all because my idol SRV did. But I have some various other pedals for fuzz, distortion, overdrive, and wah as well as different pickups because that's all I could get my hands on and I liked the tone. There's nothing wrong with taking some time to make it sound how you want, don't get me wrong. But originality for the sake of itself is a little sketchy in my book.

If TL;DR, basically screw around with every guitar effect and EQ setting you can find, and if you think it sounds good for what you wanna do, then you're good to go. :grin: Good luck, can't wait to hear your compositions!
Youtube
EQBeats
SoundCloud

Snoopy 20111

Postby hunterz263 » 17 Nov 2013 21:58

Snoopy 20111 wrote:
hunterz263 wrote:

I welcome you also, Hunterz!

It seems like you're miles ahead of me for recording purposes, but this is my 2 cents on tone-finding: just play whatever you think sounds good. Making your guitar sound different just for the sake of difference isn't always a good thing, and it's okay to sound like others. For instance, I use heavy strings, tune down to Eb, use Fender equipment, and use a Maxon OD 808 overdrive pedal, all because my idol SRV did. But I have some various other pedals for fuzz, distortion, overdrive, and wah as well as different pickups because that's all I could get my hands on and I liked the tone. There's nothing wrong with taking some time to make it sound how you want, don't get me wrong. But originality for the sake of itself is a little sketchy in my book.

If TL;DR, basically screw around with every guitar effect and EQ setting you can find, and if you think it sounds good for what you wanna do, then you're good to go. :grin: Good luck, can't wait to hear your compositions!

I like the way you think and generally I have been told this before by many guitarist before (specifically ISMBOF). There are some sounds and tones that I do want, but specifically it would be ISMBOF's tone. But I would also love to have Metalcorepony's tone in my sound-strip library in Logic. But I have been playing around and have set up some tones. I do not believe they sound good, but they are there. Thank you for the advice though, Snoopy.

--hunterz263

Audio Interface:

Guitars:

Bass:

DAW:
-Logic Pro X
hunterz263

Postby Flashing-Lights » 19 Nov 2013 19:51

Hi! I'm Flashing-Lights! Great to meet you all!
Hi! :) I'm Flashing Lights. You can call me Flashy!
Here's my SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/flashinglightsofficial
Here's my YouTube (Although only a few songs are on there. Lol): http://www.youtube.com/user/sonicsonic220
I do have a DeviantArt, but I don't use it often. :P
I work as background musician for OutFlanks. Here's their Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/Outflanks
My Skype name is walkonthewater22.
I hope we can become great friends. :D
Flashing-Lights

Primary: Ableton
Cutie Mark: Blank flank

Postby ArisingFlame » 19 Nov 2013 21:44

Greetings stranger. I'm also stranger.
My first (and so far, only) pony track!
https://soundcloud.com/dj-broken-top/my-little-pony-i-have-to

I'm always open to do vocals for peoples! Sing/scream/rap, whatever it may be, I'm open!
My Solo Soundcloud - My Electronic Solo Soundcloud - My EDM Group's Soundcloud
ArisingFlame

Primary: FL Studio 11
Cutie Mark: My Beard

Postby FritzyBeat » 20 Nov 2013 00:53

ArisingFlame wrote:Greetings stranger. I'm also stranger.

I have an idea, lets all be strangers TOGETHER! :mrgreen: *shot*

Anyways, a warm welcome to Flashing-lights, who not only has an awesome name, but also an awesome character, and is (I'm sure) an awesome person as well! =D
We hope you enjoy for stay here at the forum! :smile:

So, do you make any music Flashing-Lights? :3
FritzyBeat

Postby ExoBassTix » 20 Nov 2013 01:04

Arasing, he's stranger than you so don't talk.

Welcome people :) I'm the local asshat, always there to help a bit if I can ;)
Don't be afraid to ask questions, we got loads of friendly people here willing to help those in need.

Enjoy your stay!
Collecting dust...

Dieselminded drifter dodging delirium in daunting dreamscapes.
ExoBassTix

Primary: FL Studio 20
Cutie Mark: a crystal waterphone

Postby Flashing-Lights » 20 Nov 2013 06:38

FritzyBeat wrote:

I have an idea, lets all be strangers TOGETHER! :mrgreen: *shot*

Anyways, a warm welcome to Flashing-lights, who not only has an awesome name, but also an awesome character, and is (I'm sure) an awesome person as well! =D
We hope you enjoy for stay here at the forum! :smile:

So, do you make any music Flashing-Lights? :3

Yeah I do make music. :)
Flashing-Lights

Primary: Ableton
Cutie Mark: Blank flank

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic Discussion