So My Keyboard's Broken, Help?

Sports, politics, movies, videogames, questionable hobbies, photos from your family vacation, etc. Talk about stuff that isn't ponies or music. But do try to stay on topic and respectful of alternate opinions.

So My Keyboard's Broken, Help?

Postby MiuMiuChuu » 14 Jan 2012 09:44

Is this the right thread?
If so then, could the mods kindly move it to somewhere appropriate?

Anyways,
My keyrig49 is broken. AGAIN.

This isn't the first case. I used to have another. It was broken as well. I was in Indonesia back when it was broken, I spent hours in hellish traffic just to find the manufacturer and I couldn't find it so I left it like that in question.

I bought a new one. I think it was August 2010. I got a warranty card, and I'm guessing it's expired right now since it only lasts a year. I tried to look for the manufacturer website to get an address here in Singapore but the website's fail to open. The place I bought my keyrig is only a retailer I think. But I would still probably go there and ask for help.

Does some of you here use M-Audio's keyrig too? And how was it for you? Any of experience such thing and how do you fix it?
A note; my keyboard travels a lot by plane. I bubblewrap it carefully, tape it furiously, writes "fragile" all over the box, and of course ask the check-in attendant to stamp it "fragile". Could this be the cause?
And if it's really unfixable (or you consider this product is indeed a shame), do you guys have any other recommendation on what keyboard should I get? Of course, maximum price I could afford is around S$200 (under 150 USD).

I'm in a middle of a big project and this really bugs me to boot.
MiuMiuChuu

Primary: Not yet specified.
Cutie Mark: Weird kind

Re: So My Keyboard's Broken, Help?

Postby Freewave » 14 Jan 2012 11:26

I actually have an M-Audio keyrig49 too and I've been happy with mine, no issues. Then again its lightly used and doesn't travel much. Is it not powering up? Is the pc not recognizing it? In what way is it broken?

If its still covered by the warranty the retailer could be a drop off for the manufactur to pay for the eventual repair, but if its not covered you could be in a mess.
Links for my music: YouTube, Bandcamp, and Tumblr
Check out the Brony Music Directory and FimMusic. A portal for all pony music
Support the 20+ Musician Maressey Project currently underway.
Freewave

Primary: Fl Studio 10
Cutie Mark: X$X

Postby MiuMiuChuu » 14 Jan 2012 23:35

I connect all the USB cords, but when I turn it on, it doesn't turn on.
MiuMiuChuu

Primary: Not yet specified.
Cutie Mark: Weird kind

Postby Freewave » 15 Jan 2012 13:49

well as long as you've swapped out usb cords and ports (tried that right?) it sounds like the power is having an issue. and that sounds like a hardware issue. check your warranty and if you are still covered, if not it may cost you a bit or you might want to get a new one if you have had prior issues.
Links for my music: YouTube, Bandcamp, and Tumblr
Check out the Brony Music Directory and FimMusic. A portal for all pony music
Support the 20+ Musician Maressey Project currently underway.
Freewave

Primary: Fl Studio 10
Cutie Mark: X$X

Return to Off-Topic Discussion