The "Review for Review" Thread

Sports, politics, movies, videogames, questionable hobbies, photos from your family vacation, etc. Talk about stuff that isn't ponies or music. But do try to stay on topic and respectful of alternate opinions.

The "Review for Review" Thread

Postby Mr.Afrox » 26 Jun 2013 13:23

How does the R4R thread work then? Basically, you HAVE to review ANY work that has been linked in this thread BEFORE you can post a link to what ever work you want to be reviewed
------------------
To prevent any unwanted reviews on old songs please link a song you WANT to be reviewed on.
Note: You can only link one song per review.
To make things even more interesting: Feel free to post a link that isn't your song that you want to be reviewed.
When you review, put a tag of something like "R4R" at the end so that we can gain more traffic in this thread.
------------------
Motivate the community!
What can I do to help?
- First thing you can do is by leaving constructive reviews. Throw a couple points that you liked, what you disliked, and what could be improved on. All of this can be done in a paragraph.
- Add artists to your favorites! People love seeing high number of fans/views on their music.
- Keep checking up on this thread.
------------------
Point System
I will be adding a point system to this thread.I and perhaps a couple other folks will count up reviews people have written from the start of this thread and update it weekly.
Everybody loves stats!

For Example
User | Reviews | Rank | # of places moved up or down from previews week.
Mr.Afrox | 001 | 1 | +0 |
I will be updating this every Sunday night.
------------------
Rules
- Please do your best to not spam reviews and post your songs. THIS MEANS NO ONE-LINER REVIEWS. Everyone wants exposure. Keep it to a couple per week, depending on how fast this thread grows. Remember folks, use your common sense. ;3
- If you feel a review is unfair or quite harsh, DO NOT vent in this thread. PM the reviewer if you have a problem and try to clear things out. If that doesn't work, send the issue to one of the mods in a PM and then we'll fix the problem and make everyone happy.
- If you post a song without reviewing someone else's, you will be given a warning. Same thing for one-liners. If you keep doing this on a consistent basis, THERE WILL BE CONSEQUENCES.
- Most important rule of all, have fun! where everybody loves to review and get reviews back. This will really help new users feel welcomed and finally has a way to reach out to people without the fear of some nerdy prick linking ranting them. /)
------------------
This took me an hour to write up. Time for Dinner :3

For Example:

I reviewed this:
http://mylittleremix.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=8097
Here is a song I want to be reviewed on:
http://mylittleremix.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=8132
Mr.Afrox

Primary: FL STUDIO 11.04
Cutie Mark: Blank flank

Re: The "Review for Review" Thread

Postby PropellerEscape » 26 Jun 2013 13:26

There's actually already a 'review the track above' thread :3
But if this is for actual serious reviews rather than 'hurr durr look a my songz' without giving any of your own, I'm all ears :3
DAW - FL Studio 11

Main VSTs - Harmor, Harmless, Massive, Sytrus and FM8

My Main SoundCloud
My Experimental Soundcloud

Add me on Skype - PropellerEscapeMusic
PropellerEscape

Primary: Flel Studio 11.
Cutie Mark: Synth of Lel

Postby Mr.Afrox » 26 Jun 2013 13:35

constructive reviews. Throw a couple points that you liked, what you disliked, and what could be improved on. All of this can be done in a paragraph.
Mr.Afrox

Primary: FL STUDIO 11.04
Cutie Mark: Blank flank

Postby Nine Volt » 26 Jun 2013 16:00

Nine Volt

Postby Freewave » 26 Jun 2013 16:05

Yeah this exists already and is thumbnailed IN the MUSIC section where it belongs. ;) viewtopic.php?f=9&t=6639
Links for my music: YouTube, Bandcamp, and Tumblr
Check out the Brony Music Directory and FimMusic. A portal for all pony music
Support the 20+ Musician Maressey Project currently underway.
Freewave

Primary: Fl Studio 10
Cutie Mark: X$X

Postby Nine Volt » 26 Jun 2013 16:06

And Afrox posted there too. How did you miss that, exactly?
Nine Volt

Postby Navron » 26 Jun 2013 20:04

Locking thread because of duplicate topic.

If the original thread is not being used as intended, it's on everybody to make sure people are using it properly. Creating a separate thread is not a solution.
DAW: Cubase 6.5, Ableton Live 8
Preferred Genre: Industrial/Trance
Hardware: Schecter Diamond Series Bass, Yamaha Acoustic Guitar, BP355 Effects Pedal, Keystudio 49K Keyboard, Akai APC40, Korg nanoKEY2 25k Keyboard
Navron
Global Moderator

Primary: Cubase 6.5

Return to Off-Topic Discussion