Everypony Radio and Celestia Radio

Sports, politics, movies, videogames, questionable hobbies, photos from your family vacation, etc. Talk about stuff that isn't ponies or music. But do try to stay on topic and respectful of alternate opinions.

Everypony Radio and Celestia Radio

Postby [voodoopony] » 18 Nov 2011 17:29

Which do you enjoy more, or which do you think is more efficient?

Pros/cons/differences off the top of my head [WARNING: Opinions]
Celestia Radio: More of a radio station. It's got a massive playlist and you're able to put up your own music easily by user submission. You're able to listen on iTunes and there's an irc chat. You can easily browse artists and download any and all tracks you hear which is great for expanding your already massive brony music museum. I still don't know a lot about CR so feel free to add in anything I didn't mention. It's advertised almost everywhere, so I'm assuming it's the general go-to for bronymusic.

Everypony Radio: It's a livestream chat room which [for me] can make it more of a community experience. DJs take requests [I think CR does that too] and all the content is taken from Youtube with permission. They screen episodes and other videos/pmvs/skits that CR is unable to do. It can flourish with life, active users that chat on it all day, then die in a few weeks, but revive again with new viewers [and repeat]. They interview artists. Sometimes the autopilot can play the same video many times. Also, the ads suck and the quality is like sticking your head in a goat's ass. And if you like a song, you better hope someone in the chat knows what song it is.

What do you think?
Last edited by [voodoopony] on 20 Nov 2011 15:25, edited 6 times in total.
Warning: May cause rapid chest hair growth.
Youtube - Bandcamp
[voodoopony]

Re: Everypony Radio vs Celestia Radio

Postby Mundius » 18 Nov 2011 17:33

As a (former) DJ of Everypony, I can honestly say that it is easier to listen to it than CR. I've tried both. However, autopilot is very bad as you have to manually make a playlist for it and it doesn't always play it right. Hence why it repeats songs.

Anyway, I choose... neither. I never really liked CR, and I left Everypony for a reason. So, yeah. Go listen to your MP3 or something.
Mundius

Primary: Not yet specified.
Cutie Mark: Blank flank

Re: Everypony Radio and Celestia Radio

Postby Stars In Autumn » 18 Nov 2011 20:21

I listen to CR because it has a stream I can pick up with an android app. I've been to Everypony radio but I'm typically using my speakers for something else (DAW, games, vid chat, etc) when I'm on my computer.
-Stars In Autumn aka Jeffthestrider
Stars In Autumn
Site Admin

Primary: FL
Cutie Mark: Myself

Postby [voodoopony] » 19 Nov 2011 15:13

I don't listen to either a whole lot anymore but I had my time with EPR. I basically began there when it first came out. I was envious of DJ Derpy Hooves for being all over the place and it pushed me to wanna make pony music so I can be on it too haha. Now that that goal's been reached I don't know what I'm doing anymore.
Youtube - Bandcamp
[voodoopony]

Postby Rainbowdutch » 20 Nov 2011 07:22

I began my brony story in celestiaradio and I still visit it very often.
your point about the everypony community being better is wrong. the irc of celestiaradio is a very active one with a lot of people who have been there for ages. it does turn nsfw after a certain hour of the day but I think most people here are used to that ^^.
ofcourse the quality of the music is way better at celestiaradio because they can stream at a much higher bitrate.
however everyponyradio has been doing really good with the musician interviews. the only dj of celestiaradio that is close enouch with the mlr community to do that is DJshamrock and I think his internet connection is way to shitty to have a skype call and stream at the same time.
but than again I enjoy listening to shamrock a lot more that foxy...
Rainbowdutch

Postby Rainbowdutch » 20 Nov 2011 14:49

well I don't think the whole drama with flash and raindrop getting fired/leaving is a good thing...
Rainbowdutch

Postby [voodoopony] » 20 Nov 2011 15:24

Try to refrain from justifying other's opinions folks, I really don't want this to become a shitstorm ^-^

I've trimmed the original post of my farse info.

Continue on.
Youtube - Bandcamp
[voodoopony]

Postby Interrobang Pie » 20 Nov 2011 19:48

Ladies, please.

Since I haven't been on CR in 24823929 years, I'll say EPR.
A great man wrote:Circuitfry: fries circuits of this whole topic, one at a time (I know that's not how servers work, but Puns work all the time)
Interrobang Pie

Postby Mundius » 20 Nov 2011 21:38

Interrobang Pie wrote:Ladies, please.

Since I haven't been on CR in 24823929 years, I'll say EPR.

Wow, 24.8 million years.

Celestia Radio must have been made by the Ponysaurus!
Mundius

Primary: Not yet specified.
Cutie Mark: Blank flank

Postby Andy Feelin » 21 Nov 2011 01:23

I used to listen to both, this is how I learned about many songs. I used to chat at EPR a lot, but yes I find the same flaws that voodopony described - quality, bad shuffle bot (I usually listen to it when the DJs are asleep) and most importantly the lack of song names.
Favourite pony: Fluttershy
Genre: eurodance, 80's italo-disco, synthpop
Soft: FL studio 5
Hard: CASIO CTK-900, ALISA 1387, Elsita RMIF e-drumset, Epiphone Embassy bass guitar
YouTube
Discography on MLR (latest update: 2004 - Margarita)
Andy Feelin

Return to Off-Topic Discussion