Trance VST's

Discuss tips, tricks, and the creative process of music creation. Post HELP threads here

Trance VST's

Postby MichaelA » 29 Jul 2011 21:33

Let's talk about trance VST's, and what you guys use. I use a variety of plugins: Z3ta, Vanguard, Sytrus(It's actually really good), Genesis, and Nexus. Which is your favorite for hard-style trance leads? I know my favorite is Z3ta, Considering I have full control over my leads(But it's a pain in the a** to learn!). I usually use Vanguard for all of my basses, and Nexus for all of my pads(And sometimes layered leads). I've never used massive, but I've heard it's really good. I've never decided to invest in it. Also, Genesis is THE BEST at making really dirty sounding leads, but it also is very good at effects. However, Genesis takes up WAYY too much memory.

What do you guys use for any leads?
------------------
My Youtube
^^ Go sub, yo!
MichaelA

Re: Trance VST's

Postby Icky » 22 Aug 2011 13:28

Z3ta+ all the way for leads, basses, pads, screeches, buildup sounds etc.
Hydra for deep nustyle basses
Massive for wubs and industrial squeeky sounds (wubs without the LFO thingy basically)
3xOsc for basic stuff like electrobasses
Nexus for when Im lazy

So yeah, I basically use Z3ta+ 90% of the time.
Icky

Re: Trance VST's

Postby DerpyGrooves » 22 Aug 2011 18:35

"Had you played some free jazz to ninety five per cent of the people who had made 'Take Five' a smash, they would have run for cover behind the latest release by Pat Boone." - The Timelords
DerpyGrooves

Return to Technique