Equestria Girls 2

We all love it, otherwise it's unlikely you'd be here. Talk about the show and the fanbase surrounding it. Brony music discussions encouraged.

Equestria Girls 2

Postby itroitnyah » 13 Feb 2014 13:17

Yup, that's right. They're making a second one. inb4 this turns into a rage thread.

My opinion on it... The advertisement is pretty bad as it's not really showing what the movie will be about, other than a musical type thing with people dancing and stuff. From rumors I've heard around the web, it's going to be a musical competition type of thing, and you can probably guess that Sunset Shimmer is going to be versing Twi.

However, I still see some hope for this, because this advertisement is more than likely a really early preview, so as the movie gets closer and closer to the release date some time in fall, the advertisements for it will show more and more of what the movie is about.
Image Image I am no longer an active member. here
My studio: [List of equipment]
itroitnyah

Primary: FL Studio 11
Cutie Mark: Blank flank

Re: Equestria Girls 2

Postby CitricAcid » 13 Feb 2014 13:22

I am excited. I loved the first one, and the fact that this one centers around music makes it that much better. I loved the first Equestria Girls's songs, and I look forward to hearing what songs they come up with for this one.

I've learned to not trust previews, though. Previews tend to focus on the things that they think will help sell tickets and not what the story is actually about.
Image Image Image
CitricAcid

Primary: Cubase
Cutie Mark: Music scroll

Postby Coloriot » 13 Feb 2014 14:00

Hate it or love it...I CANT DECIDE!!
Colorkek that makes computer noises.

What's my main genre? All of them.

[Youtube] [Soundcloud] [EQBeats] [Bandcamp] [Twitter]
Coloriot

Primary: Ableton Live 7
Cutie Mark: Mac Color Wheel of Doom

Postby Freewave » 13 Feb 2014 14:49

Well its nicknamed "Rainbow Rocks" and has the girls in a glam band. How this all fits into a storyline and with Sunset Shimmers return is a good question. This all leaked via the upcoming toy releases which feature both pony and doll matching sets.

Its clear that the "one and done" that was communicated for the first one has been nixed. I guess if you didnt quit over the drama and drought over the first movie then you likely won't leave over the second one. Not too happy but what what else is new.

As long as those Rarity getting wings leaked pictures are fake (everyone becomes an alicorn) then I'm ok with no further disruptions in the force.
Links for my music: YouTube, Bandcamp, and Tumblr
Check out the Brony Music Directory and FimMusic. A portal for all pony music
Support the 20+ Musician Maressey Project currently underway.
Freewave

Primary: Fl Studio 10
Cutie Mark: X$X

Postby LFP » 13 Feb 2014 15:15

I am actually excited for this, the first one was pretty good ^^
Brony Music Directory
Nine Volt wrote:That feel when 9V will never take you out to dinner 3:
LFP

Cutie Mark: Blank flank4evar

Postby Freewave » 13 Feb 2014 15:52

LFP wrote:I am actually excited for this, the first one was pretty good ^^

I am now unfriending you
Links for my music: YouTube, Bandcamp, and Tumblr
Check out the Brony Music Directory and FimMusic. A portal for all pony music
Support the 20+ Musician Maressey Project currently underway.
Freewave

Primary: Fl Studio 10
Cutie Mark: X$X

Postby Gnarrkhaz » 13 Feb 2014 16:54

Fuck

I don't like the first movie at all. I don't understand why the characters have to be, yet again, humans in a completely mundane setting. Apperently the first movie was successful enough for them not to take any risks and make the exact same movie again.

I remember the days when i wanted a feature movie so badly. Then came Equestria Girls. And now i'm just feeling trolled.
Gnarrkhaz

Primary: Reaper
Cutie Mark: white solid body guitar

Postby Jokeblue » 13 Feb 2014 18:03

Preview wrote:Applebassist
CitricAcid wrote:centers around music
Freewave wrote:has the girls in a glam band.

Sold!

I am completely unopposed to this movie being a thing. I am also unopposed to any sudden wing shaped growths any of them may acquire. Only problem I see is that if this
Itroitnyah wrote:it's going to be a musical competition type of thing, and you can probably guess that Sunset Shimmer is going to be versing Twi.
actually does turn out to be the movies plot line, then you could probably quite easily predict the events of the movie. But if Sunset Shimmer turns out to be the musical villain, I will be happy :3 I'm willing to bet that if that's the case she'll get an awesome song.

OH! IDEA!

WHAT IF - The point of the movie isn't about the main 6 winning and being friends and getting rainbow powers and instead twists to be about helping Sunset Shimmer realize that she has actually made a group of good friends who she doesn't have to intimidate to make stay around her by having them come together as a band and suprisingly winning the competition? It would change the cliché predictable toyetic ending of rainbow power to something (still kind of cliché but) much better in terms of developing Sunset Shimmers character, and honestly I'd love to see the writers make something that is pretty much only being made to ship more toys into a movie thats still reminiscent of the main series in which it tries to convey a real message, moral or lesson. Though the chances of the plot being like that based on that trailer seem pretty slim to me.

Also that plot idea would be a really easy way of slipping a continued Trixie cameo in by putting her in SS's band :3
Last edited by Jokeblue on 13 Feb 2014 21:39, edited 1 time in total.
Youtube || Soundcloud || Skype: Thejokingblue

New song! - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n4lFqkuY5Fg
Jokeblue

Primary: Protools SE
Cutie Mark: Failure

Postby CitricAcid » 13 Feb 2014 20:58

I honestly doubt Sunset Shimmer will be the villain. She was redeemed in the first Equestria Girls. I'm sure they'll fabricate some new villain for us and maybe give SS a cameo.
Image Image Image
CitricAcid

Primary: Cubase
Cutie Mark: Music scroll

Postby Jokeblue » 13 Feb 2014 22:25

CitricAcid wrote:I honestly doubt Sunset Shimmer will be the villain. She was redeemed in the first Equestria Girls. I'm sure they'll fabricate some new villain for us and maybe give SS a cameo.

Yeah, you're probably right, but couldn't they use her more as a rival now than a villain? Each thing doesn't have to have a major "Yaarr I'm evil!" type villain, does it? Seeing as it's a sequel i'd love to see SS pop back up as Twilights rival, going through the motions of trying to better herself, treat others right, and make friends. She could go through the doubts of whether she's actually changing anything and whether people are actually accepting her but in the end she could surprisingly win the contest, and pull through her self doubts and realize that everybody likes her for who she is. [friendship rambling off]

BaHt n0 ManE 6iX hAs 2 wiN coZ RaInb0w p0wahRs anD TwAhyLighTt aMs tHe mANe cHarActeRr

So yeah you're probably right. :c

The plot will probably be something like
- "omg i'm in this strange world again!"
- "omg a talent show! Let's enter to conveniently win the grande prize, which is conveniently plot object"
- "omg practice!"
- "omg problems leading up to thing!"
- "omg its time for the show we're last on and nervous but the problems have been resolved miraculously!"
- "omg we got magical rainbow powers and grew wings again because of our friendship!"

- "omg flash sentry! [blelehelehletonguingnoises]"

There is no doubt that Flash Sentry will turn up again. Bleh. His presence is annoying in that all he is a generic love interest with no other use or reason to be in the film but to be a generic love interest (who has no use).

Jokeblue

Postby Stuntddude » 13 Feb 2014 22:32

20 bucks says Aftermath, Tombstone, Mandopony, etc. will all do multiple remixes/covers of songs from the movie.
Notebook Memories, the debut album from yours truly, is currently up on my bandcamp for free. Any feedback, encouragement, hate mail, etc. is highly appreciated! Even just listening is pretty cool of you tbh.
eery wrote:Next gen gaming: Just fucking get a dog.
Stuntddude

Primary: FL Studio
Cutie Mark: { }

Postby Jokeblue » 13 Feb 2014 22:41

Oh no doubt about that either.

Jokeblue

Postby ExoBassTix » 14 Feb 2014 00:42

Well it loses a lot of appeal to me if it's gonna be centered around music.
I guess I'm gonna watch and wnjoy it nonetheless, but still.
Collecting dust...

Dieselminded drifter dodging delirium in daunting dreamscapes.
ExoBassTix

Primary: FL Studio 20
Cutie Mark: a crystal waterphone

Postby Gnarrkhaz » 14 Feb 2014 05:56

ExoBassTix wrote:Well it loses a lot of appeal to me if it's gonna be centered around music.

But the music is very different from the show's as well, at least in the first movie it was. It's more sugary pop oriented and personally that's yet another thing i can't stand. :sad:
Gnarrkhaz

Primary: Reaper
Cutie Mark: white solid body guitar

Postby azerty » 14 Feb 2014 06:44

CitricAcid wrote:I am excited. I loved the first one, and the fact that this one centers around music makes it that much better. I loved the first Equestria Girls's songs, and I look forward to hearing what songs they come up with for this one.

This. So much this.

The first one wasn't all that bad, and there are plenty of loose ends in the universe that could still use some continuation. Like, will Twilight know what she's doing as a human now? Is Sunset still gonna be a total jerk? More background pony cameos? More archetypal high-school drama? More Flash Sentry shenanigans? More shitstorm from the fandom?

I'm predicting yes to all of the above.
My YouTube (everything except music)
My SoundCloud
My Twitter @azertymusic (...wait, I have a Twitter?)

>>16555555
azerty

Primary: Ableton Live 8
Cutie Mark: The Shogun Audio symbol

Postby Fl Brony » 14 Feb 2014 09:58

I'm really excited for it, I might do some metal covers of some of the songs
I rap, make teh electronics, and try to be br00tz.
I also go by JokerCard for non pony stuff
My Youtube
My Soundcloud
I have a Tumblr...
I have a Twitter or something...

Fl Brony

Cutie Mark: Blank Flank

Postby LFP » 14 Feb 2014 11:40

Freewave wrote:
LFP wrote:I am actually excited for this, the first one was pretty good ^^

I am now unfriending you

Spoiler DO NOT TEST ME SEAN:

I think the only really bad part of the first movie was the sunset shimmer randomly turning into a demon only to be instantly defeated ^^
Brony Music Directory
Nine Volt wrote:That feel when 9V will never take you out to dinner 3:
LFP

Cutie Mark: Blank flank4evar

Postby ExoBassTix » 15 Feb 2014 07:03

But the wilhelm scream...
Collecting dust...

Dieselminded drifter dodging delirium in daunting dreamscapes.
ExoBassTix

Primary: FL Studio 20
Cutie Mark: a crystal waterphone

Postby S.P.P » 16 Feb 2014 17:30

ExoBassTix wrote:But the wilhelm scream...

A thousand times this. Fuck you Wilhelm. Fuck you and your scream.
S.P.P

Primary: FL Studio, Ableton, Pro Tools

Postby Magnitude Zero » 16 Feb 2014 17:40

Pinkie is the drummer. I don't know why that's so funny to me.

I also really enjoyed EQG1, it was so ridiculous and hilarious and fun as long as you don't take it more seriously than it took itself. I see no reason to believe this one would be any different.
Formerly known as Blind

DAW: FL Studio 10
Style: Chill/Downtempo

Soundcloud | Youtube | Tumblr
Magnitude Zero

Primary: FL Studio 10
Cutie Mark: Horse butt not large enough

Postby TheAirHideous » 17 Feb 2014 11:33

Word of Ingram says 12 songs. 12.

Now, if we put each song at 2 minutes each (average value) that gives us 24 minutes.

Given that the first one was little over an hour long, we can expect this one to be lengthed similarly.

24/60 = 4/10

40% of this thing is going to be song.

That's a pretty hefty proportion, it might even get annoying after a while, but whatever, I'm not expecting much but I'll watch it anyway.

Also, can I just say that I 120% approve of Pianist Rarity?
TheAirHideous

Primary: LMMS (I'm so sorry)
Cutie Mark: Upper mordant.

Postby Mr. Bigglesworth » 19 Feb 2014 04:11

The trailer makes it looks like it's gonna be the most shit-brained thing ever, but I'm not gonna draw that conclusion until the movie actually comes out and I see for myself.

Till then, some pro's and cons.

Pro: The animation looks super smooth, the song featured (while cheesy as fuck) is pretty catchy, dat vinyl walk is actually pretty amusing and it looks like we're gonna see stuff other than the school (I hope).

Cons: I predict a lot of tedious fanservice based on the fact that they're showing off Vinyl a lot, the songs are probably gonna be cheesy as hell (even though they'll still be catchy. this one's kind of a grey area), this looks like it'll be a Battle of the Bands type of movie and that premise is ridiculously overdone, the designs for the band costumes are really dumb looking and although it's not related to the movie, but regardless of what I think of it the fandom will erupt into entitled drama left and right just like last time.
I'm not here anymore, but if you want you can still just call me Mr. BigBagelBoggle!

Sound
Face
You
Mr. Bigglesworth

Cutie Mark: My own ass

Postby Pickslide1992 » 20 Feb 2014 18:07

Fl Brony wrote:I'm really excited for it, I might do some metal covers of some of the songs

Same here, dude, and maybe some genuine hair metal too. I'm excited, man, I really am.
Hey guys, new YouTube!

http://www.youtube.com/user/PowerChordEPS

Gear:
2003 Gibson SG
Line 6 PodXT
FL Studio

Styles: Rock, metal, pop, new wave
Pickslide1992

Postby ganondox » 21 Feb 2014 08:27

CitricAcid wrote:I honestly doubt Sunset Shimmer will be the villain. She was redeemed in the first Equestria Girls. I'm sure they'll fabricate some new villain for us and maybe give SS a cameo.

I don't think the movies writing is sophisticated enough to acknowledge it.

Anyway, I'm too burned out with a drama and life in general to give a damn anymore. All I'm going to say is it looked "good" (artistically the idea is absolutely awful and a total sellout, but them being in a rock band is still amusing, and I want to see them rock) until the song started. I want to hear them play glam metal, not some modern pop song that doesn't sound like it's coming from the instruments they are playing.
ganondox

Primary: Garage Band :P
Cutie Mark: Σ

Postby itroitnyah » 21 Feb 2014 16:19

ganondox wrote:

I don't think the movies writing is sophisticated enough to acknowledge it.
Oh please, the writers put fan favorite characters in the background of most of the episodes, undoubtedly they'll put SS as a cameo if they spin a new villain :P
Image Image I am no longer an active member. here
My studio: [List of equipment]
itroitnyah

Primary: FL Studio 11
Cutie Mark: Blank flank

Next

Return to My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic