FIMMusic is Launched - The News Site for MLR, BMD, and More

We all love it, otherwise it's unlikely you'd be here. Talk about the show and the fanbase surrounding it. Brony music discussions encouraged.

FIMMusic is Launched - The News Site for MLR, BMD, and More

Postby Freewave » 05 Dec 2013 14:54

So I think its about time to put a thread on here about FimMusic which is the blog that several of us have put together as a news blog for both the Brony Musician Directory and MyLittleRemix. We designed it so we could talk and blog about events, musicians, and things that happen on MLR and outside of it. It's very much a music site designed by musicians for other musicians and those who still actively listen to and make this music in this community. We'd like to think that we can help get a little more visibility for those who need it as a community music blog. Just like on MLR its fun to be active and enthusiastic about the music we are still making about mlp. It's important to see what others are doing and what's going on in the community.

http://fimmusic.tumblr.com/

When this was just a pipe dream and we discussed it on MLR for several weeks we did encounter some resistance by those who thought it was a flawed idea or identical to all the failed promotion blogs or labels. We understood where those people were coming from but we were pretty adamant about giving it a shot and doing things quite a bit differently. Most importantly we were counting on starting such a site on and with MLR rather than being another outsider who wanted to operate completely outside of it and just visit here once. Our staff is completely composed by your fellow forum members and includes several of the moderators.

I won't kid anyone; while we're "officially" launching this blog this week and we have a few weeks of posts to show what kind of things we want to highlight and how it will look its going to be a real uphill battle to make it worth the time and to be even noticed by those who'd be interested in reading it. It takes a staff of people writing and blogging and an audience to want to read, subscribe, and reblog what we put out. I'm hoping that those who see it online rather than discussed in theory in a thread can support us as it's very much needed for it to make it successful.

I really can't make the changes on MLR that I'd like to with Circuitfry completely awol so this is one of the few ways i can try to make positive change myself. But I need your help. If there's something you want to see that's not on there let us know. If you want to join in and help, please do so as we still need more active people. If you have some things which you think should be done a little better we are willing to listen. What we really could use is any support in getting this site visible so that people know its there getting a base readership and word of mouth to keep it going. I'm hoping i can count on MLR for that support. :wink:
Links for my music: YouTube, Bandcamp, and Tumblr
Check out the Brony Music Directory and FimMusic. A portal for all pony music
Support the 20+ Musician Maressey Project currently underway.
Freewave

Primary: Fl Studio 10
Cutie Mark: X$X

Re: FIMMusic is Launched - The News Site for MLR, BMD, and M

Postby ExoBassTix » 05 Dec 2013 16:00

Great that it's up!
Haven't been very active in the FimMusic Skype group, I'll skim through that when I can (I'm struggling with my laptops atm) asap.

But I'll see if I can't share the blog with my friends. ^_^
Collecting dust...

Dieselminded drifter dodging delirium in daunting dreamscapes.
ExoBassTix

Primary: FL Studio 20
Cutie Mark: a crystal waterphone

Postby ganondox » 05 Dec 2013 23:35

Nice! Haven't really checked tumblr because I've been avoiding spoilers until I finally find time to watch the new season, but it looks like it's coming along nice. One thing I noticed is the affiliate tag is broken, is there meant to be a single affiliate post or any reblogs from affiliates or something get tagged?
ganondox

Primary: Garage Band :P
Cutie Mark: Σ

Postby Freewave » 06 Dec 2013 06:52

probably one post for affiliates which we edit as time goes by. haven't really partnered up with many people yet other then who we have avatars with (bmd, mlr, brony rock music spotlight)
Freewave

Postby Gray Ham » 06 Dec 2013 08:34

I've been following it and I like where it's going, good luck/job.
currently on a hiatus from actively making music due to school

ImageImage
What's soaking wet and clueless?
Gray Ham

Primary: ACID
Cutie Mark: A Trumpet

Postby Freewave » 06 Dec 2013 13:13

Thanks Gray, appreciate your support.
Freewave

Postby HMage » 06 Dec 2013 14:14

Have fun!

I really hope you prove me wrong :)
HMage

Primary: Ableton
Cutie Mark: Blank flank

Postby Freewave » 06 Dec 2013 14:27

We shall do our best to but a lot of that depends on more factors then i care to mention. It's been way too much of a bumpy ride so far. :P
Freewave

Postby itroitnyah » 06 Dec 2013 15:18

I'd make a comment about how the site is doing so far, but being just two weeks old, I shall withhold my comment until a sufficient time has passed to allow an audience to accumulate.

And to avoid getting ban hammered :)
Image Image I am no longer an active member. here
My studio: [List of equipment]
itroitnyah

Primary: FL Studio 11
Cutie Mark: Blank flank

Postby Freewave » 07 Dec 2013 11:17

It's technically only been launched this week and those prior posts were for having something to show what we plan to do and just so we can show what the site will have and should look like. Having buttons on the side lead to empty posts obviously would be no good. :D

I hope that as time goes by we can get a lot more things to post and reblog that are relevent to those who read it and I'm already finding quite a few things today that will hopefully get posted this week. If people want to post any recommendations in here I will gladly hear them as part of our mission is signal boosting things that need support (like Winter Rap Off), which are interesting (Carbon Maestro's Top 25 Songs of the Year List and commentary videos), and informative (hopefully a few interviews can be done this week or the next with Jeff Burgess and General Mumble who are up for them). I'd really like to see people get involved on what they think would be cool for others to see or hear as that's what the blog is all about (getting all the stuff going on in the community filtered thru the blog)
Freewave

Postby JSynth » 07 Dec 2013 22:02

I have been seeing posts from the blog on my dash and felt bad because I was the only one liking and reblogging. But I guess that it hadn't officially launched yet.
https://soundcloud.com/jasper-synth/back-at-me
Jokeblue wrote:You fool. You've doomed the Spam thread to yet another, inevitable :3 spam.

My Tumblr
My YouTube
My SoundCloud

DAW: Logic Pro 9
Plugins: Sylenth, Sausage Fattener, Komplete 9, NI The Mouth, Ozone 5, Bitspeek
JSynth

Primary: Logic 9
Cutie Mark: yo face

Postby Nine Volt » 08 Dec 2013 08:51

Good luck. I won't be following the blog at all but I'll concede defeat if this turns out to work. Although I'm not really sure how I'd find out aside from this thread
Nine Volt

Postby Freewave » 08 Dec 2013 11:55

JSynth wrote:I have been seeing posts from the blog on my dash and felt bad because I was the only one liking and reblogging. But I guess that it hadn't officially launched yet.

Well we appreciate any early reblogging and word of mouth since we've begun. If these early posts had sat unloved it would have been even a little more depressing. I hope now that more eyes are on it (now that we are officially open) that more people can like and reblog to let us know what they like and so that more people can see it and get the word out. We appreciate that early support and any continued. :D
Freewave

Postby Freewave » 08 Jan 2014 18:27

Just going to bump this to let people know that if you see a brony album (an event album, your own, or someone else's) or any fandom related project that needs a signal boost to let us know. Likewise if you're up for doing an album review, fav recent tracks, or wanting to do an article or two that we're always looking for additional content or active contributors. We're growing at a decent rate but falling a bit short of the 2 posts a day we'd LIKE to hit. Just let me know if you want to assist. ;)
Freewave

Postby ganondox » 13 Jan 2014 10:48

There is something I'm interested in doing. I've noticed there is a bunch of top songs list on the tumblr, and I've noticed a lot of artists are featured across many of them, even if that particular artist is less popular in the fandom, and it's not the same song being featured. The top brony musicians list on BMD is controversial because it's based on subscriptions, even though there is no reason it should be because it's not making any claims on who is the best musician, it's just listing statistics. Now, I think we can all agree the best brony musician would be the one who makes the best songs, and I think I've found a statistical way of doing that which factors multiple factors into account, though with no consistent weighting between factors. Well, I'm curious to see what results we get if we were to take those top songs lists, and count up how many times each musician appears across all of them.
ganondox

Primary: Garage Band :P
Cutie Mark: Σ

Postby ExoBassTix » 20 Jan 2014 04:08

The forum underwent some monumental changes. After what happened, what's the future of FiMMusic? Is it in the hands of Freewave to pick it up outside the borders or not, will the project be taken over by someone, or is it perhaps written out as deceased?

Unless Freewave pulled the plug, I can only assume that someone else in the staff will take over doing the communication part of the whole package (bringing out news here etc).
Collecting dust...

Dieselminded drifter dodging delirium in daunting dreamscapes.
ExoBassTix

Primary: FL Studio 20
Cutie Mark: a crystal waterphone

Postby Gray Ham » 20 Jan 2014 04:30

Freewave has always seemed reasonable, so I don't think he'll pull the plug. Whether he gives it on to someone else or keeps running it, I'm not sure.
EDIT: No longer relevant, and I don't think I would've posted anything along these lines if I knew the actual reasons behind Freewave's ban.
currently on a hiatus from actively making music due to school

ImageImage
What's soaking wet and clueless?
Gray Ham

Primary: ACID
Cutie Mark: A Trumpet

Postby Freewave » 24 Jun 2014 12:25

So yes, FIMM is still running and operational. If there's anyone out there that REGULARLY listens to pony music and wants to put together fav song picks or help the blog and focus on the best of the community we could really use your help! Send me a pm if you think you could help us out.
Freewave

Postby Freewave » 15 Nov 2014 09:09

Wow top thread in this subforum and yet posted so long ago.
Freewave

Return to My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic