Want to be a pony in real life?

We all love it, otherwise it's unlikely you'd be here. Talk about the show and the fanbase surrounding it. Brony music discussions encouraged.

Want to be a pony in real life?

Postby Bronies Are Cool » 29 Apr 2013 22:54

So..... after browsing youtube a feww weeks ago, I found this:

I was like, "That kind of sounds a little cool I guess.... I don't know", but I downloaded the audio files and tried it anyway. After a couple of tries, I came to the conclusion that hypnosis is real. This was pretty legit.

In my experience, I was not able to fully experience what I was supposed to experience, for example, pony head, and a feminine voice, but I was able to feel a unicorn horn spring from my head and feel as though my arms and hands were hooves.

if you try it and it does not work, try again. It took me a few days to be able to experience it, but I was able to eventually get the horn and hooves.

If you try it, post your experiences, what happened to you?
Bronies Are Cool

Primary: FL Studio
Cutie Mark: Snowboard

Re: Want to be a pony in real life?

Postby Mr. Bigglesworth » 30 Apr 2013 01:44

Yeah I'm ok with being a squishy human, thanks.
I'm not here anymore, but if you want you can still just call me Mr. BigBagelBoggle!

Sound
Face
You
Mr. Bigglesworth

Cutie Mark: My own ass

Postby ExoBassTix » 30 Apr 2013 02:21

I tried it before. I was really excited when I read it.
But it's hard to find time to do it without being disturbed, caught by parents, or pestered by friends.
Tried once, but I just couldn't get into trance...

I'll definitely try it again. I shall become the Vinyl Scratch.
Collecting dust...

Dieselminded drifter dodging delirium in daunting dreamscapes.
ExoBassTix

Primary: FL Studio 20
Cutie Mark: a crystal waterphone

Postby Navron » 30 Apr 2013 09:07

What are we becoming? /mlp/?

Next thing you guys are going to be talking about self-induced schizophr...I mean uh...tulpas.
DAW: Cubase 6.5, Ableton Live 8
Preferred Genre: Industrial/Trance
Hardware: Schecter Diamond Series Bass, Yamaha Acoustic Guitar, BP355 Effects Pedal, Keystudio 49K Keyboard, Akai APC40, Korg nanoKEY2 25k Keyboard
Navron
Global Moderator

Primary: Cubase 6.5

Postby ExoBassTix » 30 Apr 2013 09:21

Some of us have, actually, been talking about tulpas. The concept sounds utterly fascinating.

Luckily we're not /mlp/ so we can leave genderbent-pony hypnosis outdoors.
Collecting dust...

ExoBassTix

Postby Makkon » 30 Apr 2013 10:43

This is beyond messed up.

Part of learning how to be happy in life is learning to understand who you actually are, and accepting the reality that, while you can change for the better, you will always be you.
You will be most miserable when you try to be someone or something that you are not.

This undermines that important facet of humanity. You will not find happiness here.
youtube | deviantart | tumblr

I'm Makkon.
Makkon
Site Admin

Postby Alycs » 30 Apr 2013 10:48

Guys, as a medicated schizophrenic, I'm going to warn you right now that if you do this you will be fucked up. Schizophrenia sucks beyond words I can think of. Even if this seems cool at first, because 'yay poni' just reading this is terrifying. Don't try to change yourself with hypnosis, beyond just the psychological effects of attempting persona fracturing, trying to change like this will lead to exponentially more displeasure than you could ever gain.
Soundcloud||Tumblr||Youtube||Graphics||Bandcamp
Freewave wrote:being too critical can make you too critical
Alycs

Cutie Mark: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Postby Lying Pink » 30 Apr 2013 11:53

What's the idea behind the hypnosis thing? Is it designed to be a temporary trip, or a permanent thing? If the first, then not for me. If the second then yeah, that's pretty screwed up.

Edit: Also, some unsolicited advice: if any of you are doing this, I'd at the very least suggest you come up with a contingency plan for if you find you want to get off the ride but it won't stop. If there's anyone in real life you trust enough to tell them that you're doing this, that might be an idea, for if you get stuck in something you can't get out of.
Fnord.
Soundcloud | Tumblr | Skype | YouTube | Email
/)__~
</</
Lying Pink

Primary: Reaper
Cutie Mark: Knees

Postby ExoBassTix » 30 Apr 2013 12:18

Lying Pink wrote:What's the idea behind the hypnosis thing? Is it designed to be a temporary trip, or a permanent thing? If the first, then not for me. If the second then yeah, that's pretty screwed up.

Edit: Also, some unsolicited advice: if any of you are doing this, I'd at the very least suggest you come up with a contingency plan for if you find you want to get off the ride but it won't stop. If there's anyone in real life you trust enough to tell them that you're doing this, that might be an idea, for if you get stuck in something you can't get out of.

Well, if it's a permanent hypnosis, it'd be mentioned.
But at least in those that I've found, there's something you can do to make yourself 'change back to normal'.

There's always a way to reset, but, if you do this with audio files, there needs to be an audio file with a reset script, that takes away all that you got from hypnosis. But it needs to be a specific reset for what you did.

So, even if you take a permanent hypnosis, there's a reset for it (if you can find it or make it yourself). I know of one permanent script, that'll make you a generic pegasus. You can use a reset file to get back.

Also I just laughed my ass off after reading a script that yet needs to be recorded and mastered: Fat Pony.
Seriously, WHYYYY????
Collecting dust...

ExoBassTix

Postby Nine Volt » 30 Apr 2013 12:44

TheBronyChip wrote:
ExoBassTix wrote:Also I just laughed my ass off after reading a script that yet needs to be recorded and mastered: Fat Pony.
Seriously, WHYYYY????

maybe fat people can only become fat ponies?

So then the only people who can become pegasi are people with wings? :P

Srs though, I'm quite happy in my fleshy, bipedal form. Although I imagine being some kind of demon/squid/cthulhu hybrid would be pretty cool too, but that's not what this is.

Makkon wrote:This is beyond messed up.

Part of learning how to be happy in life is learning to understand who you actually are, and accepting the reality that, while you can change for the better, you will always be you.
You will be most miserable when you try to be someone or something that you are not.

This undermines that important facet of humanity. You will not find happiness here.

Makkon knows what's up. Word.
Nine Volt

Postby Lying Pink » 30 Apr 2013 13:08

Nine Volt wrote:Makkon knows what's up. Word.

That wus definitely a wise thing what he said.
But from what the others are saying this seems less like a "fundamentally changing your identity" thing and more a "playing with different identities for a bit for the hell of it" thing. Which isn't to say it isn't risky - I don't know much about hypnosis to be honest, but this all sounds a little like dancing through a minefield. Still, it sounds like dancing through a minefield for a bit of a headtrip, rather than because people want to be someone else.
...either way, I'm steering clear.
Fnord.
/)__~
</</
Lying Pink

Postby Forza SoundFire » 30 Apr 2013 14:01

Hm... I find myself (rather surprisingly) drawn to this in acceptance.

Being a brony (not a pony) has taught me openness and acceptance to 'things' that I would have perviously shunned.

I wouldn't try to do this to actually try and permanently turn yourself pony (something I thnk hypnosis is not really that capable of doing), but instead take it as adding to the variety and colours of life.

After all, we are dreamers. Our music is an exposition of our (but not limited to) personality, experiences & desires, and of those of the characters we try to portray.

Eat it. Use it.

PS: Also take it foor food for thought on things like how easily your mind can be tricked, the power of thought and imagination, influences of music & sound and religion

http://youtube.com/user/forzacomposition
Contact [email protected] for;
Original Music
Sound Design/FX
Instrumental Recording (Violin, Viola, Drums, Tuned and Untuned Percussion)
Forza SoundFire

Postby Makkon » 30 Apr 2013 15:13

eery wrote:
Makkon wrote:This is beyond messed up.

I don't really think thats what it's about. I find it comparable to fantasy or roleplay. Fantasy isn't really about not wanting to be you, its more about wanting something else too. You don't mean to tell me you don't play games or whatever, and try your hardest not to get immersed in it?

It's not hating your own life and being and trying to escape that, as you portray it, it's more about wanting to try something else and immerse yourself in what would be another world, another sense of being. I really don't see why it's so horrible to want that for a few hours.

You misinterpret me. My comment isn't to judge, it's a warning. What this is is not fantasy, roleplay, or immersion. It's screwing with your brain chemistry and can possibly have lasting effects..
The more you learn about brain plasticity, addiction, and brain chemistry, the more you realize that things some may deem harmless can be damaging. Trying to literally convince yourself through powerful and proven methods that you are a PONY is not smart. That ceases to be pretending pretty quickly. It's not using your imagination to create or to dream possibilities. This isn't creative. It's dangerous.

Be prepared for a ride that will keep going long after you want to get off.
youtube | deviantart | tumblr

I'm Makkon.
Makkon
Site Admin

Postby cplbradley » 30 Apr 2013 15:59

I'm a lampshade IRL
Honorary Member of the Yoy and Whistle Club
https://soundcloud.com/cplbradley/perfectly-natural
cplbradley

Primary: Not yet specified.
Cutie Mark: Distorted Fart Noises

Postby Bronies Are Cool » 30 Apr 2013 22:47

okay, so I read all the posts, and I just want to comment that I do NOT want to permanently become a pony. I thought the idea of being a pony was cool at first, but I only tried it for "shits and giggles" as digibrony puts it. That would explain why I was not able to experience the full affect, it is because I did not believe that I wanted it enough. Although I am very content with my body, I thought the idea of feeling like I was in another body would be cool.

I have not done research into lasting effects of hypnosis, so Makkon may have a point. It could change something in the brain and make you "messed up", but I honestly don't know as of now. I also have a college psychology text book that I will look at in a few days when I have a little more time to do some research.) I do not think that I would want to be a pony forever (unless I was living in equestria, but I'm not so...) In response to Makkon: I do not really think that this is messed up if you have the right intentions. Meaning: if you do this for "shits and giggles", it's probably not going to do anything, it's just for fun. Although if I did this because I actually wanted to be a pony, either I am a furry or the situation really is messed up or something.

To alycs: I was not doing this to change myself, and I do not think other people should do this to change themselves permanently. I am okay with myself, and I think that if I were twilight sparkle, my life would suck because my "overlord" would not be Celestia, but actually it would be the HUB and we know how picky they are (*cough cough fighting is magic). I mostly wanted to do this not to change my personality, but to change my body for the moment. (Or at least feel like my body was changing.)

To all the people who think that this is permanent, the audio files have a reverse on each of them. I have not felt the effects after any of the attempts, and I was actually being disturbed by my parents while in the middle of one of the attempts. I was feeling like a normal human when I started moving. I only felt a little weird because my foot had fallen asleep and I was too lazy to move it while trying the hypnosis. It has not made me feel any lasting effects, but that's just me. I might have a "stronger" mind than some other people, if that even makes any sense.

And the reason I did not do normal quote responses is because I'm too lazy right now.
Bronies Are Cool

Postby vladnuke » 30 Apr 2013 23:11

follo ur dremz

become pone

butt rembemper:

vladnuke

Postby ExoBassTix » 01 May 2013 03:49

eery wrote:
Makkon wrote:
eery wrote:I don't really think thats what it's about. I find it comparable to fantasy or roleplay. Fantasy isn't really about not wanting to be you, its more about wanting something else too. You don't mean to tell me you don't play games or whatever, and try your hardest not to get immersed in it?

It's not hating your own life and being and trying to escape that, as you portray it, it's more about wanting to try something else and immerse yourself in what would be another world, another sense of being. I really don't see why it's so horrible to want that for a few hours.

You misinterpret me. My comment isn't to judge, it's a warning. What this is is not fantasy, roleplay, or immersion. It's screwing with your brain chemistry and can possibly have lasting effects..
The more you learn about brain plasticity, addiction, and brain chemistry, the more you realize that things some may deem harmless can be damaging. Trying to literally convince yourself through powerful and proven methods that you are a PONY is not smart. That ceases to be pretending pretty quickly. It's not using your imagination to create or to dream possibilities. This isn't creative. It's dangerous.

Be prepared for a ride that will keep going long after you want to get off.

I still think you're overreacting.
Edit: Actually thats a bad argument. Its not a argument at all. But honestly, as I understand it, its not permanent, it makes you believe you're a pony for maybe an hour. Unless I'm misunderstanding whats going on, I dont see the problem in that.

Those hypnosis files that I downloaded got a script that allows you to 'turn into' a pony when wanted. And there's an escape button. Just say out loud "I'm a human being" and floop, you're normal.
Collecting dust...

ExoBassTix

Postby Lying Pink » 01 May 2013 11:33

Bronies Are Cool wrote:Although if I did this because I actually wanted to be a pony, either I am a furry or the situation really is messed up or something.

Silly rabbit, that's not what furries is
Fnord.
/)__~
</</
Lying Pink

Postby Bronies Are Cool » 01 May 2013 16:34

Lying Pink wrote:
Bronies Are Cool wrote:Although if I did this because I actually wanted to be a pony, either I am a furry or the situation really is messed up or something.

Silly rabbit, that's not what furries is

If I had a separate horse persona, wouldn't that make me a furry? Anyway, that's offtopic. (and so is this kind of...)

plus, I don't think any one was overacting. I just think that they are showing extreme concern for other people's safety. (Cuz dats wat bro-knees do)
Bronies Are Cool

Postby FLAOFEI » 01 May 2013 17:06

I'm a furry, and I am very much gonna try this.
Although I'll probably forget about it after failing the first try... Like when I tried lucid dreaming... And when I tried tulpas...

Anyway... yeah, gonna disreguard personal saftey... yolo. And I wanna make it clear that I'm not doing it caus I hate my human body, I don't think the human body is too great, but I like my body quite a lot. I'm gonna do it out of curiosity.

Edit: So I tried this yesternight, and it was realy relaxing, but no more than that. Problem was I distracted myself to much, my knee was hurting and my hand got cold the first try, the second time I noticed I had a snitload of small muscle spazms. And I was thinking way to much.
Im going to cut a part out though. I don't like that he tells me every time I turn into Rainbow Dash I'm gonna like it more, and basiclly telling me to get adicted to it.
I wanna have fun with it, not get addicted to it.

And if nothing else, the relaxation part helped me sleep. So overall, good so far.
)>-<)))^*> Sharkpon4srs
https://soundcloud.com/flaofei/brothel-king
Rainbow Dash lives on SOUNDCLOUD; Big Mac posts on Eeyyuptube; Twilight is a BOOKfACE; Octavia went to BandCamp! And Derpy has bad balance, you could say she TUMBLrING
ImageOMG POLKA PLOT!!! BEST ALBUM IN THE HISTORY OF POLKACORE!!!
FLAOFEI

Primary: Fruit Loops 10
Cutie Mark: POLKA PLOT

Postby Sugarholik » 02 May 2013 19:16

Ok... So I haven't done I these as I don't find them useful anyhow, but maybe I should clear some stuff up as I have been practicing autohypnosis (or self hypnosis) for years. I found out about this phenomenon when randomly stumbled upon this video:

Watch with fullscreen and in a comfy chair/sofa, where you can relax completely. In orded it to work you must be willing to do this and you must have an accepting mindset. If you watch it actively thinking it won't work you are just wasting your time because it won't. This will only make you super relaxed and takes you back to normal.

I watched it and it worked which led me to try repeating similiar instructions in my mind. I spoke them in my mind and after a little practice I was able to focus better and was able to go deeper and deeper in to a state of mind that is called hypnotic trance.

What happens there is that you will be deeply relaxed, extremely concentrated and the hypnotizer (you or someone else or recorded voice) has nearly unlimited power over your body and mind. Still even deepest trance won't dissipate your morales or your self-preservation instinct. No one can force you to do things you don't want to do through hypnosis.
Also it is ultimately you who takes yourself in to this state of mind. Whether the hypnotizer is you or someone else, it's always you just following instructions. Emphasis on the word 'instructions', not commands. Your consent is essential for the hypnosis to work. Therefore If you want the hypnosis to end, it will end. You won't get stuck thinking you are a pony nor will it cause schizophrenia or any other mental condition.
...Unless you want to, but then you're fucked in the head anyways.

But it can have huge benefits. If you can hypnotize yourself, you can eg. change your habits with ease. You could make yourself quit smoking, or want to eat more healthily, or just take a really relaxed break after hard days work. Human mind has amazing capabilities and in my most humble opinion they are worth exploring.

-------------

Now if you want to know how this thing works, I highly suggest you actually try it first. Knowing the mechanism may make the whole thing seem silly. However it still works for me even if I know how everything happens.
Spoilers on a white text!

Hypnosis works through auto suggestion. In other words, it's kinda like placebo. It happens because you want it to happen and you believe it will happen. Videos like the one above exploit placebo effect in order to make you believe the hypnotizer can say anything and it will happen. In the embedded video the rotating spiral is really exhausting for your eyes, which will make you want to blink more. Then the hypnotizer says "you'll notice your eyes are getting drowsy" and you think "holy shit this works!". After that you will unconsciously make everything that the hypnotizer says happen.
Holy fuck, it's been such a long time! Thanks all 'yall everyponies! If you're a familiar username on a nostalgia trip, I sincerely hope life's been treating you well. I've certainly had quite a journey! The ride never ends! <3

Sugarholik

Primary: Renoise
Cutie Mark: Blank flank

Postby Nine Volt » 02 May 2013 20:01

Look, friend, hypnosis is simply not that powerful. You can't just magically 'quit' smoking. It sounds like you've never had an addiction before, so I'll let you in on a little secret: quitting isn't nearly as easy as it sounds. You're making it sound like quitting is like a walk in the park; a simple decision and boom, no more smoking. It doesn't work like that. Simply put, even if you consciously decide to stop smoking, the psychological crving combined with the withdrawal effects makes it very, very tough; much tougher than non-smokers think it possibly could be.

Aside from that, hypnosis is and always will be a pseudoscience, very lightly tied to actual science. It's a sham, a joke, simply put. And even if it truly does work, it simply is not that powerful.
Nine Volt

Postby Bronies Are Cool » 02 May 2013 22:25

i wouldn't be too sure about that. I dont think that millions of people would lie about the effects of hypnosis. I know first hand that it is not a fake, but I'm not going to claim that it is very powerful either.
I noticed the more I was able to focus on what the speaker was saying, the easier it was for me to imagine what he wanted to imagine. I said that I could feel a unicorn horn grow from my head. That was because he was talking about the scene in the Cutie Mark Chronicles when rainbow dash does her first rainboom and Twilight Sparkle heard it and totally went into god-mode and blah blah blah. I was imagining that scene from the show because it was easier for me to imagine that than a random made up scenario. Then right after, the speaker was saying to basically grow a horn, and feel it spiral out of your fore head. I was able to imagine the horn grow and trick my mind into actually feeling it grow. I can't really explain it.

But mind you, i was not too into the trance because I did not experience everything. I was not able to feel my face become rounded and more pony-like because that was too difficult to imagine. Either that, or I simply did not want it enough.

I'd say that hypnosis is cool, not a fake, but I have not experienced anything to make me say, "Wow, the human mind is just SOOOOOO powerful." That does not mean that it isn't, it just means that I am yet to experience that.
Bronies Are Cool

Postby FLAOFEI » 02 May 2013 23:18

9V
Don't be silly. It's not more of a scam than placebo. If you believe it works then it might just work, that's basic psychology.

As for adictions, I never had them, but I'm sure convinceing your self (through hypnosis) that you can quit would help you quit.
)>-<)))^*> Sharkpon4srs
https://soundcloud.com/flaofei/brothel-king
Rainbow Dash lives on SOUNDCLOUD; Big Mac posts on Eeyyuptube; Twilight is a BOOKfACE; Octavia went to BandCamp! And Derpy has bad balance, you could say she TUMBLrING
ImageOMG POLKA PLOT!!! BEST ALBUM IN THE HISTORY OF POLKACORE!!!
FLAOFEI

Primary: Fruit Loops 10
Cutie Mark: POLKA PLOT

Postby ExoBassTix » 03 May 2013 01:53

I'm not gonna be the 4th to disagree with Sparky (I do, but I'm not gonna waste time on it).

Thanks a lot for the video, Sugah. I'll try it, because I can really use some good meditative sort of relaxation.
It sounds like it also makes the induction easier, the vid. Maybe I could change it a bit to play a hypnoscript of my choice after induction... Hmm, I'll try that later :P
Collecting dust...

ExoBassTix

Next

Return to My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic