EFN Las Vegas Convention Aftermath Q&A

We all love it, otherwise it's unlikely you'd be here. Talk about the show and the fanbase surrounding it. Brony music discussions encouraged.

EFN Las Vegas Convention Aftermath Q&A

Postby LoreRD » 27 Feb 2013 16:55

Just posting this in case people didn't see this and still don't know what happened. I found it really informative and dispels a lot of the rumours surrounding LPU.
DAW: Logic Pro Studio 9 | VSTs: Komplete 9 Ultimate
Piano Improvisations, Electro-orchestral-alternative instrumentals/remixes, drummer
Youtube | SoundCloud | tumblr
Brony Musician Directory
Thanks to Makkon for the avatar
LoreRD

Re: EFN Las Vegas Convention Aftermath Q&A

Postby itroitnyah » 27 Feb 2013 17:35

3 hour video? Ain't nobody got time for dat!
Image Image I am no longer an active member. here
My studio: [List of equipment]
itroitnyah

Primary: FL Studio 11
Cutie Mark: Blank flank

Postby Ed Viper » 06 Mar 2013 20:15

So, I listened to it in its entirety, and I have to say I agree with them. As long as the organizers of the con keep information about where the money went secret, the only logical conclusion that exists is a scam of some sort.

That shit the Riviera pulled is really dastardly, as well. Not worth a lawsuit, though, unless you could get an attorney to take up your case pro bono, you'd spend more money than you'd be paid. Definitely not worth it.
Soundcloud
Tumblr

If you ever need someone to talk to -

That's all I got right now.
Ed Viper

Primary: FL Studio
Cutie Mark: Charlie Sheen

Postby itroitnyah » 06 Mar 2013 21:08

What did Riviera do? Is he the guy who organized LPU? Well, I say sue him for more money than he scammed people out of.
itroitnyah

Postby Mr. Bigglesworth » 07 Mar 2013 00:38

The Riviera was the venue, I believe.
I'm not here anymore, but if you want you can still just call me Mr. BigBagelBoggle!

Sound
Face
You
Mr. Bigglesworth

Cutie Mark: My own ass

Postby Ed Viper » 08 Mar 2013 19:54

The Riviera was the hotel that the con organizers were supposed to have housed the VIPs in, as well as the owners of the con venue. Once they found they had no money, they shut the con down early and hunted down the people whose rooms weren't paid and demanded the payment from them.

I heard that they confiscated some of the merchandise that the vendors were selling; they mentioned one in particular in the video, but I don't remember his/her name. The Riviera is also purported to have caused some sort of emotional distress to the patrons, though it's debatable whether or not it was intended to come off in that manner.

They talked a bit about how the brony media guys (EFN, Celestia Radio, EQD, etc.) held a donation drive to help pay for the show staff's rooms, and once the Riviera got wind of it, they demanded that the money be funneled to them as opposed to the VAs' agents and what have you.

It seems like it was just a big real shitty ordeal and I'm sorry for whoever attended.

They talked about some sort of VIP dinner they had which the show staff attended that was also not paid for. Also, apparently Tara is a vegetarian, and the only vegetarian dish that was available was eggplant, which she's allergic to. They couldn't even get that right.

So yeah, it was a big whole mess blah blah blah, that's all there really is to say on the matter.
Soundcloud
Tumblr

If you ever need someone to talk to -

That's all I got right now.
Ed Viper

Cutie Mark: Charlie Sheen

Postby itroitnyah » 08 Mar 2013 20:20

Man, that's horrible :( I hope that stuff like this doesn't happen too much more often, and that the people responsible for this get some sort of punishment of sorts
itroitnyah

Return to My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic