Top Fifteen Brony Musicians

We all love it, otherwise it's unlikely you'd be here. Talk about the show and the fanbase surrounding it. Brony music discussions encouraged.

Top Fifteen Brony Musicians

Postby ghelded_kultz » 14 Dec 2012 12:53

I'm not just looking for your personal favorite artists, I'm asking for who you think are the all around top 15 based on a variety of factors such as quality, influence, originality, diversity, notability ect. And you can factor your person favorites in as well, with proper balancing. Of course you can only really nominate the artists you know of, so yeah. I was originally going to do top 10, but I decided a few more people deserved to be recognized.

0. Ghelded Kultz
1. Mando Pony

How the hell does this guy make so much quality content so fast? He voice is amazing! His style is quite diverse, ranging from Rock to Electronic to Acoustic to Orchestral and I don't even know. He has featured on numerous fan projects like Picture Picture Pony and Dawn's Dusk. And he wasn't even a brony until season 2! His collabs with AcousticBrony are just superb. While he isn't my personal favorite artist, he is the best all around top fan musician, I don't even know how he does it.

2. The Living Tombstone

His remix of Discord was the first song from the fandom to be featured on Rock Band. He's made music for internet classics such as Ed's World. His instantly recognizable, but not his exclusive, musical style. He's from Israel. 'Nuff said.

I would consider him the top artist, one of the most known both within and outside the brony community but I think he has been going a bit downhill recently and Mandopony might overtaken him in both quality and significance, but I think the biggest thing is that I think that even if The Living Tombstone is more notable Mando Pony is just an all around superior musician.

3. Acoustic Brony

While they aren't exclusive to the genre, Acoustic Brony is pretty much the King of Brony Rock. Their collaberations with Mandopony such as Loyalty and A Longway From Equestria are widely considered to be among the best works in the entire fandom. However, my personal favorite pony song is one of their solo pieces, An Octave Beauty. I mean, wow, just wow. Now, if I they would actually make some new stuff...

My brother first found out about these guys when they had, what, under in the very least 3000 subscribers and they only did themes based on the music from the show. My initial impression of them at these point was "That themes cool, but overall whatever", but when I came back to them later and looked at some of their newer content I was blown away.

4. Glaze

Also known as the Wooden Toaster. To give you an idea about this guy, he made both a Rap song and a Dubstep song that I like. Now that's saying something. This guy has generated some of the most well known and remixed songs from the fandom, like Avast Fluttershy's Ass, Nightmare Night, Beyond Her Garden, and Rainbow Factory. Speaking of Rainbow Factory, that actually came about as a runner up in an old Toast Beard. Despite not winning

5. iamnotacleverpony

Is her(?) music exceptional? Not really. However, it's her influence on the fandom that puts her up here. To give you the idea, Notacleverpony pretty much started this now huge scene (or so I have been told). Her song For the New Lunar Republic was both the first hit in the fandom and is what caused the whole Lunar Republic vs Solar Empire meme to spread. I mean just looking at the old NightColt remix of that shows something about the early brony music scene. She was also one of the cofounders of this here mylittleremix, so yeah.

6. Mic the Microphone

I don't really know much about his music, except he raps, and he was on Nightmare Night and was/is a member of 20:10. Apparently he is pretty big and the best rapper. I guess he's the king of the Brony Rap Scene. Yeah.

7. Bronyfied

In Bronydom, Bronyfied rules the electric guitar. His skill and technique make the other Metal bronies weep. His clean, fast riffs cause eargasms. Plus he's from Finland. What could be more Metal than that? They have the highest Metal Band Per Capita in the world! Anyway, yeah, this guy is pretty much the King of Brony Metal. His only major disadvantage is that he lacks a singer, so all his tracks are either instrumental or collabs. Not that their is anything wrong with that, but still.

8. Makkon

As far as I know he was one of the first guys to do that Orchestral stuff which is now everywhere. He is also of the cofounders and admin here. Yeah.

9. Eurobeat Brony

First, he made the original Discord which is one of the most famous Brony songs. He also made Luna, which is pretty notable. He also has a fantastic singing voice. So yeah. One of his major flaws is that he is of course pretty much restricted to Eurobeat, which isn't the broadest genre around to say the least.

10. Tarby

I first of him when Dethonator featured his vocals on a track of his. My first thought was Tarby sounds like sort of a cutesy name. His avatar is another one of those cute female ponies that every male musician seems to use. My initial impression was his voice sounded, I dunno, boyish? Nerdy? Weak? I checked out another track of his, Ghosts, and thought "meh". Later I found him again after I read a fan-fiction about murdering Pinkie where the author was inspired by Something Broke. I checked it out, was sort of impressed that it was 20 minutes long and some parts rocked pretty hard, but still thought "meh".

Later on the day came where I finally both had Balloon Party and was actually listening through the entire thing. I recognized Tarby, and took notice as I knew in the very least he made Rock music. Because I didn't have the album marked as a collab I had to manly assemble a playlist, and I accidentally missed Tarby's track the first time I tried assembling it so his ended up as the last one. Eventually I made it to his track. From the start I knew I was listening to something different from the rest of the album. Eventually the first verse kicked in, and once again I found Tarby's voice boyish....then came the chorus. It was at that point I realized OH MY CELESTIA SOUNDS LIKE FREAKING ROCK STAR! NO, OMC, TARBY IS A FREAKING ROCK STAR! HOW COULD I NOT REALIZE HIS AMAZINGNESS SOONER?! (I guess it was because I was doing something else while listening to him :( ) It is by far my favorite track from the album, and it might be my top song for the whole year, pony or otherwise. I listened to that song so many times. Eventually I got around to going back to going to his youtube channel and relistening to his stuff that I found meh AND IT WAS AMAZING! AS WERE HIS SONG I DIDN'T HEAR BEFORE!

Anyway, besides my personal preference for him, why is he notable? First, his style ranges everything from Prog to Industrial to Blues to Ambient to Metal and everything in between. Not only is his style diverse, but it's also almost unique within the fandom, and he often blends these genres in ways that are rare even outside of the fandom. Also, his work includes some of the darkest songs in the fandom without being ridiculous. Finally, Something Broke, while not being his best song, IS A FREAKING ROCK OPERA ABOUT CUPCAKES, OR A 20 MINUTE PONY PROG SONG! What isn't awesome about that?

11. Sci

I haven't heard much of his stuff, but from what I have heard he appears to be pretty original and unique. His big thing is he runs Toastbeard, which has had a large impact on the community, influencing artists such Tarby and Glaze.

12. Princewhatever

Princewhatever started out just by making metal covers of other brony songs, but he has since moved into making his own songs. If Bronyfied is the King of Instrumental Metal in the fandom, than Princewhatever is probably the King of Vocal Metal. He is well known for his distinctive variety of Melodic Metalcore. He is also know for, along with Accoustic Brony, being one of the main contributors to Breaking Bonds, which was by far the most ambitious track on Balloon Party considering how many people contributed to it. Ironically enough his best known song isn't even really Metal unless it's some really light form of Alternative Metal, which is Between Fairy Tales and Happy Endings. It's one of the best Derpy songs IMO.

13. Cyril Rufus

Another guy who does stuff. His individual stuff is good, but not quite spectacular. The thing that makes him notable his just how much he is featured on other people's tracks, he puts his own music on the sideline so he can help other musicians in the community. He is also a prelistener on EQD.

14. Tysolin

Also known as Applejack the Engineer. A fantastic arranger of orchestra stuff, definitely one of the best at making orchestra covers. The most notable thing about him is he is the head of the pre-listeners on EQD.

15. Aviators

He makes cool electronic music, very different from most of the fandom's electronic music. He also stands out because of his powerful vocals, something electronic music is highly lacking in.

Honorable Mention: Interrobang Pie
Because troll/prelistener/chiptunes

All of the dubstep and moomba giants will be ignored for their lack of originality. If you are like everyone else you cannot be exceptional! >:|

These are just my opinions and probably don't reflect those of Matt Metronome Clipclop.

-Soft D. String DeHooves
Last edited by ghelded_kultz on 15 Dec 2012 06:37, edited 2 times in total.
"Wherever we are, what we hear is mostly noise. When we ignore it, it disturbs us. When we listen to it, we find it fascinating." - John Cage

Trolls and makers of bad music, thats us!
http://soundcloud.com/ghelded-kultz/tracks
ghelded_kultz

Re: Top Fifteen Brony Musicians

Postby Doofcake » 14 Dec 2012 13:28

1. WoodenToaster

He's cool.

2. Makkon

He's orchestcool.

3. sci

He makes me go all crazy.

4. Sim Gretina

He is 2 fast 4 me.

5. General Mumble

He makes creepy stuff.

6. Silva Hound

He makes sweet house.

7. Twitch

He's badass.

8. Peak Freak

He's adorable.

9. The Living Tombstone

He makes good kick snare kick snare kick snare.

10. Aviators

He gave me my name.
Doofcake

Primary: Not yet specified.
Cutie Mark: Blank flank

Postby Freewave » 14 Dec 2012 16:42

Well if you're going to include iamnotacleverpony (although no longer really active) you'd likely want to include PinkiePieSwear. Of course I'd put SGAP above those 2 as he's currently active and likewise taking brony music to a new level. Several months ago I'd include Archie but i think he's moved on and so have we. I think Alex S, Omnipony, Icky, YAC, Jackleapp, H8 Seed, D.Notive, and Foozogz would make it into a top 30 or 40 list but might fall short of a top 15.

Tell you what I'll do a top 40 list tomorrow and rank them off ytube subs. Might be interesting just to see a real ranked list after 2 years of music....
Links for my music: YouTube, Bandcamp, and Tumblr
Check out the Brony Music Directory and FimMusic. A portal for all pony music
Support the 20+ Musician Maressey Project currently underway.
Freewave

Primary: Fl Studio 10
Cutie Mark: X$X

Postby itroitnyah » 14 Dec 2012 18:49

I don't hold favorite musicians, I just hold notable ones that have left an impression on me with any of their songs.

One of the tops ones that I would have to say, is Alex S. But no, not for the reasons you may suspect. Sure, his drops are pretty massive and really good sounding, but that's not the reason I would put him first. The reason would be, he pretty much gave the kick start to brony music, from what I know. Plus, he's one of the two reasons I chose to pick up a DAW and start music production.

Second: Glaze

in the 4 years that he's been making music, he's managed to make expertly good sounding synths and songs, with great melody and rhythm. He's a major inspiration to me, although him being one of my sources for inspiration didn't start until I started to learn music theory

And that's about it. I don't listen to a whole lot of other brony producers of music.
Image Image I am no longer an active member. here
My studio: [List of equipment]
itroitnyah

Primary: FL Studio 11
Cutie Mark: Blank flank

Postby BassClef -DatPoni- » 14 Dec 2012 19:51

Cant really do a top 15, but can do top 5

1, Alex S.

Alex S' music is creative and heavy, hes a total bro irl, and hes handsome! But seriously he has my #1 spot because of his production skills, ehich are easily the best, not only in thus fandom, but almost ever! (he is 2nd to rob swire)

2, DJ MHM

My god his music hits hard and his style ofof heavy wubs and yois is somehow unique, hes just so impressive

3, Archie

Only brony to land a record deal, his tracks are catchy and well done, hes also a really cool guy.

4, Six Of Lasers

He has only made 2 songs, but HOLY GOD THEYRE GOOD, he would have taken number 2 if he had more stuff

5, Lavender Harmony

Rob Swire of the bronies, that is all.
DAW: Ableton Suit 8
VST: Massive, Kontakt (symphobia, orchestral brass classsic, cineharp, emotional piano) and absynth (rarely)

Genres: dubstep, DnB.

current projects: none just finished em all
BassClef -DatPoni-

Postby ghelded_kultz » 15 Dec 2012 05:34

Freewave wrote:Well if you're going to include iamnotacleverpony (although no longer really active) you'd likely want to include PinkiePieSwear. Of course I'd put SGAP above those 2 as he's currently active and likewise taking brony music to a new level. Several months ago I'd include Archie but i think he's moved on and so have we. I think Alex S, Omnipony, Icky, YAC, Jackleapp, H8 Seed, D.Notive, and Foozogz would make it into a top 30 or 40 list but might fall short of a top 15.

Tell you what I'll do a top 40 list tomorrow and rank them off ytube subs. Might be interesting just to see a real ranked list after 2 years of music....

I know even less about PinkiePieSwear than I do Mike the Microphone. If he was the guy who started the whole dubstep thing I guess he would be notable, maybe in the top 15, but I really don't know enough about him to rate him against similar artists. The only reason iamnotacleverpony is up so high is because she was the first, otherwise she would be a lot lower.

Also, YAC does not deserve to be on any list as he is a dickbutt and should be punished for being such.

-Soft D. String DeHooves
"Wherever we are, what we hear is mostly noise. When we ignore it, it disturbs us. When we listen to it, we find it fascinating." - John Cage

ghelded_kultz

Postby ghelded_kultz » 15 Dec 2012 06:47

itroitnyah wrote:I don't hold favorite musicians, I just hold notable ones that have left an impression on me with any of their songs.

One of the tops ones that I would have to say, is Alex S. But no, not for the reasons you may suspect. Sure, his drops are pretty massive and really good sounding, but that's not the reason I would put him first. The reason would be, he pretty much gave the kick start to brony music, from what I know. Plus, he's one of the two reasons I chose to pick up a DAW and start music production.

Second: Glaze

in the 4 years that he's been making music, he's managed to make expertly good sounding synths and songs, with great melody and rhythm. He's a major inspiration to me, although him being one of my sources for inspiration didn't start until I started to learn music theory

And that's about it. I don't listen to a whole lot of other brony producers of music.

Well this isn't about your personal favorites, it's about notable ones, like what you selected. My current personal favorites looks something like this:

1. Tarby
2. Accoustic Brony
3. Bronyfied
4. Princewhatever
5. Mando Pony
6. Dethonator
7. M Pallante
8. Jeff Burgess
9. Aviators
10. The Living Tombstone
11. Psychogoth
12. Pinkie Guy
13. ISMBOF
14. Glaze
15. Peak Freak

While there is some overlap it's overall very different from what I picked as the all around top musicians in the community, especially with regards to exact order.

-Soft D. String DeHooves

ghelded_kultz

Postby Freewave » 15 Dec 2012 12:12

Alright I spent a few hours on looking up well known musical bronies and their youtube subscriptions (don't worry i was at work when i was looking so i was getting paid). Here is a large list. Basically anyone over 1,000 I went ahead and jotted down and then sorted by subs. I am sure i may have missed a few so if you see anyone missing, double check their subs and let me know who i did, how many, and I'll add them to the list. Archie doesn't have pony music on his channel and has dropped his pony music twice now so he was not included. Anyone with ** after their name does more than just music so may have a boost there. PMV artists not included.

So the list

The Alicorns of the Community (Over 50,000)
1. 86,975 Living Tombstone (Celestia)
2. 69,427 WoodenToaster/Glaze (Luna)
3. 57,808 Alex S (Candace)

The Unicorns of the Community (5,001-50,000)
4. 44,743 Mic the Microphone **
5. 35,254 MandoPony
6. 27,851 PinkiePieSwear
7. 27,362 Black Gryphon**
8. 25,179 SimGretina
9. 24,903 Omnipony
10. 24,531 RainbowCrash88 **
11. 24,184 Eurobeat Brony
12. 23,410 Acoustic Brony
13. 23,019 Jackle App
14. 21,936 Aviators
15. 20,353 Vinyl Scratch **
16. 13,826 General Mumble
17. 12,807 Ibringdalulz
18. 10,185 Bronyfied
19. 9,783 d.notive
20. 9,382 Silva Hound
21. 9,207 H8 Seed
22. 9,184 Princewhateverer
23. 8,842 Makkon
24. 8,611 Not ACleverPony
25. 8,278 Foozogz
26. 7,620 SoGreatandPowerfull
27. 7,246 Coconeru **
28. 7,181 Psychogoth / Bagpipe Brony
29. 7,146 Ponyphonic
30. 7,067 Assertive Fluttershy
31. 7,022 Taps
32. 7,002 All Levels at Once
33. 6,603 Art Attack
34. 6,562 Interrobang Pie
35. 6,529 Dj M-H-M
36. 6,500 Forest Rain
37. 6,449 Yelling at Cats
38. 6,374 Tsyolin
39. 6,045 Navy Brony
40. 5,926 Stormwolf
41. 5,295 TeithePony
42. 5,200 TuXe

The Pegasi of the Community (1,001-5,000)
43. 4,891 Replacer
44. 4,475 Dr.Dissonance
45. 4,100 Keep On Rockin' Brony / Icky
46. 4,100 dbpony
47. 3,938 Chain Algorithm
48. 3,900 Beatle Bronies
49. 3,622 YourEnigma
50. 3,497 Derpedity
51. 3,266 Stars in Autumn
52. 3,102 Whitetail
53. 3,077 FlutterRex
54. 3,059 Feather
55. 2,959 Blaze
56. 2,933 Twitch
57. 2,911 F3nning
58. 2,841 ElectroKaplosion
59. 2,638 Cyril Rufus
60. 2,638 AgileDash
61. 2,619 Tarby
62. 2,575 ismBoF
63. 2,510 MEMJ
64. 2,420 Zahqo
65. 2,359 ThatSonofaMitch
66. 2,311 Lavendar Harmony
67. 2,256 Matthew Mosier
68. 2,200 Baschfire
69. 2,200 Orchestral Design
70. 2,200 Daks
71. 2,112 Poni1Kenobi
72. 2,100 Toastwaffle
73. 2,100 Stablefree
74. 2,029 JayB
75. 2,015 Dethonator
76. 1,969 Ibeabronyrapper
77. 1,967 AkwardMarina
78. 1,957 Pinkie Guy
79. 1,911 Pipsqueak/TheDumplingz
80. 1,909 PhillyPu
81. 1,897 Addicta
82. 1,838 Evening Star
83. 1,800 Underpony
84. 1,800 Jcarlson04
85. 1,797 [VoodooPony]
86. 1,784 Sub.Sound
87. 1,746 CommandSpry
88. 1,700 Mysterious Brony
89. 1,676 Psychedelic Brony
90. 1,673 Circuit Fry
91. 1,600 Carbon Maestro
92. 1,600 Cats Miillionaire
93. 1,581 Ponyvisation
94. 1,518 Michael A
95. 1,505 Nameless Warning 
96. 1,503 Echelon
97. 1,500 PhonyBrony
98. 1,500 Aspect of the Storm
99. 1,498 Thorinair
100. 1,400 Pinkie Cake
101. 1,333 Koroshi-Ya
102. 1,300 Wolf of Sadness
103. 1,300 Six of Lasers
104. 1,209 Jeff Burgess
105. 1,188 Sonic Breakbeat **
106. 1,149 And The Rainfall
107. 1,118 Sci
108. 1,107 FurtherProof
109. 1,086 Megaphoric
110. 1,050 Kyoga
111. 1,050 Peak Freak (before he left)
112. 1,050 SoaringFlight

Earth Ponies (101-1,000) / Blank Flanks / Fillies (1-100)
Don't feel bad, there's a whole lot of us! Welcome to the club!
Last edited by Freewave on 21 Dec 2012 12:33, edited 15 times in total.
Freewave

Postby Matthew N. » 15 Dec 2012 13:44

I do not have favourite brony artists, but I do love Warbalist's work. Not only because he gave me a helping hand a few times, but he's also a very talented musician on his own. He and his wife. You guys rock. Literally.
Matthew N.

Postby Gray Ham » 19 Dec 2012 04:43

1. SoGreatandPowerful
2. SoGreatandPowerful
3. SoGreatandPowerful
4. SoGreatandPowerful
5. SoGreatandPowerful
6. SoGreatandPowerful
7. SoGreatandPowerful
8. SoGreatandPowerful
9. SoGreatandPowerful
10. SoGreatandPowerful
11. SoGreatandPowerful
12. SoGreatandPowerful
13. SoGreatandPowerful
14. SoGreatandPowerful
15. General Mumble
currently on a hiatus from actively making music due to school

ImageImage
What's soaking wet and clueless?
Gray Ham

Primary: ACID
Cutie Mark: A Trumpet

Postby Nine Volt » 19 Dec 2012 13:53

Aight, fine

1. General Mumble/Daemian
He's cool, makes creepy and unique music at a regular pace

2. Glaze
Just an all around good musician. If only he would post more stuff, but I suppose you can't rush perfection (or Glaze) :3

3. Icky
He is just damn talented

4. The Living Tombstone
More his earlier stuff, personally, but he's still good.

5. Eurobeat Brony
He made Discord and Luna. Nuff said.

6. H8_Seed
Cool shit yo

7. Flutter Rex
Nice unique songs

8. Alex S.
I like that he doesn't just do pony stuff

9. Sim Gretina
Master Remixer of the fandom.

10. Mic the Microphone
Pretty good at rapping, plus his dramatic readings are good

11. Yelling At Cats
Good rapper.

12. Silva Hound
just is

13. MC Flowny
His lyrics are godly

14. CommandSpry
For such an avid troll he makes good music

15. Assertive Fluttershy
He's good.

Honorable Mention:
Omnipony. I just wish he didn't use the same damn pattern for every bass drop >:I
Nine Volt

Postby Freewave » 19 Dec 2012 15:01

Well i published the list on tumblr and then got about 15 corrections of who i missed. Most people are commenting on their tumblr vs commenting on the blogspot but trying to add them when i can.

http://thefreewave.tumblr.com/post/3831 ... s-of-brony
Freewave

Postby Stu Beef » 23 Dec 2012 23:39

I dunno if I could pick a top FIFTEEN, but defs my top five would have to be

1. Dylan

2. Dylan

and 3-5 Dylan

Ok, but really, pretty much everyone mentioned in this thread is awesome. I do get particularly excited whenever I see that SoGreatandPowerful and ponyphonic have released something though.

Lots of respect to Mando for knowing his stuff

to Alex S. for being pretty good at composition actually

to Mumble for making tons of wacky/awesome things.
Stu Beef

Postby ghelded_kultz » 23 Dec 2012 23:55

Freewave wrote:Well i published the list on tumblr and then got about 15 corrections of who i missed. Most people are commenting on their tumblr vs commenting on the blogspot but trying to add them when i can.

http://thefreewave.tumblr.com/post/3831 ... s-of-brony

Thank you for compiling this, Matt and I were thinking about doing this as well as looking at a few other methods for judging popularity when we were discussing this awhile ago. Of course, subscription count doesn't measure popularity with 100% accuracy (though it is probably the easiest way to measure it and may be the best), and popularity isn't the only factor to be taken into account when determining the top musicians for this. Anyway, I didn't realize Alex S was number 3, I really know very little about him and have no interest in him. I think I heard a few songs by him and have no further memory of him.

-Soft D. String DeHooves

ghelded_kultz

Postby Gray Ham » 26 Dec 2012 09:54

In alphabetical order, these would be some artists I'd put somewhere in my list. I don't know why I'm taking up such a large challenge at 2:30am but whatever.

Aviators
Click this. Now, click this. I thought they were pretty cool.

F3nning
There are two things I love. None of them are particularly relevant to putting F3 here, so I won't mention them. This guy made GALA, which was cool. Divided, Let This Be The End, and Better were pretty cool, too.

Foozogz
Psychotic/Demented Cupcakes, Rarity Attempts/Makes 4000 Dresses, Of Fond Memories and Laughter and Kindness have shown that he's a great all-round producer.

General Mumble
Where do I begin? Have you heard some of the stuff he's made? More Than A Chicken, All Fine, Spike, Maakit Stop!, Gator In The Tub, Shark Sharts, Wings & Horns, Mare Do Well, and, seriously, I'm scraping the surface.
(I think I somehow got him to put Treelights on his Best Of album, yay for that)
(Rainbow FUCKtory was good too)

Glaze
Beyond Her Garden, Rainbow Factory, Awoken, Lost On The Moon, Supernatural remix, Fruits Of Her Labour, She's A Pony remix. 'Nuff said.

Jackle App
Griffin Village is awesome. His remixes of The Perfect Stallion and Find A Pet are incredible. He also made Scootaloo's Wings, and without it we wouldn't have The Wings You've Earned by Tarby/George DesRoches.

LapFox Trax/VulpVibe/Mayhem/Renard/Furries in a Blender/etc.
Ever heard of He Pukes Based Shark? One of the million remixes of Avast Your Ass? I Love My Internet Friends? Atomizer? Eyyup, this guy.

Poni1Kenobi
This guy has a fairly good voice. Maybe you should click that second link under Aviators' name? Listen to Sorceress Girl and Honestly too, while you're at it.

SoGreatandPowerful
You're no longer my friend if you haven't heard this guy's music. Maybe I'm being a little harsh, though, because unlists every song he makes.
currently on a hiatus from actively making music due to school

ImageImage
What's soaking wet and clueless?
Gray Ham

Primary: ACID
Cutie Mark: A Trumpet

Postby Rainbowdutch » 10 Jan 2013 17:51

ghelded_kultz wrote:13. Cyril Rufus

Another guy who does stuff. His individual stuff is good, but not quite spectacular. The thing that makes him notable his just how much he is featured on other people's tracks, he puts his own music on the sideline so he can help other musicians in the community. He is also a prelistener on EQD.

14. Tysolin

Also known as Applejack the Engineer. A fantastic arranger of orchestra stuff, definitely one of the best at making orchestra covers. The most notable thing about him is he is the head of the pre-listeners on EQD.

I am guessing you have got your information from the outdated staff page on eqd

tsyolin has no longer been part of the prelisteners for a while now. he gave his title (which btw is only ceremonial anyway) to cyril and overkillius.
cyril left a month or two ago as well so that makes overkillius the head of the current prelisteners.
Rainbowdutch

Postby Freewave » 10 Jan 2013 18:25

Well does any outsider really know who is part of the eqd pre-listener staff? I've heard it changes semi-frequently. Still nice to know.
Freewave

Postby Glitchhog » 10 Jan 2013 20:24

Rainbowdutch wrote:
ghelded_kultz wrote:13. Cyril Rufus

14. Tysolin

I am guessing you have got your information from the outdated staff page on eqd

tsyolin has no longer been part of the prelisteners for a while now. he gave his title (which btw is only ceremonial anyway) to cyril and overkillius.
cyril left a month or two ago as well so that makes overkillius the head of the current prelisteners.

Overkillius doesn't post all that frequently in the chat, however. It's mainly myself, Triangle and a couple others (who've recently been added, I won't give away any names.)
Australian-based Electrohouse producer. Check out my YouTube or SoundCloud for music, or help me out by donating.
Glitchhog

Primary: FL Studio
Cutie Mark: Electrohouse

Postby Rainbowdutch » 11 Jan 2013 06:38

Myeah we prelistener aren't the most loved people in the community so I try not to be too public about who all are part of the prelistener. It is their choice if they wanna tell people. We do need to poke Seth a little more about updating that staff page though >. <

Anyway let's get back to those top 15's before makkon and his sexy chest go full on voldemord on us and lock the chamber of secr- I mean this thread.
Rainbowdutch

Return to My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic