Toys and Brony Stories

We all love it, otherwise it's unlikely you'd be here. Talk about the show and the fanbase surrounding it. Brony music discussions encouraged.

Toys and Brony Stories

Postby ArtAttack » 23 Jul 2011 08:32

So yesterday I was on my way to see Captain AMERICA with a bunch of friends (I was dressed as Bandit Keith from Yu-Gi-Oh Abridged...IN AMERICA). We stopped at Target because we had some time to kill. Naturally, 3 out of the 5 friends present being bronies, we went to the girl's toy isle to check out if they had anything. After dicking around with the ungodly Pink Celestia (I'M A PRINCESS. ARE YOU A PRINCESS TOO?), I decided to do it. I took the Fluttershy Tree Nursery off the shelf, and brought it to the cashier. He I was, a guy wearing an american flag bandanna and sunglasses going to check out a My Little Pony toy. The college kid at the cash register said "Hey Brony" and gave me a fist bump.

Name: Sam
DAW: FL Studio 10
Genre: French Electro, Electro House, Complextro, Dubstep
Current Projects:
SECOND ALBUM
BALLOON PARTY: Tourniqakes
Lots of remixes omg
ArtAttack

Primary: Not yet specified.
Cutie Mark: idiot mark

Re: Toys and Brony Stories

Postby Interrobang Pie » 23 Jul 2011 09:04

I'm not one for buying the merch.

I don't think they sell anything near where I live anyway (apart from the pony spaghetti shaped things in Morrisons (I forget, were they Heinz or HP?)), and even then I don't have the courage to go up and buy it.

I'm afraid to even order it in some super secret locked crate because I'd still have to answer the door.
A great man wrote:Circuitfry: fries circuits of this whole topic, one at a time (I know that's not how servers work, but Puns work all the time)
Interrobang Pie

Postby Dr_Dissonance » 23 Jul 2011 09:07

I have bought the blind bags before (used the number checking technique to get Dashie, Rarity, Applejack and Pinkie Pie! I also got Bumblesweet who currently sits next to my laptop...) No one seemed to comment when I went through the cashier...in fact, we had a chat about how we both dislike rain! HOW EXCITING!

But I think you win with your story ArtAttack!
Tubeyou
You are the hero My Little Remix deserves, not the one it needs.
So we’ll hunt you. Because you can take it. Because you’re not our hero.
You’re a silent guardian of music, a watchful protector of songs.
A doctor of dissonance.
-Phillypu
Dr_Dissonance

Postby Kumquaticus » 23 Jul 2011 09:44

Okay, so, here I was, in Detroit on a mission trip, going with some of my group to a CVS to get some random crap, and I see PONIES. Specifically, those bubble-blowing Pinkie Pies. I completely freak out over this perfect chance, considering I'm not with my family and I actually found ponies, no matter how small the stock was, so I walk over there, grab one off of the shelf, march right up to the counter, and I FREAKING BUY HER.

I was a little bit dissapointed with the cashier, though. She really didn't say anything, it was kind of boring.

And then I figured out that she actually made this face: Image
ULTIMATE GLEE
Life is good. Life is short. Have some fun and enjoy it while it lasts.

My bandcamp
My SoundCloud
My Tumblr
Kumquaticus

Postby Versilaryan » 23 Jul 2011 12:58

Toys R Us cashiers are either really professional or don't give a damn about anything people buy anymore. My stories are all really, really boring. Including the one last night were my friend and I stood in the pink aisle FOREEEEVER trying to figure out which ones to buy and an employee stopped by and answered my question about the rewards card.

I should go to Target and buy ponies instead. More crowded there, and I get funny looks all the time for buying Pokemon cards...
Versilaryan

Postby TheSunAndTheRainfall » 31 Jul 2011 19:30

I've been on too many pony buying adventures in various parts of town, but most of them have been incredibly boring. :/ The only evenful one was that first time when I came out to my friends as a brony and dragged them pony hunting with me immediately after. There was some teasing, as I guess was to be expected, but then one of my friends bumped into some of HIS friends, and things just went downhill from there. :/

As for cashiers, the only thing anyone has ever said about the ponies was this old lady who was bagging products, who turned around to her coworkers, showed her the brushable Applejack I was buying, and commented on how cute she was.

Now, when I went to take some pictures for the Ponies Around the World event on Equestria Daily a couple of weeks back, now that was a whole 'nother story. Weird looks galore. This old lady with what looked like her son, and her son's son, came up to me and my friends and asked us what the hell we were doing. And walked away laughing her head off after I explained. [insert shrugpony]

I haven't met any bronies IRL, though. For shame. :/
TheSunAndTheRainfall

Postby Circuitfry » 02 Aug 2011 00:03

Anti-brony ninjas attacked me when I bought a Pinkie Pie toy for my niece. She loves ponies so to defend her favorite pony I was forced to use the ultimate Circuitsu technique. Busting the master fuse of the supermarket.
Viricide wrote:Thanks Obama. Or should I say Cirbama.

\
Circuitfry

Primary: LMMS
Cutie Mark: {;}

Postby Versilaryan » 02 Aug 2011 13:15

Circuitfry wrote:Anti-brony ninjas attacked me when I bought a Pinkie Pie toy for my niece. She loves ponies so to defend her favorite pony I was forced to use the ultimate Circuitsu technique.

Dat flank?
Versilaryan

Postby Circuitfry » 03 Aug 2011 01:16

Versilaryan wrote:Dat flank?
Oh no, not that again! Ha ha ha!
Viricide wrote:Thanks Obama. Or should I say Cirbama.

\
Circuitfry

Primary: LMMS
Cutie Mark: {;}

Postby Lethaargic » 19 Aug 2011 04:30

So this chick goes to buy one of the G3 MLP Shirts we got in at work

Lady: "Is this a good size for a twelve year old?"
Me: "yea shure" (apparently all kids are the same size these days)
Lady: "My Niece is Really into My Littly Pony"
Me: "Oh yeah?" "when did she get into it?" (thinking maybe shes a brony)
Lady: ...turns to gal she's with, "wait this isn't the right thing, is it?"
Me: :/
Lady: "not My Little Pony, she's into that other thing" "what's that other thing with the jewelry, they make jewelry for it."
Me: X_X
art is the quintessential embodiment of telepathy, it is how we show each other the inside of our minds

Previously Spacepsy

SoundCloud
Lethaargic

Return to My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic