Glitch [Effect VST]

Discuss tips, tricks, and the creative process of music creation. Post HELP threads here

Glitch [Effect VST]

Postby NotACleverPony » 29 Jun 2011 14:22

I've been experimenting with Glitch for a bit.

http://www.kvraudio.com/db/1904

Haven't done anything insanely creative with it, but it's definitely got potential.

I used the tape stop and the stutter effects in "Lower the Moon" from 1:45 to 1:47 right on the master channel.

NotACleverPony

Re: Glitch [Effect VST]

Postby Aussie » 29 Jun 2011 19:55

Hah. I think I use this VST WAY too much.

In fact, here's a song I made that's pretty much nothing but dBlue Glitch.

Aussie

Postby Whitetail » 29 Jun 2011 20:03

If I could get that VST to RTAS adapter working this would probably be my favorite effect haha
Really Pro Tools vst limitations mixed with being too lazy to open up demo FL and setting it up with the audio imported that's preventing me from abusing it.

So that IS what you used for Lower the Moon, that's what I was figuring but I didn't know if there were any other good effects out there for that sound (hmm i forget it's actual name, only thing that comes to mind is tape delay but that's not it).
Whitetail

Postby [voodoopony] » 29 Jun 2011 23:58

Confound you Microsoft! If only this was for Mac :[
Warning: May cause rapid chest hair growth.
Youtube - Bandcamp
[voodoopony]

Postby penguindf12 » 30 Jun 2011 00:40

Zowie! I would use this every damn day if it were RTAS. Can anyone make this happen? Or tell me how to make this happen?

I've used VST->RTAS converters before, and they all do not work.
penguindf12

Postby Makkon » 30 Jun 2011 00:44

penguindf12: What sequencer software are you using? I'm not familiar with any that use RTAS exclusively.
youtube | deviantart | tumblr

I'm Makkon.
Makkon
Site Admin

Postby penguindf12 » 30 Jun 2011 01:37

Makkon wrote:penguindf12: What sequencer software are you using? I'm not familiar with any that use RTAS exclusively.

*sigh* ProTools. It's the industry standard, but it only functions with RTAS, and I'm dependent on it.
penguindf12

Postby Makkon » 30 Jun 2011 01:43

Yikes!
That's disheartening because Kontakt is a VST, which would mean that an industry standard VST isn't compatible with an industry standard sequencer. :S
youtube | deviantart | tumblr

I'm Makkon.
Makkon
Site Admin

Postby Whitetail » 30 Jun 2011 06:59

Most high end plugins come in RTAS, I'm beyond certain that Kontact comes in RTAS format.
The problem with the RTAS limitation is that there's no free ones, so you can imagine that gets particularly annoying. I've been working with the plugins that came out of the box and a trial version of a few synth and that really does become quite a pain (the synth plugin works fairly well from my experience but it's incapable of sine waves, the more generalized sampled synth (which basically has all the acoustic instruments and such in it) tends to sound meh so I avoid using it - I'm running a trial version of massive and it sounds great, problem being that it shuts itself off every 30 minutes and I have to restart my entire program to get it running again).
Whitetail

Postby Spirit » 08 Jul 2011 15:59

wow, ive just had a look at this VST and used it a little, this is a powerful little plugin, nice and easy to use too, deffo gonna look at using this in the future
http://soundcloud.com/mexztah <-- Tunes wot i have made up
Currently working on/ideas: Nothing ATM
System sound for system people
Spirit

Postby Whitetail » 08 Jul 2011 16:15

1: Run an amen break through this plugin
2: ??????
3: Profit!
Whitetail

Postby DerpyGrooves » 08 Jul 2011 19:18

Derpy Hooves wrote:1: Run an amen break through this plugin
2: ??????
3: Profit!

IS THAT U, LUKE VILBERT???

But for cereal, is it possible to map Dblue to a midi controller? i.e. Each MPC pad causes a different effect to trigger on/off.
"Had you played some free jazz to ninety five per cent of the people who had made 'Take Five' a smash, they would have run for cover behind the latest release by Pat Boone." - The Timelords
DerpyGrooves

Postby aap998 » 18 Jul 2011 10:42

sorry for a probably question, but how do I make it work?? I use cubase 5... I have no clue in what folder i need to drop it
aap998

Postby Pinkie Cake » 18 Jul 2011 11:16

aap998 wrote:sorry for a probably question, but how do I make it work?? I use cubase 5... I have no clue in what folder i need to drop it
I'm not 100% sure, may vary from the DAW, but as I know the default folder usualy is C:\Program Files\Steinberg\VstPlugins .
Ofcourse you can create a new folder and specify in the settings:
some website wrote: in Cubase main menu (top bar) choose "Devices"
in "Devices" menu select "Plug-in Information", that will pop up a new window
in a poped-up "Plug-in Information" window click on "VST 2.x Plug-in Paths" button. That will pop-up another windows
in a poped-up "VST 2.x Plug-in Paths" window click "Add" button and browse the folder where you have/want your plugins (for example C:\Program Files\Steinberg\VstPlugins) and press "OK".
press "OK" in "Plug-in Information" window
I hope I found the correct info, otherwise I just wasted your time :D
Pinkie Cake

Postby aap998 » 18 Jul 2011 12:48

sounds legit, thx :) try tommorow
aap998

Postby Diss Order » 27 Jul 2011 18:04

Owow, free VST's! :D

Thanks for posting, judging from the description and examples it sounds very useful. :)
New aliases: Subhoofer, for online fandom stuffs. Name Not Required is for original stuff. :)

https://soundcloud.com/djnnr/lemons-2nd-preview
Diss Order

Return to Technique