How do I sidechain in Psycle?

Discuss tips, tricks, and the creative process of music creation. Post HELP threads here

How do I sidechain in Psycle?

Postby UltimateRiff » 24 Feb 2013 01:00

So, I've been using LMMS for most of my music. However, it doesn't play well with VSTs for me, so I recently got Psycle just to try it out.

I'm trying to make a house track of some sort. The thing is, I can't figure out how to sidechain (like this, but not in LMMS). I'm not sure how many of y'all use Psycle, but I figured I'd ask anyways.
UltimateRiff

Cutie Mark: Guitaring

Re: How do I sidechain in Psycle?

Postby itroitnyah » 24 Feb 2013 08:10

And you can't... link tracks together? Or hmm... Freeware like this often doesn't have capabilities like this, and if they do then it's really hard to do that without knowing how or even knowing how to use the software. I would have no idea how in the world you should do this. Either hope that the thread you made on their site pays off and you find out how there, or just try out things to see if you can figure it out yourself. Or you could just automate the volume yourself, lol.
Image Image I am no longer an active member. here
My studio: [List of equipment]
itroitnyah

Primary: FL Studio 11
Cutie Mark: Blank flank

Postby Alycs » 25 Feb 2013 09:26

Yeah, looking over the software and its capabilities, it doesn't seem that it offers the kind of abilities that you would need to sidechain, as it doesn't support any sort of interaction between tracks (which seems a really big oversight).

If you really don't like LMMS (I haven't found its poor handling of VST's very debilitating myself), I'd suggest downloading a program such as REAPER, which has an unlimited and fully functional demo download (though to register [which is optional but highly encouraged] it costs $60) and offers pretty much everything you could want.
Soundcloud||Tumblr||Youtube||Graphics||Bandcamp
Freewave wrote:being too critical can make you too critical
Alycs

Primary: FL Studio
Cutie Mark: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Postby UltimateRiff » 02 Mar 2013 12:51

It's not that I don't like LMMS, it's just that I wanted to use all these VSTs I keep picking up, although I'll keep Reaper in mind.

Also, it is possible to sidechain, it's just not very obvious. I'll go ahead and link to the thread I created on the Psycle forum for future reference.
UltimateRiff

Cutie Mark: Guitaring

Return to Technique