<Orchestral> Producers - do you play any instruments?

Discuss tips, tricks, and the creative process of music creation. Post HELP threads here

Re: <Orchestral> Producers - do you play any instruments?

Postby v.lossity » 08 Feb 2013 05:37

FIMprov wrote:Oh, and v.lossity, I just thought of another thing. Since I imagine you don't care much for classical music, you could also try film soundtracks to get that epic cinematic sound without being bored out of your gourd by a twenty-minute Boroque brass ensemble. A more cinematic style is what many orchestral producers go for anyway.

Oh no sir, I love classical. How can someone play in an orchestra and not? But yeah, still a good idea.
v.lossity

Re: <Orchestral> Producers - do you play any instruments?

Postby FIMprov » 08 Feb 2013 12:57

v.lossity wrote:
FIMprov wrote:Oh, and v.lossity, I just thought of another thing. Since I imagine you don't care much for classical music, you could also try film soundtracks to get that epic cinematic sound without being bored out of your gourd by a twenty-minute Boroque brass ensemble. A more cinematic style is what many orchestral producers go for anyway.

Oh no sir, I love classical. How can someone play in an orchestra and not? But yeah, still a good idea.

Oh, whoops! My apologies for not paying close attention to your posts. Regardless, I think it's a good thing that orchestral is as popular as it is, because that tends to draw the spotlight that much closer to classical, which gets all too little attention these days.
-YouTube- || -SoundCloud- || -Tumblr- (pony) || -Tumblr- (non-pony)
FIMprov

Primary: Ableton
Cutie Mark: Piano

Previous

Return to Technique