Skrillex Vocal Samples?

Discuss tips, tricks, and the creative process of music creation. Post HELP threads here

Skrillex Vocal Samples?

Postby Perpetual » 13 Jan 2013 17:55

I got this new song i'm working on, and I feel like a couple of vocal samples such as the one in Skrillex's Cinema remix at 1:18:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6lVhGeyXuw
would fill up the blandness in the mix. Price doesn't really matter as long as it's not unreasonably high of course.
Perpetual

Re: Vocal Samplez?

Postby itroitnyah » 13 Jan 2013 18:10

The vengeance club essentials have some good vocal samples for such thing, and I'm sure that other vengeance and prime loops sample packs have some pretty good samples, but if you can't find what you're looking for, the easiest thing to do would be to record yourself saying something obscure, "Hamburger monster" in this case, and then apply distortion and other general effects, pitch up or down, and modify it to sound how you'd like. Feel free to sample yourself saying what you want or whatever, don't just stick to the obscure stuff. I just mentioned saying something obscure, because, we all know, that's what a lot of dubstep buildups are :P (build up, somebody saying something obscure for about 1/2 measure or so, bass drop, repeat, dubstep fuck yeah)
Image Image I am no longer an active member. here
My studio: [List of equipment]
itroitnyah

Primary: FL Studio 11
Cutie Mark: Blank flank

Postby XXDarkShadow79XX » 13 Jan 2013 18:53

Sorry dude, but you've gotta be creative! Sample random viral videos, speeches, movies, tv shows, whatever! People eat dat up! Of course, if you're looking for a specific pack, I'm not sure if I can help. I don't think anyone's made an official "Vocal samples to put before the drop" sample pack. XD
XXDarkShadow79XX

Primary: FL

Postby Nine Volt » 13 Jan 2013 18:55

Sample from everything. Use a youtube downloader and sample your favorite youtuber. Sample a presidential speech. Sample a tv show. Sample yourself saying something. Use a vocal synthesizer. Use Vengeance.

Basically, be creative!
Nine Volt

Postby XXDarkShadow79XX » 13 Jan 2013 18:57

Nine Volt wrote:Sample from everything. Use a youtube downloader and sample your favorite youtuber. Sample a presidential speech. Sample a tv show.

Basically, be creative!

Wow 9V! Thanks for saying exactly what I said!

Only kidding, only kidding.
XXDarkShadow79XX

Primary: FL

Postby Nine Volt » 13 Jan 2013 19:05

Well... I... you... but...

:3

(just reiterating)
Nine Volt

Postby Perpetual » 13 Jan 2013 20:35

itroitnyah wrote:The vengeance club essentials have some good vocal samples for such thing, and I'm sure that other vengeance and prime loops sample packs have some pretty good samples, but if you can't find what you're looking for, the easiest thing to do would be to record yourself saying something obscure, "Hamburger monster" in this case, and then apply distortion and other general effects, pitch up or down, and modify it to sound how you'd like. Feel free to sample yourself saying what you want or whatever, don't just stick to the obscure stuff. I just mentioned saying something obscure, because, we all know, that's what a lot of dubstep buildups are :P (build up, somebody saying something obscure for about 1/2 measure or so, bass drop, repeat, dubstep fuck yeah)

Thanks for the recommendation, that pack is full of neat vocal samples.
Perpetual

Postby eClypse » 16 Jan 2013 01:17

Perpetual wrote:Thanks for the recommendation, that pack is full of neat vocal samples.

Especially the VEC-vocals are extremely overused. You still can use them, if you tweak them a lot, it's still your decision. But they got the same reputation in the EDM-scene like the "louder"-sample in the bronyproducerscene. Nine Volt's tip is kinda good, try sampling some stuff by your own.

edit: Skrillex does the same in some of his tracks. If you remember her f.e.

eClypse

Primary: Not yet specified.
Cutie Mark: Blank flank

Return to Technique