Help with Makin' Lasers

Discuss tips, tricks, and the creative process of music creation. Post HELP threads here

Re: Help with Makin' Lasers

Postby GumsOfGabby » 17 Jan 2013 23:00

Youtube | Soundcloud

FL/Massive noob

Need a bit of feedback? Don't be shy to send me a PM along with your sample.
GumsOfGabby

Postby ChocolateChicken » 17 Jan 2013 23:52

4thImpulse, I thought I was being rather clear; the second sentence in OP was pretty understandable. I think people got confused when I linked a song example, or perhaps folks just weren't reading the text. As for your suggestion, haha, that sounds like it would be a clusterfuck of sound; I'll be sure to tell Omnipony about that technique.

Oh yeah, and GumsofGabby, I use the demo of Massive, so downloading patches doesn't really do much for me, haha. You're much too kind though.

So I guess not to many other folks on MLR have much experience with lasers then?
ChocolateChicken

Primary: Logic Pro
Cutie Mark: Blank Flank

Postby KillerAmp » 19 Jan 2013 16:33

ChocolateChicken wrote:So I guess not to many other folks on MLR have much experience with lasers then?

i would have answered earlier, i should check the boards more.
im not sure any of my dubstep drops would be complete without the use of some good lasers (i believe my signature has an example)
anyways,
i think some awesome ways to use lasers (once you get a base of a laser) are:
= when the laser's launch ends and it pitch slides down, throw an lfo on it, and it makes some really interesting sounds
= reverse the laser, make it go up rather than down
= repeat the launch of the laser (basically re-initaite the sound) a few times before letting it run
= mess with the stereo position, make it start mono and end spread between the stereo channels
= detune, small reverb (or dimension expander if you use massive), pitch cutoff multiple voices (also speaking in from a massive users point of view), and gradually adding bitcrusher can do interesting things
i'm sure i could suggest more, but i'm not too sure of what OP is looking for.
KillerAmp

Primary: Ableton Live 9
Cutie Mark: Feels

Previous

Return to Technique