I require aid

Discuss tips, tricks, and the creative process of music creation. Post HELP threads here

I require aid

Postby FadedSilhouette » 14 Dec 2012 18:03

Ok so I feel like a complete noob here but can someone tell me how to use Z3ta+2 in FL Studio 10? For some reason I can only get it to work as a standalone when I want it in FL Studio. PLease help.
Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/FadedSilh0uette/feed?filter=2
Soundcloud: http://soundcloud.com/faded-silhouette

DAW: FL STudio 10
VST's: Toxic Biohazard, Sytrus, Z3ta+2
Hardware: ASUS Laptop, mouse, Blue Snowball

I has all dem tasty hardwares.
FadedSilhouette

Re: I require aid

Postby Lavender_Harmony » 14 Dec 2012 18:09

I found this in five seconds.

Failing that get in touch with either Image Line or Cakewalk and see what they say. I'd try Cakewalk support first.
Lavender_Harmony

Primary: Not yet specified.
Cutie Mark: Blank flank

Re: I require aid

Postby itroitnyah » 14 Dec 2012 19:04

Just make sure that you copy and paste the file you downloaded for the synth into the folder it belongs in. In this case, it would be "Generators". To get there: C:/programs(x86)/image-line/fl studio/vst/generator, or something along those lines. So copy and paste the folder with the z3ta+ 2 synth into the generators folder. Then, go into FL Studio, then go CHANNELS tab > Add > (it'll open a large drop down menu) > More (located at the top). That'll open up a new window, where it'll list every single synth it can detect in the image line folder with a little square next to it. At the bottom of the window will be a "Refresh" button. Click that, "fast scan (recommended)", and then in red text it should show that it detected a new synth or two. Near the bottom are usually synths that you put into the folder yourself. Look for the z3ta+ 2 one, then click on the little empty box next to its' name so that the "F" appears in it, then double click on the z3ta+ 2 name. Now whenever you go to add in a new synth under the "CHANNELS" tab, it should be listed.

If what I typed doesn't work, then I have nothing else, lol.

Also, rename the thread to be more specific about your problem, please.
Image Image I am no longer an active member. here
My studio: [List of equipment]
itroitnyah

Primary: FL Studio 11
Cutie Mark: Blank flank

Return to Technique