Leonard Bernstein: The Unanswered Question (Lecture)

Discuss tips, tricks, and the creative process of music creation. Post HELP threads here

Leonard Bernstein: The Unanswered Question (Lecture)

Postby DerpyGrooves » 09 Jul 2011 08:53

http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p ... 41595F8052

1973 series of lectures regarding the phonology, syntax and semantics of music. Absolutely fascinating if you have the time to listen.
"Had you played some free jazz to ninety five per cent of the people who had made 'Take Five' a smash, they would have run for cover behind the latest release by Pat Boone." - The Timelords
DerpyGrooves

Re: Leonard Bernstein: The Unanswered Question (Lecture)

Postby Dr_Dissonance » 09 Jul 2011 09:11

I will save these for later, when I have that kind of free time...Bernstein is a genius, so warrants everyone's attention!

Also, I got confused briefly, because I saw the title, "The Unanswered Question" and thought I was about to hear the piece of the same name by Charles Ives...
Tubeyou
You are the hero My Little Remix deserves, not the one it needs.
So we’ll hunt you. Because you can take it. Because you’re not our hero.
You’re a silent guardian of music, a watchful protector of songs.
A doctor of dissonance.
-Phillypu
Dr_Dissonance

Re: Leonard Bernstein: The Unanswered Question (Lecture)

Postby DerpyGrooves » 09 Jul 2011 09:15

Dr_Dissonance wrote:I will save these for later, when I have that kind of free time...Bernstein is a genius, so warrants everyone's attention!

Also, I got confused briefly, because I saw the title, "The Unanswered Question" and thought I was about to hear the piece of the same name by Charles Ives...

The lectures are actually named for, and to a point inspired by the Ives piece in question.
"Had you played some free jazz to ninety five per cent of the people who had made 'Take Five' a smash, they would have run for cover behind the latest release by Pat Boone." - The Timelords
DerpyGrooves

Return to Technique